Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Patterson, Cousins, Bledsoe, Orton to return?

Featured Replies

My bad...you are right. Lords of London just sounded more.....well British sounding haha.

 

Someone mentioned Lamb. He's not as tall as advertised and while an excellent shooter, it is a little flat. I think he will take more than a year before the jump.

  • Replies 126
  • Views 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Question is WHY? Doesn't make any sense.

 

With Poole coming in and Leslie likely coming as soon as Knight commits, that will take away playing time from Darius. UK has a lot 3's on the team.

 

Miller at Xavier would make a lot of sense with Love leaving.

 

Darius also doesn't fit in to the DDO.

With Poole coming in and Leslie likely coming as soon as Knight commits, that will take away playing time from Darius. UK has a lot 3's on the team.

 

Miller at Xavier would make a lot of sense with Love leaving.

 

Darius also doesn't fit in to the DDO.

 

Darius' only problem is his confidence. He is the absolute perfect fit for the Drible Drive. If you remember when Cal was hired, he gushed about how Darius was the perfect player for what he wanted.

 

The kid has great handle, tall, long and at 230 is extremely strong for a 2/3 man. His shot isn't bad, when he jumps straight up with it.

 

Darius would be a great player for us once/if he gets his confidence level up. I think people underestimate how much the breaking down and building up approach that Gillispie tried played a role with Darius' development.

With Poole coming in and Leslie likely coming as soon as Knight commits, that will take away playing time from Darius. UK has a lot 3's on the team.

 

Miller at Xavier would make a lot of sense with Love leaving.

 

Darius also doesn't fit in to the DDO.

 

I disagree. Miller was a man amongst boys in the first couple games of the tournament, albeit not the best competition. Calipari said it himself, Miller is perfect in this system and will shine given time.

 

I don't think a Poole coming in will bother Darius's playing time at all.

Don't know if Miller and X talk is true, but if it is he would be in a system/team with a lot less pressure on him.

I think Cuz is very sincere when he speaks of his love for UK. He has been accepted, admired, and loved here--something he did not receive in Alabama. He said that much in a recent interview. Patterson seems to love being a collegian, and has that Chuck Hayes aura about him. He too loves being a Cat.

 

But in the end, these guys have long, long dreamed of playing in the NBA & being able to take care of their families. Emotionally, the loss to WVU still stings with them, but as time passes & these guys talk to Cal, I think reality sets in and they all bolt.

 

I think the big 3 should leave. I don't think Bledsoe is ready, but as others have stated, next year's draft is loaded with talented PG's (not to mention the lockout). If Bledsoe goes this year, he could be the 2nd or 3rd PG taken, and he'd have guaranteed money when selected in the 1st round. I don't see EB in UK blue next year.

 

Orton is a 50/50, but I think he'll ultimately be back, though I'm not as confident in that prediction.

Miller doesn't fit in the DDM? I think he is perfect for the offense. As far as the possibility of a log jam of players at the 3, we'll have to wait and see who comes in.

 

Orton is a 50/50, but I think he'll ultimately be back, though I'm not as confident in that prediction.

 

He needs to come back!

 

He needs to get stronger and work on a few things before he leaves, unless he wants to be a journeyman in the NBA or possibly out of it in a few years, he could make a lot more money and stay there longer if he stays at UK a year or two more and work on his game.

 

I agree that Cousins truly loves UK and appreciates how he is treated, if he stays, I see Patterson staying as well.

 

I also can see Patterson staying even if Cousins doesn't, but my bet is if one comes back, both will.

Miller at Xavier would make a lot of sense with Love leaving.

 

.

 

I don't follow.

FWIW, Dave Baker was on Rivals radio this morning and said that there's an 80% chance that Orton and Bledsoe are both gone. He actually sounded like it was a done deal. :cry:

Someone made a good point over the weekend about Calipari's philosophy. This guy thinks it would be wise to sign 1-2 one and doners and then sign 2-3 solid contributors that can be stars for 3-4 years in the program.

 

In other words, he thinks Calipari should do what Pitino used to do. Bring in an Antoine Walker, Ron Mercer and Jamal Mashburn - but make sure you also have Travis Ford, Anthony Epps and Scott Padgett types, as well.

 

Anyone agree/disagree?

Someone made a good point over the weekend about Calipari's philosophy. This guy thinks it would be wise to sign 1-2 one and doners and then sign 2-3 solid contributors that can be stars for 3-4 years in the program.

 

In other words, he thinks Calipari should do what Pitino used to do. Bring in an Antoine Walker, Ron Mercer and Jamal Mashburn - but make sure you also have Travis Ford, Anthony Epps and Scott Padgett types, as well.

 

Anyone agree/disagree?

 

That sounds about right. I'll agree.

Perhaps not the best example considering new mocks have Bradford going #1 to the Rams, who will host him three days prior to the draft.

Ask Sam Bradford if he is happy he lost a year of making a few million dollars. He has already stated he wishes he would have gone last year. Point is these guys are seconds away from losing millions of dollars. Take it if it is there.

Less uncertain? So it's certain?

 

I wouldn't expect him to just quit. I wouldn't quit even if I were going pro. I'd finish out the semester...

 

??? Why?

??? Why?

 

I've got to admit I wouldn't finish out the semester if I was headed to the pros...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.