Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Patterson, Cousins, Bledsoe, Orton to return?

Featured Replies

I still don't see the Ty Lawson comparison.

 

neither do I... :idunno:

  • Replies 126
  • Views 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't see where Bledsoe fits in at the NBA level. 6'1 with a weak handle and an average-at-best J.

 

What am I missing?

I just don't see where Bledsoe fits in at the NBA level. 6'1 with a weak handle and an average-at-best J.

 

What am I missing?

 

That's what I have been saying his size hurts him. He has his nights where he can light it up but certainly has his off nights as well. Sounds like most back up NBA guards right? Is he really that much of a better shooter than Meeks who rides the pine?

Meeks is a way better shooter. He is going to be drafted on athletic ability which is off the charts and his potential. You can teach someone a jump shot, just ask Lebron James.

That's what I have been saying his size hurts him. He has his nights where he can light it up but certainly has his off nights as well. Sounds like most back up NBA guards right? Is he really that much of a better shooter than Meeks who rides the pine?

 

He is not anywhere near the player Meeks was and , as you said, Meeks went 2nd round and doesn't get much PT.

Meeks is a way better shooter. He is going to be drafted on athletic ability which is off the charts and his potential. You can teach someone a jump shot, just ask Lebron James.

 

You cannot teach a jumpshot. You either have the basics or you don't. Bledsoe doesn't IMO. He's short. He has no handle.

 

The NBDL is filled with players with "athletic ability."

Meeks is a way better shooter. He is going to be drafted on athletic ability which is off the charts and his potential. You can teach someone a jump shot, just ask Lebron James.

 

Lebron came into the league knocking down shots. Bledsoe would have to be someone like Joe Johnson but Johnson is 6'7" and a sniper. I just think at 6'1" all of the other athletes on the floor might catch up with him.

Lebron came into the league knocking down shots. Bledsoe would have to be someone like Joe Johnson but Johnson is 6'7" and a sniper. I just think at 6'1" all of the other athletes on the floor might catch up with him.

 

Sorry but he did not. Lebron hit 41% of his shots and 29% from 3 his first year.

You cannot teach a jumpshot. You either have the basics or you don't. Bledsoe doesn't IMO. He's short. He has no handle.

 

The NBDL is filled with players with "athletic ability."

 

Yes you can teach a jump shot. Chris Paul is another good example.

You cannot teach a jumpshot. You either have the basics or you don't. Bledsoe doesn't IMO. He's short. He has no handle.

 

The NBDL is filled with players with "athletic ability."

 

There are many people who have gone to the NBA that couldn't shoot that ended up being good NBA shooters. You can't teach speed and athletecism. I'm kind of w/ you that I don't see him being a great pro, but this is supposed to be a weak pg class.

, but this is supposed to be a weak pg class.

 

He would be the weakest. Zero handle.

 

Tell me that UK fans didn't hold their breath every time he took off with the ball.

Sorry but he did not. Lebron hit 41% of his shots and 29% from 3 his first year.

 

Which is not bad at all for his rookie year. Kobe's career is 45% / 34%. You all have high expectations for Eric, but I do hope he lives up to them, once a Cat, always a Cat.

Sorry Clyde, but I'll take the word of quite a few NBA scouts and GMs over yours any day.

 

I think he'd be best served to come back, but if he's a top 20 pick, like he appears to be, he has to go.

Bledsoe would be an awesome fit for teams like the Heat, Kings, or other teams that have a good combo guard in the backcourt that could take the ball out of his hands alot. Bledsoe/Wade or Bledsoe/Evans would be a potentially nasty combo. There are not a lot of 6 foot guys with his athleticism so he's an intriguing pick.

Yes you can teach a jump shot. Chris Paul is another good example.

 

You can teach a jump shot in college too. I think the main thing in the NBA is that its a lot easier to create your own shot. People are able to get into the lane a lot easier than in college, and its mainly one on one. If you have talent like these guys do, they will find it easier to score and shoot in the NBA IMO. The same will go for John Wall too, as great as he was in college, he will have an even easier time scoring in the NBA IMO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.