Elisha Justice vs. Josh Sewell for Mr. Basketball

Imo the leading candidate should be Ricardo Johnson of Holmes. He has led the Bulldogs to 2 straight 9th Region titles and 2 straight State Final games winning the MVP in last yrs victory. If he can lead the Bulldogs once again to the Sweet 16 and get to the final four it should be his.

I really like how Josh Sewell has come on this season and excelled in big tourneys against bigtime competition though. If he can take his team into the Sweet 16 and possibly win a state title then it probably goes to him.

All are fantastic players.

What are his statistics for the year?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a shame Justice is considered in better position by simply seeing another player losing in a regional against far far tougher competition.

Let me go on record now, if Sewell does not win the award then it is a travesty and a mockery to our state. Trinity won and won against the best when in fact Trinity did not have the elite supporting cast you'll many times find at Ballard, Scott County, Lex Cath, Eastern, and a few other top programs.

Mr. Sewell, you had a remarkable senior year. Hopefully the politics that be will see that.

Its a shame Justice is considered in better position by simply seeing another player losing in a regional against far far tougher competition.

Let me go on record now, if Sewell does not win the award then it is a travesty and a mockery to our state. Trinity won and won against the best when in fact Trinity did not have the elite supporting cast you'll many times find at Ballard, Scott County, Lex Cath, Eastern, and a few other top programs.

Mr. Sewell, you had a remarkable senior year. Hopefully the politics that be will see that.

I still say Mr. Basketball winners need to atleast win one post season championship (district, region, or state) in their career. Sewell unfortunately has not won any. This hurts his chances as well as being from a large, private school. I think Rico and Elisha are now the front runners unless one of them don't get out of their regions. Just my opinion for what it is worth.

I want to start by saying Sewell is a great player and by all accounts a fine young man. I have been around him a little and have been impressed by how he handles himself. Any accolades he gets he deserves. I really feel for him tonight, like a ton of other kids in Ky they have played their last HS game. For me that was very hard to handle when I played my last game.

Now that being said I completely disagree with your post. The award is based on the entire season, including the post season. I think Sewell still has a good shot at it, but there is no way the decision on who to vote for should be made yet. That would be a travesty and mockery of the situation.

I still say Mr. Basketball winners need to atleast win one post season championship (district, region, or state) in their career. Sewell unfortunately has not won any. This hurts his chances as well as being from a large, private school. I think Rico and Elisha are now the front runners unless one of them don't get out of their regions. Just my opinion for what it is worth.

You wouldn't be saying that if Shelby Valley played in Trinity's district.

No matter how you slice it, Sewell had a remarkable year which is deserving of Mr. Basketball against the future walk-on Justice.

Not everyone gets to open up regionals with 6-21 Prestonsburg...

Don't forget Sewell and Justice have full rides on the same level of D1. Justice just chose to go bigger and go to the Big East.

Justice is a walkon. He is in fact walking on to the team. Tim Henderson, who is a 2nd team 7th region player is probably walking on there too. What does that tell you?

Justice is a walkon. He is in fact walking on to the team. Tim Henderson, who is a 2nd team 7th region player is probably walking on there too. What does that tell you?

Let me say again, Sewell and Justice both have D1 FULL RIDE SCHOLARSHIP offers from a lot of midmajor D1 schools. Justice, unlike Sewell, chose to pass these offers up to walk on and be a part of a Big East team. I hope you can understand this.

Don't forget Sewell and Justice have full rides on the same level of D1. Justice just chose to go bigger and go to the Big East.

Justice is a walk-on. He does not have an athletic scholarship. There is a HUGE difference between a walk on and a full athletic scholarship.

I also disagree about your comments on winning at least one post season championship. That absolutely makes no sense at all! How can you compare Shelby Valley winning a district tournament with the only two other teams in the district are East Ridge and Pikeville. Also winning the 15th Region, you could take the number 10 team in the seventh region and win the 15th hands down.

I think that Justice is a strong candidate and should be in the running just like Sewell but your reasoning for Justice being a stronger candidate than Sewell is absolutely ignorant.

Agree but the politics are a joke so despite having a great season, it will go to the kid playing against JV (no , let's make that freshman) level competition for the majority of the season.

Justice is a walk-on. He does not have an athletic scholarship. There is a HUGE difference between a walk on and a full athletic scholarship.

Let me say again, Sewell and Justice both have D1 FULL RIDE SCHOLARSHIP offers from a lot of midmajor D1 schools. Justice, unlike Sewell, chose to pass these offers up to walk on and be a part of a Big East team. I hope you can understand this.

A couple of you are making me think this is in Spanish or something???