Ryle Offensive Coordinator Coaching Change?

RomanEmpire

What do you suggest? Free agency? Every team loses talent every year. The difference is work put in during the off season as well as development of the JV team. The difference in organization between the Ryle JV and HHS JV is embarrassing. I have heard multiple times from Ryle JV players that the coaches don't care about the JV games. It shows and it's frustrating to watch. You can't expect these kids to be prepared for varsity football if they weren't coached at the JV level. My point is you don't just find wide-outs, you develop them.

It shows? Would you like to explain yourself? How do you equate success from the JV level, Wins? If Ryle has not been developing players, how have they been successful under the current regime? I hate to ask so many questions but i am not certain this is an accurate statement. I also hate to badger a RYLE fan but I feel you are misinformed.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you suggest? Free agency? Every team loses talent every year. The difference is work put in during the off season as well as development of the JV team. The difference in organization between the Ryle JV and HHS JV is embarrassing. I have heard multiple times from Ryle JV players that the coaches don't care about the JV games. It shows and it's frustrating to watch. You can't expect these kids to be prepared for varsity football if they weren't coached at the JV level. My point is you don't just find wide-outs, you develop them.

Not true, at all. Likely these are the same kids that have been "all-stars" through their Frosh year and do not like playing behind better Jr. and Sr. players. The Soph kids that are doing the extra work in the weight room, on the track and eating right are the ones that are getting on the field on Friday nights and use Saturday mornings (JV games) to get better. If the kids aren't happy with their current situation, they have the ability to change it. Sorry... it isn't a sense of entitlement situation that some of the parents have set their sons up for. If you know one of these kids that is not happy with their current situation, you should tell him to look in the mirror and stop blaming the coaches for "Not Caring about JV."

Reading between the lines it sounds like a reduction in duties.

Something has to change. Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Ryle throw the ball less than 10 times against Dixie for almost no yardage? With a QB like Hempel there is no excuse for that, none, zero, nothing...

Something has to change. Correct me if I am wrong but didn't Ryle throw the ball less than 10 times against Dixie for almost no yardage? With a QB like Hempel there is no excuse for that, none, zero, nothing...

I agree. This morning's Enquirer listed "impact QB's" in N. Ky. and Hempel was at the bottom of the list of about 12-15 QB's. You have a D1 QB and that is all the production you are getting out of him? In 6A football you need as many weapons as possible if you want to compete at the top.

Enquirer showed 52 attempts for the year.

I don't think it's anything other than Coach Warner picks up play calling duties because he was not happy with a definite lack of balance in play calling. Coach Warner did not call plays the 1st 4 games. This change will make Ryle an even better team this year so it will be a good move. Versus good teams at the 6A level or vs. a team like Highlands, you will not win without passing the ball effectively. Expect much more balance in the offensive attack the rest of the year. Good news for Ryle fans IMO.

It shows? Would you like to explain yourself? How do you equate success from the JV level, Wins? If Ryle has not been developing players, how have they been successful under the current regime? I hate to ask so many questions but i am not certain this is an accurate statement. I also hate to badger a RYLE fan but I feel you are misinformed.

My son plays JV and I am quite aware that coach Warner has attended the games. I haven't missed one in the 2 yrs that my son has played. If you think that the JV is as organized as it should be, you haven't been watching the same football games I have. I apologize for being critical of a team that I want to be successful as much as any other Ryle fan/dad on here. Once again, I said I have heard multiple times from players saying the coaches don't care about the JV game. I'm not sure you can call that statement inaccurate. Sorry to ruffle the feathers of the Ryle faithful! Just calling it as I see it.

Glad to see Ryle complete a few swing passes today. If they can build on that, then they will improve. If Hemple could get enough time to "air it out" like he did last year then he should be in business. He certainly has speedy receivers, but unfortunately none of them are 6' 8" or named Trent Fugate, but nonetheless I would expect a track speedster like Jeff Huntley to be able to run under some long bombs once in a while. That is the difference in this offense compared to a year ago. I also worry about the mileage on Elliott going both ways. He is a truly exceptional football player. Kudos to Hemple for taking a broken play to paydirt when it mattered.

This is false. The OC being referred here is still in a Co-Coordinator role. Coach Warner, Coach Teegarden and Coach Woolf have an excellent relationship as well as the entire staff. The Raiders are heading in the right direction. Coach Teegarden will be on the field during the Cooper game along with Coach Demetrakis because they have the ability to make adjustments with the offensive line that will greatly benefit the success of the offense. Coach Warner and the staff understand the final play-call will come from Coach Warner but he filters input from several staff members during games including Coach Teegarden since he is the Co-Offensive Coordinator. Coach Warner believes it is "Our Team" not his team and he believes his staff members are doing an outstanding job including Coach Teegarden.

What we have here is a case of semantics. Titles and names may be the same but it's clear to most that duties have changed and it was for a reason. "On the field" "off the field" "in the box" "in the parking lot" Coach Warner wasn't happy. He obviously will not say that publicly nor should he but if he changed Teegarden's role he doesn't think he was doing an "outstanding job" as you say.

My son plays JV and I am quite aware that coach Warner has attended the games. I haven't missed one in the 2 yrs that my son has played. If you think that the JV is as organized as it should be, you haven't been watching the same football games I have. I apologize for being critical of a team that I want to be successful as much as any other Ryle fan/dad on here. Once again, I said I have heard multiple times from players saying the coaches don't care about the JV game. I'm not sure you can call that statement inaccurate. Sorry to ruffle the feathers of the Ryle faithful! Just calling it as I see it.

What specifically do you feel has been disorganized? Play-calling? Use of certain players? Game preparation? I've gotten to see a couple of the JV games and can't say I've seen anything that would qualify as disorganized, but maybe you've seen something specifically?

Very nice to see a couple bubble passes thrown to Lonkard tonight. Ryle hasn't used that play much at all (any?) to date this year, which is somewhat surprising given the success they've had with it in past years. Also enjoyed seeing the underneath crossing route to Lonkard. Not a huge target, but the kid can get open and can certainly run for yardage after the catch. IMO, he is their most valuable receiving asset and it appears as though they will be making increased use of him moving forward.