Its all about Lex. Cath.

NEXT

Lex Cath has never even won the Region in football but it's about them?

Rose Hill? Rose Hill was a little school that got their brains beat in by people like Ashland and Boyd Co every year! I'm talking like 80 points a game in basketball. When Rose Hill came out of nowhere and started smacking them around it didn't feel too good and they went nuts! Kind of funny how superstars like Frank Lee (Boyd Co) came from the Ramey home and one of the best backs in history (Ashland) came from the Fairview area but the pot can really light up the kettle in this state! It's a double standard and it's a joke. I have coached in Eastern KY, Louisville and Lexington. I will zip my lip as to where most of the recruiting goes on. I don't have to listen to all the rumors. I have been a part of the programs that supposedly lose kids and I've been in the programs that supposedly take them. I've also been around the one's that are never mentioned that get the most! It's pretty funny to see some of the stuff that has gone on the past month. Some of the loudest mouths in this cry of an unfair advantage reside in schools that have pulled a numerous amount of athletes in from other places!

Well put!Most people don't see that the big problem is OPEN ENROLLMENT instead of whether a school is public or private! a public school can get athletes from anywhere if they allow anyone that wants to come! For those private school people who believe it's all about them, you are wrong and so is the KHSAA if that's all they are going to address.All you need to be able to recruit is an open enrollment policy!Wake up to the real problem folks!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't agree with you more on Scott County with Mr. Basketball Rick Jones moving from Corbin and Scott Hundley played two years of basketball at Dunbar then went to Scott County.

I agree Scott County should have been punished for some of the things that went on their and that's the KHSAA fault for which I have been saying for ever are the laziest people around.

But I do think it is a problem when Chelsey Chowning grows up in Berea and then when Lexington Catholic hires the old Berea Community Head Basketball Coach Chelsey happens to go to Lexington Catholic. I do think it is a problem when Phillip Martin goes to Folely Middle School in Berea an then is the runningback for Lexington Catholic. I do think it is a problem when Coleman Savage leaves Madison Central then goes to LCA, EJ, Bryan Station, then Lexington Catholic and by mid season he is eligable and all of this happend all because he wanted to follow Paul Rains who left Madison Central and follow him to LCA and he got stuck when he couldn't get into LCA. Yes he moved from Richmond to Lexington but he went to 5 schools in about 3 months and was made eligable by the KHSAA.

My main beef is with the KHSAA do your job and everthing will be ok. But if actions like the one's I have mentioned continue I understand why other schools get upset.

Would you care to define what violations of rules (KHSAA or otherwise) occurred in the Jones and Hundley cases which illustrate someone wasn't doing their job. Or it just your perception from on high? And in the matter on LCA, just exactly what rule was violated? What your post fails to acknowledge is that the rules we all play by are also accessible to parents, and particularly, lawyers, who know how to read them and do what is wanted within them. In this case, if the rules are the problem, then the 280 or so KHSAA schools need to change them. It isn't just not enforcing what's on the books. That's an easy cop out by those who aren't totally informed but just want to sit back and whine about perception.

Would you care to define what violations of rules (KHSAA or otherwise) occurred in the Jones and Hundley cases which illustrate someone wasn't doing their job. Or it just your perception from on high? And in the matter on LCA, just exactly what rule was violated? What your post fails to acknowledge is that the rules we all play by are also accessible to parents, and particularly, lawyers, who know how to read them and do what is wanted within them. In this case, if the rules are the problem, then the 280 or so KHSAA schools need to change them. It isn't just not enforcing what's on the books. That's an easy cop out by those who aren't totally informed but just want to sit back and whine about perception.

For someone so informed with the rules you might want to read the BGP rules. We are not allowed to post High School Rule Violations on the forum with direct information to schools and players.

I never remember saying LCA broke any rules. Actually I give LCA credit for having an admissions test which kept Coleman Savage from going to LCA. Lexington Catholic does not have an admissions test and Coleman Savage was eligable their after mid season.

Same rules, Ask me about that one in a p.m. and I will give you some "Same Rules" not only from private schools but public as well. I am not a big private school fan but I'm one of the rare one's who think the problem can be solved and we do not have to kick the private schools out of KHSAA. My beef has always been with the KHSAA for being lazy and stupid.

The Commissioner has a couple of months to make everyone happy.

• 2 weeks later...
For someone so informed with the rules you might want to read the BGP rules. We are not allowed to post High School Rule Violations on the forum with direct information to schools and players.

I never remember saying LCA broke any rules. Actually I give LCA credit for having an admissions test which kept Coleman Savage from going to LCA. Lexington Catholic does not have an admissions test and Coleman Savage was eligable their after mid season.

Same rules, Ask me about that one in a p.m. and I will give you some "Same Rules" not only from private schools but public as well. I am not a big private school fan but I'm one of the rare one's who think the problem can be solved and we do not have to kick the private schools out of KHSAA. My beef has always been with the KHSAA for being lazy and stupid.

Curious that you are so knowledgeable and yet want to lay it all in the lap of the KHSAA. As omniscient as you apparently are, why don't you write up the solution and send it to the KHSAA office. The KHSAA is simply a group of 282 schools, and they need to work to solve this situation together. But if you have the perfect answer, I looked on their web site. Here is where you can send the information. KHSAA Contact Information

Am curious if you think all 282 schools are lazy and stupid, or just exactly who that is referencing?

In my view, there are seven schools that have contributed greatly toward this widespread disdain for private schools ... Trinity, St. Xavier, Sacred Heart, Assumption, Lexington Catholic, Owensboro Catholic and University Heights.

From my understanding, the reps that will most likely be asked to be in on the discussions for a compromise before the beginning of Feb will be Lex Cath, Sacred Heart, St. X, Trinity and Assumption.

If it plays out that way it is a travesty that no one representing the private schools in NKY is invited to be a part of the compromise meetings.

• 2 weeks later...
:confused: Pikeville playing with the boys on hand.

There is a BIG difference with Pikeville (and any OTHER independent public school) playing with kids outside their drawn boundaries than happens with private schools.

This debate is ridiculous. The only division that privates dominate in football is 4A. Look at 3A, Boyle and Highlands are able to hang, Rockcastle and Bell can hang with anyone in 3A. There are some years that any of these teams could hang with most 4A programs including Trinity and St X. It has not been too many years ago that Highlands beat Trinity on Trinity's home field. There has been no monopoly created. Leave well enough alone and simply work to make your school team better. Get involved. Join the boosters, volunteer your time, donate money, whatever it takes just go out and do it. That some public schools can do it should be an inspiration to all public schools. It just takes an entire community to get it done. Just do it and quit complaining.