Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Patterson, Cousins, Bledsoe, Orton to return?

Featured Replies

There have been plenty of NBA point guards with avg. handle and shots that have made it in the league. If Bledsoe can turn his speed, quickness, and athleticsm into being a lock down defender then there is no reason why he won't have a long career.

 

I think of a guy like Eric Snow, couldn't shoot a lick until the later half of his career and even then his range didn't extend much past the free throw line and he played forever because of his defense. Bledsoe can work his way into that, but he is already leaps and bounds ahead on being able to shoot the ball.

  • Replies 126
  • Views 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There have been plenty of NBA point guards with avg. handle and shots that have made it in the league. If Bledsoe can turn his speed, quickness, and athleticsm into being a lock down defender then there is no reason why he won't have a long career.

 

I think of a guy like Eric Snow, couldn't shoot a lick until the later half of his career and even then his range didn't extend much past the free throw line and he played forever because of his defense. Bledsoe can work his way into that, but he is already leaps and bounds ahead on being able to shoot the ball.

 

You all are acting like Bledsoe is a Wayne Turner or Rajon Rondo when it comes to shooting. I mean he's not fantastic, but I'd say he's better than average with the jumper.

You all are acting like Bledsoe is a Wayne Turner or Rajon Rondo when it comes to shooting. I mean he's not fantastic, but I'd say he's better than average with the jumper.

 

I think you're exactly right, he does have a nice shot. I was just trying to make the arguement over his shooting ability moot by comparing him to defensive minded point guards who couldn't shoot.

You can teach a jump shot in college too. I think the main thing in the NBA is that its a lot easier to create your own shot. People are able to get into the lane a lot easier than in college, and its mainly one on one. If you have talent like these guys do, they will find it easier to score and shoot in the NBA IMO. The same will go for John Wall too, as great as he was in college, he will have an even easier time scoring in the NBA IMO.

 

I don't know if it's easier in the NBA, I just think the guys that can do it are more proficient at it. LeBron vs. an NBA defense or a college defense? Dude would average 60 points if he was allowed to play in college right now. Almost everyone in the NBA was a relative star in college or HS and not everyone can drive the lane and score, actually most cannot.

Sorry Clyde, but I'll take the word of quite a few NBA scouts and GMs over yours any day.

 

I think he'd be best served to come back, but if he's a top 20 pick, like he appears to be, he has to go.

 

While it would be the safe move let me remind you that some professional picked Ryan Leaf #2 overall.

You all are acting like Bledsoe is a Wayne Turner or Rajon Rondo when it comes to shooting. I mean he's not fantastic, but I'd say he's better than average with the jumper.

 

He shot 46% from 2 this year. Think about how many layups he made and then realize how poor his actual outside shooting had to be to shoot 46% overall from 2.

He shot 46% from 2 this year. Think about how many layups he made and then realize how poor his actual outside shooting had to be to shoot 46% overall from 2.

 

I'm not sure I follow...

 

He shot 46% overall and shot 38% from 3... That looks pretty decent to me, honestly.

I'm not sure I follow...

 

He shot 46% overall and shot 38% from 3... That looks pretty decent to me, honestly.

 

38% from 3 is solid. What does that tell us about shooting 3s in the NBA where the line is back another 3 feet? You think he shoots 38% at that distance?

 

46% from 2 is not that great when consider how many of makes were at the rim. That tells us that his outside J was not that strong. Simple math.

 

66% FT shooting as well doesn't bode well.

38% from 3 is solid. What does that tell us about shooting 3s in the NBA where the line is back another 3 feet? You think he shoots 38% at that distance?

 

46% from 2 is not that great when consider how many of makes were at the rim. That tells us that his outside J was not that strong. Simple math.

 

66% FT shooting as well doesn't bode well.

 

 

Bledsoe hit some deep 3's this year. I don't think the NBA 3-point line will affect him too much, although it is reasonable to expect a slight decline in his %.

38% from 3 is solid. What does that tell us about shooting 3s in the NBA where the line is back another 3 feet? You think he shoots 38% at that distance?

 

46% from 2 is not that great when consider how many of makes were at the rim. That tells us that his outside J was not that strong. Simple math.

 

66% FT shooting as well doesn't bode well.

 

Actually he shot 52% from 2... He shot 46 from the field in general -- Which includes his three pointers.

 

John Wall, by comparison, shot 32% from three, 51% from 2, and 46% overall...

Actually he shot 52% from 2... He shot 46 from the field in general -- Which includes his three pointers.

 

John Wall, by comparison, shot 32% from three, 51% from 2, and 46% overall...

 

Oops. Misread the stat sheet.

 

I still contend that if we saw a make/miss chart a great majority of his 2s are at the rim meaning his 10 to 19 foot shot is not that strong.

 

We'll see. If he's guaranteed then go for it. I wouldn't draft him. He's without a position.

Someone reported that Wall said a)he hasn't decided and b)he, Cousins, and Bledsoe are all going to make the same decision.

Someone reported that Wall said a)he hasn't decided and b)he, Cousins, and Bledsoe are all going to make the same decision.

 

Hmmmm I wonder....

 

One thing that would be cool is if they decided they loved UK and wanted to be different than main stream. However Cousins is the only one I could see feeling that way to be honest, followed by Wall and then lastly Bledsoe.

I disagree. Miller was a man amongst boys in the first couple games of the tournament, albeit not the best competition. Calipari said it himself, Miller is perfect in this system and will shine given time.

 

I don't think a Poole coming in will bother Darius's playing time at all.

 

The better boys you play with , the better they make you look.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.