Ryle Offensive Coordinator Coaching Change?

RomanEmpire

Word from Union has it that Ryle has relieved their Offensive Coordinator of his duties. There has been alot of talk here on BGP about the lack of balance as it relates to Ryle's offense. Will Warner be taking over the play calling duties? I believe this is the second time that this particular OC has been relieved at Ryle. His name isn't Billy Martin is it?

Is it fair to assume that we will see Hempel throw the ball more? Interesting development to say the least.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird story all around. Weird that it happens now in the middle of the season. Weird that it happens on a Friday right before a game. I think Coach Warner must really believe his team has a chance to win it all this year or he wouldn't be making these moves. I wish the Raiders the best.

Weird story all around. Weird that it happens now in the middle of the season. Weird that it happens on a Friday right before a game. I think Coach Warner must really believe his team has a chance to win it all this year or he wouldn't be making these moves. I wish the Raiders the best.

If true Coach Warner is wrong. As long as nothing changes the chance of you seeing a 6A champ not named Trinity or St. X is slim and none.

I don't know Coach Warner but I highly doubt he's taking the "we have no chance" approach.

I'm not saying he is and he definitely shouldn't. I don't think any coach would no matter how bad they are. But that doesn't change the fact he and everyone else in 6A are playing for 2nd place.

I don't know Coach Warner but I highly doubt he's taking the "we have no chance" approach.

Every coach lives for that special season and that big upset. All things are possible before the scoreboard hits all zeros. Coaches just want to put their players in the position to achieve the unachievable. I'm sure you're right, he believes.

I'm not saying he is and he definitely shouldn't. I don't think any coach would no matter how bad they are. But that doesn't change the fact he and everyone else in 6A are playing for 2nd place.

90 out of 100 times you're probably right. Fortunately for Ryle and others they play the game to see if that 10 pops up.

Word from Union has it that Ryle has relieved their Offensive Coordinator of his duties. There has been alot of talk here on BGP about the lack of balance as it relates to Ryle's offense. Will Warner be taking over the play calling duties? I believe this is the second time that this particular OC has been relieved at Ryle. His name isn't Billy Martin is it?

Is it fair to assume that we will see Hempel throw the ball more? Interesting development to say the least.

This is false. The OC being referred here is still in a Co-Coordinator role. Coach Warner, Coach Teegarden and Coach Woolf have an excellent relationship as well as the entire staff. The Raiders are heading in the right direction. Coach Teegarden will be on the field during the Cooper game along with Coach Demetrakis because they have the ability to make adjustments with the offensive line that will greatly benefit the success of the offense. Coach Warner and the staff understand the final play-call will come from Coach Warner but he filters input from several staff members during games including Coach Teegarden since he is the Co-Offensive Coordinator. Coach Warner believes it is "Our Team" not his team and he believes his staff members are doing an outstanding job including Coach Teegarden.

The person I feel for the most here is Hempel. Seems he has had a different OC every year. Very difficult to get any type of continuity going imo. I am not sure we ever got to see or will see this kid's entire arsenal of talent as a QB. Good luck to Conner the rest of the season.

This is false. The OC being referred here is still in a Co-Coordinator role. Coach Warner, Coach Teegarden and Coach Woolf have an excellent relationship as well as the entire staff. The Raiders are heading in the right direction. Coach Teegarden will be on the field during the Cooper game along with Coach Demetrakis because they have the ability to make adjustments with the offensive line that will greatly benefit the success of the offense. Coach Warner and the staff understand the final play-call will come from Coach Warner but he filters input from several staff members during games including Coach Teegarden since he is the Co-Offensive Coordinator. Coach Warner believes it is "Our Team" not his team and he believes his staff members are doing an outstanding job including Coach Teegarden.

Fair to say his responsibilities have been greatly diminished?

Ryle should be trying to find some wideouts!

What do you suggest? Free agency? Every team loses talent every year. The difference is work put in during the off season as well as development of the JV team. The difference in organization between the Ryle JV and HHS JV is embarrassing. I have heard multiple times from Ryle JV players that the coaches don't care about the JV games. It shows and it's frustrating to watch. You can't expect these kids to be prepared for varsity football if they weren't coached at the JV level. My point is you don't just find wide-outs, you develop them.

What do you suggest? Free agency? Every team loses talent every year. The difference is work put in during the off season as well as development of the JV team. The difference in organization between the Ryle JV and HHS JV is embarrassing. I have heard multiple times from Ryle JV players that the coaches don't care about the JV games. It shows and it's frustrating to watch. You can't expect these kids to be prepared for varsity football if they weren't coached at the JV level. My point is you don't just find wide-outs, you develop them.

How many practices have you attended? Ryle has started their own younger team- Union Raiders to develop that talent. It doesn't start at the Freshman or JV level. The feeder system would have been started years ago like HHS but was not allowed. The Ryle staff does care about the JV games. One thing that might clue you in is Coach Warner has missed one JV game in the past 8 years because of the birth of his son. How many head coaches have attended that many JV games? By the way, Coach Warner has an open door policy if you have an issue you would like to discuss with him. Good luck to all on this site the rest of the season!

This may be a bit of a "dumb question", but why co-coordinators? I'm not doubting (at all) that what you're saying is true, but if the final play call is coming from one guy, why not give the whole play call to that guy instead of going with the collaborative idea? It would seem to me, at least, that having multiple people trying to provide input for a single play call is going to make it awfully easy to get into a bad situation with delay of game penalties - especially at a high school level.