UK's Matt Roark Suspended

Colonels_Wear_Blue

I don't have a problem with the one game suspension, particularly since it is his first incident & he's being punished in other ways. I'd imagine he'll spend a lot of time on the track running and doing extra workouts. I'd make him apologize to the team, and issue a statement apologizing to the general public through the media.

The legal system will likely suspend his license, make him pay a fine & other associated costs, and order him to some community service.

If you kick him off of the team, then what does he do? It's very possible he leaves the school (and his support system) and there's no question what happens next. Kicking a kid to the streets isn't the answer.

But making him run more is the answer? Man if only all punishments resulted in extra workouts or more running...:rolleyes:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I would keep him on the team, but I would suspend him from play for the season. He is a Junior, he will have an opportunity to show he is humbled and sorry for his actions. He will come out and practice, he will support his teammates, and he will show remorse for his actions. If he handles those things appropriately and learns a life lesson then he can rejoin his team in full next season, and work to play at the next level. If he cannot handle the commitment of revitalizing himself, then he can move on.

The ball would be in his court. Which direction does he want to go?

I tend to like this solution the best.

You are making a huge generalization. If you knew the story I heard, you would understand what I am talking about. I'm not saying DUI isn't a very serious deal because it is, I'm just saying if what I heard is true let's not jump in and assume this kid has no future.

I'm not saying the kid has no future. Mistakes happen and people should get second chances.

However, like I said, there is nothing unlucky about getting a DUI. He messed up and he'll have to deal with it. He'll get a second chance, as he should.

You are making a huge generalization. If you knew the story I heard, you would understand what I am talking about. I'm not saying DUI isn't a very serious deal because it is, I'm just saying if what I heard is true let's not jump in and assume this kid has no future.

What's your story?

What's your story?

There may be NO TRUTH whatsoever to what I heard and I am not saying I believe it or don't believe it. So please don't assume I am passing this off as the truth...and probably "unlucky" was a poor choice of words, but here is what I was told. He was at a party and someone needed his car moved so they could leave. As he moved his car to another parking spot he hit a parked car and a neighbor called the police and when they arrived he admitted that he moved his car and hit the other car and was given a DUI. No idea if there is a shred of truth to this or not.

No, I know that. I want to know why the neighbor called the cops. If its just a ding, dont worry about it and have him give you some money. If it looks like a bowling ball went through the windshield then just tell the insurance company it was a hit and run.