The R word: Who is accusing who? Surprise!!

All Play No Work

The Courier-Journal also used Kentucky's Open Records Act to examine recruiting complaints investigated by the KHSAA from 1999-2004.

In the complaints, 23 public schools were accused -- some more than once -- of recruiting violations. Eight private schools were similarly accused.

The breakdown of accusations:

Public school vs. public, 21.

Public school vs. private, five.

Individual vs. public, one.

Individual vs. private, two.

Anonymous complaints: four vs. public schools, one vs. privates.

The newspaper could find no instance of any private school accusing any other school of recruiting during the five-year period.

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051016/SPORTS/510160510/1002

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Courier-Journal also used Kentucky's Open Records Act to examine recruiting complaints investigated by the KHSAA from 1999-2004.

In the complaints, 23 public schools were accused -- some more than once -- of recruiting violations. Eight private schools were similarly accused.

The breakdown of accusations:

Public school vs. public, 21.

Public school vs. private, five.

Individual vs. public, one.

Individual vs. private, two.

Anonymous complaints: four vs. public schools, one vs. privates.

The newspaper could find no instance of any private school accusing any other school of recruiting during the five-year period.

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051016/SPORTS/510160510/1002

How many of those public school accusations came from NKY?

LOL Louisville public school principal admits to recuriting in the paper, if there is no punishment and the attack on privates continue this whole issue has become laughable.

LOL Louisville private school AD admits to recruiting in the paper, if there is no punishment and the attack on Manual contuinues this whole issue has become laughable.

Read the article, BS. The entire POINT was that there's recruiting and there's RECRUITING...

Personally, I'll think the entire "R" word will have more merit when schools are complaining about losing Merit Sholars and Governor's Scholars. I mean, that is what educational institutions are about, right?

I normally don't respond to any of the "R" word comments, but Rockmom, I agree with you 1000%!!!!!! (And, yes, I am a public school grad.)

RM that has happened here at least.

In another thread when ever anyone points out that Manual attracts (not the "R" word) the best and the brightest to the detrement of other schools in the county the Manual supporters are out in droves explaining to we the uneducated masses how a place like Manual HAS to exist in order for those students to achieve at their highest level. They want what they consider a level playing field only where they see themselves at a disadvantage.

In fact I would bet there will be post from Manual people here in the next hour explainig to me how stupid I am for even suggestiong that Manual may be hurting other schools in the JCPS.

In another thread when ever anyone points out that Manual attracts (not the "R" word) the best and the brightest to the detrement of other schools in the county the Manual supporters are out in droves explaining to we the uneducated masses how a place like Manual HAS to exist in order for those students to achieve at their highest level. They want what they consider a level playing field only where they see themselves at a disadvantage.

We don't even want the level playing field, even where we are at the disadvantge. Point out a single post where we support the measures against the Catholic schools (aside from compromises so that this issue will go away.) You can't. We've defended some other people's opinions, but we'd ALL rather whip you on the field, advantages and all.

So get your facts straight or back off.

I was extremely happy to notice on Trinity's website that we had 16 Merit Scholars this year! I wonder how those guys slipped through the Public School cracks? :lol: Where's the outrage? :D

I was extremely happy to notice on Trinity's website that we had 16 Merit Scholars this year! I wonder how those guys slipped through the Public School cracks? :lol: Where's the outrage? :D

You can keep 16... I had about that many in homeroom my Senior year... ;)

You can keep 16... I had about that many in homeroom my Senior year... ;)

You should have...your school is PACKED with the best and the brightest in Jefferson County! :p

We don't make it a policy to have a certain academic acuity to attend Trinity. :D

You should have...your school is PACKED with the best and the brightest in Jefferson County! :p

We don't make it a policy to have a certain academic acuity to attend Trinity. :D

We don't either... we let those band and art kids in... :lol: