Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dayton coach punches out bus window

Featured Replies

http://www.kypost.com/dpps/sports/local_sports/coach-punches-out-window,-suspended-for-three-games_5088252

 

"DAYTON, Ky. - A frustrating loss lead to some unsportsmanlike conduct after Dayton High School's football game against Taylor High School on Friday night.

 

Head coach Zach Deaton put his hand through a window on the school bus Friday night.

 

The incident happened after players and coaches boarded a team bus back to Kentucky.

 

Dr. Gary Rye, Superintendent, said that Deaton is suspended for three games. He will also have to pay restitution for the window and apologize to the team.

 

Dayton lost to Taylor 51 to 0."

  • Replies 73
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. Stressed much?

Angry I can get, but I never could get punching something as making it better, especially someone else property.

Zach Deaton is a good person and also a good coach. Please remember we all get caught up in the moment sometimes before you start trashing Zach. I'm sure Zach is in regret this Tuesday afternoon and would love to have that moment back in his coaching career!!!

I can imagine Zach Deaton will catch all sorts of heat for this, but I'm really surprised by it. To me, he's always seemed to be calm, even if things weren't going well. I hope this ends up being a positive lesson for him, especially since he's a younger head coach. I'll assume he'll be in coaching for a long time, so hopefully this was an isolated incident during a weak moment. We've all been there! I throw things at the TV while watching my teams not do well!

 

Best of luck to the Greendevils, and to Coach Deaton.

  • Author

Very poor judgment and disappointing from someone who should be a role model for kids.

Tough start to a long season for Dayton! Hope Coach Deatons hand is ok? If you have ever coached and played on the losing end of one of those games it is easy to get frustrated, but one must be able to control their emotions. Maybe Coach Dilts can help him out while he is suspended!

Alot of coaches have been run out of better places for a lot less..........I know some crazy coaches, but I have never seen on bust out a window with a fist....

I don't know the details, so I won't pile on. All I can say is thank God the newspaper isn't here to report when I lose my temper.

Sorry to about that and hopes he uses better judgement next time. I hope to see the program puts this behind them and makes a positive outta this negative!

This just another stain in Dayton Didnt he have and incident last year. If that would have been a kid that punched it out they would be under arrest for their actions. his behavior was so egregious as to endanger the health and safety of students and staff.

Having played for Highlands I'm shocked that the lessons of how to deal with failure and adversity failed to reach Mr. Deaton :rolleyes:

 

On a serious note that is unacceptable behavior for a highschool coach around minors. I hope he doesn't lose his job, which would be justified but rather uses it as a lesson learned and becomes an excellent role model in the future.

Having played for Highlands I'm shocked .

 

You played for Highlands?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.