Greenup County officially drops Raceland from their schedule

sidelinedoc

I'm pretty familiar with the rivalry between these two local teams up there. Seems an awful shame to not play someone who is in your back yard and can make a competitive game out of it. I've heard similiar stories down here where some local teams that Rockcastle plays are debating on not playing them or resigining their contract. I can't imagine why not as it isn't like Rockcastle is the juggernaut they were earlier in the decade. Greenup, Raceland and Russell are all close in distance for great gate takes and in these economic times, the athletic departments of most all high schools can use all the help they can get.

It's not like the RAMS can't compete! We won I believe four or five years in a row before losing the last two years. Last years game was won on a blocked kick. :idunno:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, if I'm correct........GC has dropped 1. Russell 2. Portsmouth Notre Dame 3. Raceland 4. Coal Grove 5. Lawrence County 6. East Carter and 7. Mason County. They have picked up Johnson Central (district game).

I realize, some of these games could get re-signed........just pointing out who wasn't given the "automatic" re-sign.

I find it hilarious that the email they sent out on the Football Coaches List Server said, "We are a 4A team with a 1A team", and they are dropping a good 1A program. It would seem that if they have a "1A team" you would want to play the local 1A and 3A teams. Maybe not. What's the excuse?

Too bad they couldn't go down in class and be in our little ol' 1A District. They would be a possibilty of making it as a 4 seed some years. :lol:

You know at first, and still to an extent, I was mad about this. Inter county rival and good gate normally equals no brainer. But, now, I say to heck with it.

Ram I ageed wth your entire post but these first couple of comments pretty much sums it up. I don't like it at all but this seems to be entirely GCHS's decision so I am not going to go on about things we cannot control. Should they want to drop a county rival, nice $$ gate then so be it.

I am not at all mad, it is really kind of funny that a school as big as GC doesn't want to play lil' ol Class A Raceland. Maybe they are wanting to play schedule some teams in their class to better prepare for the playoffs. I don't know and frankly don't care.

I have no problems at all with any of the GCHS fans on here, as for the program/coach at GC just don't let the back door hit you on the way out :D:walk:. See Ya'.

Maybe Raceland can now possibly look for a very good Class A or AA program to schedule.

When I found out who GCHS schedules I will let everyone know.. I dislike it personally because of the true high school atmoshere but I know there is a sound reason behind this and once I find that out I will let everyone know. I support Coach Copley in his decision, I was told he was asked by administration to drop the Raceland game, I may not like it but I do support it. Once I find out the reasons and I have the go ahead to post, I will do so.

When I found out who GCHS schedules I will let everyone know.. I dislike it personally because of the true high school atmosphere but I know there is a sound reason behind this and once I find that out I will let everyone know. I support Coach Copley in his decision, I was told he was asked by administration to drop the Raceland game, I may not like it but I do support it. Once I find out the reasons and I have the go ahead to post, I will do so.

The administration is saying that they have no idea why Copley is not signing this game. When I say administration I mean Dunaway. Copley is blaming it on Dunaway. Which is it? Dunaway says he wants the game for the money.

Couldn't have been all that bad that you couldn't leave it on here OR!! lol
:lol:I didn't think do but sometimes it's best not to find out.......:thumb:

It will be fascinating to see who is on the schedule for 2011, and the reasoning behind "the replacements".

Maybe we could make a sequel to the movie. :popcorn:

It will be fascinating to see who is on the schedule for 2011, and the reasoning behind "the replacements".

I'm anxiously awaiting the posting of the new teams added to Greenup's schedule. I can't wait to see how they upgraded their schedule.

When I found out who GCHS schedules I will let everyone know.. I dislike it personally because of the true high school atmoshere but I know there is a sound reason behind this and once I find that out I will let everyone know. I support Coach Copley in his decision, I was told he was asked by administration to drop the Raceland game, I may not like it but I do support it. Once I find out the reasons and I have the go ahead to post, I will do so.

First thing, the game was never officially taken off GCHS's schedule, it is still being debated and looks optimistic that it will be on GCHS schedule along with Russell, Ashland and Johnson Central. We shall wait and see but I have heard from a very reliable source that this game will happen.