The New Healthcare Law and Your Business

So we can safely place you in the "I'm for larger more intrusive government" column?

No, you can put me in the "I'm for people paying the taxes they owe column." Can I safely put you in the "It doesn't matter what the government does I will be against it no matter what column? If indeed, this results in collecting an extra 18 billion dollars, that means that there are tax cheats scamming to avoid paying that 18 billion. That means that honest citizens will pay it instead. Is that what you favor?

Have any of you people run a business lately? Most businesses of any size at all generate their accounts payable through a computer program. Vendors are set up with a number. At the end of the year you run a report and mail them out. It is no big deal. If you keep your books by hand and have lots of vendors it could be a problem. I suggest you throw away your green eye shades, your quill pens and your leather bound account books and join the 21st century.

I do run a business. In fact, I run accounting for a bunch of them. It can be a very big deal. Account maintenance, account review, communications getting the information, labor for printing, reviewing, stuffing, mailing. Cost of supplies, cost of postage. It's a lot more than you make it out to be. Now, figure a small business that may go from 10 to 50 1099's. Very possible. What do you think it will cost them? This does not even take into account the many places still not automated. They're out there. A lot of them. This will be great for me but make no mistake, this is going to hurt a lot of small companies. Good move. Not!
:popcorn:

No, you can put me in the "I'm for people paying the taxes they owe column." Can I safely put you in the "It doesn't matter what the government does I will be against it no matter what column? If indeed, this results in collecting an extra 18 billion dollars, that means that there are tax cheats scamming to avoid paying that 18 billion. That means that honest citizens will pay it instead. Is that what you favor?

Are these tax cheats criminals or is that title reserved for illegal immigrants?

No, you can put me in the "I'm for people paying the taxes they owe column."
Tim Geithner, Kathleen Sebelius, Al Franken, Tom Daschle, Charles Rangel... good call. I'm down with that. :thumb:

Kinda ironic our law makers and higher tax authors are tax crooks themselves. :rolleyes:

Everyone of these liars should be impeached and removed from ever holding public office again.

Can I safely put you in the "It doesn't matter what the government does I will be against it no matter what column?
Nah... it's actually the "It doesn't matter what the government does I will be against it unless it is Constitutional, Ethical and makes good Sense" column :thumb:

If indeed, this results in collecting an extra 18 billion dollars, that means that there are tax cheats scamming to avoid paying that 18 billion. That means that honest citizens will pay it instead. Is that what you favor?
I favor lawmakers that aren't crooks.

I favor lawmakers who espouse "Higher taxes and everyone paying their fair share" actually paying their fair share of the very taxes they make law.

I favor getting rid of as much deadwood in an already suffocating tax code that restricts the genius, creativity and productivity of the American capitalistic free market system. It's all these idiotic "feel good" "let's stick it to the rich guys" anally retentive, we must probe every possible nook and cranny regulations that do nothing more than throttle back what could be an incredible economic engine.

This law will require more in bookkeeping and enforcement than it will take in. It is stupid, counterproductive and unnecessary. If 10% of businesses already filing are liars and cheats... passing a new law punishing the 90% who are already in compliance WILL DO NOTHING WITHOUT ENFORCEMENT anyway. Which is to say, enforce the laws ALREADY on the books and these cheaters will be caught and punished as they should be.

This is nothing more than posturing by the hypocrites who passed a Health Care biil few if any of them had actually read... which in and of itself should be a criminal offense IMO.

I know you are but what am I? ALL of the tax cheats should have to pay. The fact that someone else didn't doesn't make it okay, no matter how hypocritical it is.
I have a pretty good idea what you are... :lol:

NOWHERE have I said it is acceptable to cheat and make others pay your share... just like those too lazy to get a real job while settling for welfare... or the bums who file for disability even though they are perfectly able to perform a job function. Abuses of our good will abound.

My point is, there are laws and tax regulations ALREADY IN PLACE to catch the cheaters, without adding yet another level of bureaucratic hooey on top of those who already obey the law.

It's kinda like the whole fuss over "hate crimes legislation". Murder is murder... whether the killer claims to have loved the person killed or admits hating them... dead is dead. There are laws on the books to deal with murderers. What else can be done to a murder that is proven to have "hated" his victim? Is a "loving" murder any less brutal or final than a "hate" induced murder? Is a gay or ethnic minority murder victim worthy of more rights than a majority murder victim?

If the IRS is against it, it must be a bad idea.

I do run a business. In fact, I run accounting for a bunch of them. It can be a very big deal. Account maintenance, account review, communications getting the information, labor for printing, reviewing, stuffing, mailing. Cost of supplies, cost of postage. It's a lot more than you make it out to be. Now, figure a small business that may go from 10 to 50 1099's. Very possible. What do you think it will cost them? This does not even take into account the many places still not automated. They're out there. A lot of them. This will be great for me but make no mistake, this is going to hurt a lot of small companies. Good move. Not!

Account maintenance, account review and communications getting the information are all necessary to pay the invoice in the first place. That leaves printing (push a button), reviewing (shouldn't need much since the review should have been done before the invoice was paid), stuffing and mailing. WOW!! How much does it cost you to stuff 40 envelopes and mail them? This is nothing more than people that will look for any excuse to gripe.

Account maintenance, account review and communications getting the information are all necessary to pay the invoice in the first place. That leaves printing (push a button), reviewing (shouldn't need much since the review should have been done before the invoice was paid), stuffing and mailing. WOW!! How much does it cost you to stuff 40 envelopes and mail them? This is nothing more than people that will look for any excuse to gripe.

Wrong. You don't need the same information for invoices that you do for 1099's. What about the w-9's? Same amount of work. What about the large number of vendors that require follow up because they don't want to provide the information? What about the many small companies still on paper? There are a ton of them. You want the government to make them upgrade? Talk about government intrusion. Wow!

This is nothing more than apologizing for a bad idea.

Wrong. You don't need the same information for invoices that you do for 1099's. What about the w-9's? Same amount of work. What about the large number of vendors that require follow up because they don't want to provide the information? What about the many small companies still on paper? There are a ton of them. You want the government to make them upgrade? Talk about government intrusion. Wow!

This is nothing more than apologizing for a bad idea.

Have some kool-aid....it will at least make it all sugary...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/administration/eop/cea/Health-Care-Reform-and-Small-Businesses