Greenup County officially drops Raceland from their schedule

sidelinedoc

Coach Maynard and Coach Copley spoke earlier this week. Coach Copley said he would like to renew but he needed a home game. Coach Maynard told him that would be ok, THEN, Copley told him, well, I already have talked to Letcher Co. about that week. I'll have to get back to you. As of 11:30 am today, no response. We have teams that want to play and will fill the spot and I think that is what direction this entire escapade is heading. Again, I am not the official spokeman for Raceland. RWHS and Coach Maynard can sign, re-sign and play whoever they decide but as of this morning, Greenup, er um, Copley, wants no part of our 1A program.

Let's play Somerset!!!!!!!!!:ylsuper:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game for both programs, I do think that in time Copley will mature as a coach (no knock here..he is good) and appreciate the rivalry and gate the RAMS brought to both schools. However COACH MAYNARD will not beg for the game to be played. Copley should have known one way or the other before contacting TJ. Again,alot of that is immaturity. I wish both teams luck.

Likewise, I'm sure we all would love to me up with you. Who knows, it could happen.

With Russell playing up that moved Leslie County out of our district so now we need 7 non-district games and I think they are having a hard time filling those slots. We graduate 20 seniors but should still have a pretty good core back next year, especially on defense. My son is a senior next season and I've always wanted to catch a game at Raceland.

Well, it looks like this game is back on the schedule. Coach Maynard gave a lot of concessions to make sure this series continued, including moving games to accommodate the week that Greenup County wanted, and agreeing to play at Greenup next year even though it was supposed to be at Raceland. Everything Copley asked for, Coach Maynard agreed to to make sure the game happened. The high road? Defiantly.

Well, it looks like this game is back on the schedule. Coach Maynard gave a lot of concessions to make sure this series continued, including moving games to accommodate the week that Greenup County wanted, and agreeing to play at Greenup next year even though it was supposed to be at Raceland. Everything Copley asked for, Coach Maynard agreed to to make sure the game happened. The high road? Defiantly.

WHAT EVER IT TAKES!! Great job TJ Maynard! Just another home game 10 miles down the road!!! lol

You didn't have to let this happen but you showed what you are made of!! Thanks coach....

Since the game is now "on" and the title of the thread no longer applies perhaps a mod could close it. We can start up the smack talk related to this game in 10 months.

I love your way of thinking.