Christian Academy of Louisville 68 Manual 67 (OT)

7th Region Tourney CAL led by Antonita Slaughter with 25 points and eight rebounds. Allison Karst added 21 points. China Dow and Casey Marshall chipped in with 11 points each. Mechael Guess led Manual with 21 points and 11 rebounds. LeAsia Wright added 11 points.

Kentucky should join other states in the real world. It's a shame that this type of game doesn't take place in a championship game or at least a final four.

I am led to believe the Sweet Sixteen format is a sacred cow. It is thought to be the best in the country by those who make the rules.

Kentucky should join other states in the real world. It's a shame that this type of game doesn't take place in a championship game or at least a final four.

Its a one-and-done tourney. Why does it matter when you play another team?

It's not a one and done tourney

CAL lost in the District Tourney.

The rules allow for them to play on and they are.

The Sweet Sixteen is not going to change in our lifetime.

Let me clarify.

Its a one-and-done now that we're in the region so why does it matter which round its played?

Ryle/NC , 2 of the 3 teams with a legit chance to win the 9th, played in the opening round last night. It didn't take away from the game's importance or excitement.

As they say down on the farm: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" Well, the Sweet-16 ain't broke!

If anyone out there is foolish enough to believe that messing with our current KHSAA Sweet-16 format is a good idea, please check with intelligent b-ball observers over in Indiana and see how their misguided destruction of the formerly great IHSAA state tourney format has gone. Please, please, please, let's not go down that road - give up the whining!

:ohbrother:

State's #2 team falls to the #4 team in the first round. Wow.

1st round of what? The Districts or the Region? If its the District how can they be moving on. What rules allow them to do this. I thought that only the District Championship gam winner and runnerup moved on. Somebody bring me up to speed pls. :thumb: 20n10

1st round of what? The Districts or the Region? If its the District how can they be moving on. What rules allow them to do this. I thought that only the District Championship gam winner and runnerup moved on. Somebody bring me up to speed pls. :thumb: 20n10

First round of Region 7. CAL lost to Jeffersontown in the District 28 finals, moved on to Region as a runner-up, drew 25th District champion Manual and beat them.