Dayton coach punches out bus window

Reality Check

This certainly gives the Dayton administration pause and can't be written off as "he just lost his temper." Breaking a window with your fist is pretty serious and raises a lot of questions. I've never heard anything bad about the guy but I will not be surprised if he's coached his last game at Dayton.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know the details, so I won't pile on. All I can say is thank God the newspaper isn't here to report when I lose my temper.

Usually the papers aren't there, but a player or parent calls them after the fact and then they check it out and report it. Not sure it is newsworthy.

No I did not

But I guess it alright for the coaches at the school you root for not to do anything when their so called stud get in trouble and they look the other way. I would be willing to bet most school would have dismiss the player but not the camels.

I remember a few times when SK played at Dayton in the 90's there was a few trouble makers.

I got news for you, IF you have ever played a sport in high school, there are trouble makers on EVERY team. Let's not start dumping on the Dayton program.

I got news for you, IF you have ever played a sport in high school, there are trouble makers on EVERY team. Let's not start dumping on the Dayton program.

I need to also add, there are trouble makers at EVERY school that may not be on the football team.

But I guess it alright for the coaches at the school you root for not to do anything when their so called stud get in trouble and they look the other way. I would be willing to bet most school would have dismiss the player but not the camels.

Be careful, Marley. BGP isn't big on talking about minor's activities.

No it's not okay and I seriously doubt that happened, seriously doubt. What team do you root for because if it's who I think it is your comment is very funny?

The rest of the story. Team had just lost by 50+ points. Players refusing to play for the coach, throwing helmets, talking about the coach not knowing what he is doing, and also talking about his family. The bigger picture as I see it is this coach needs to get control of his team if it is not to late. I'm not defending his actions as he definitely went to far. Apparently he and or staff also made some derogatory comments towards the players which as the adults they need to be the bigger men and keep these comments to themselves even if there is some truth to them. Dayton is a young team and these losses by large amounts may be the norm this year. The coach needs to realize this. It may be a tough pill to swallow but it is what it is. At the end of the day its not always about wins and losses but making these young teenage boys become better men. The players on the other hand need to realize this isn't pee wee ball anymore and you can't act like a child when things don't go your way. Work harder and good things will come in time. Needless to say it looks like this could be a very long season for The Greendevils.