Top teams in 8th and 9th regions?

aptr

Don't forget, NKY also has clung to slow pitch for years and only recently has the program been dropped at schools like Simon Kenton and Dixie. When the state dropped sponsorship at KHSAA schools from the north still want teams to field. We are way behind!

There are soooooooooo many select (at least they think they are) in basketball, volleyball and soccer that kids simply cannot follow the 2 sport process this time of year.

High School basketball ended tonight for Simon Kenton and the fast-Pitch team has been working out for 3 weeks. I am forcing my daughter to take two weeks off to work her arm into shape and get some private hitting lessons in before she goes out in the cold. Their first game is 3/25.

You are so correct on NKY being so far behind. I went and watched a girl take pitching lessons and this man was just taking their money. He taught it so wrong. He never has them open their hips and says every pitch is thrown by the forearm which is wrong. You throw your pitches by your wrist. He keeps the pitcher squared up to home plate. Every pitcher I have ever watched at the Div 1 level throws by opening their hips (turn sideways) like this: http://www.pitchsoftball.com/. It frustrates me when people teach the game.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think they won't....Conner may go deep in their pitching staff and even it up a little.

The final score wasnt close but it was close early. Maybe 3-2 Connor after the 4th. Then both team started to sub. Neither team played great defense, Connor had a couple of bombs and Holy Cross scatched for a couple runs.

Connor has 2 very good pitchers who throw pretty hard and have decent control. They are very talented offensively and on the mound the one thing that might be there weakness is overall defense and they are not real athletic. I was impressed with there catcher she seemed to be a good player.

Holy Cross is going to have to play there best to be able to compete with teams like Connor. They are very athletic and have a very good infield defense. There pitching is ok and they will hit enough to keep them in games. They put a lot of balls in play today against 2 very good pitchers.

The final score wasnt close but it was close early. Maybe 3-2 Connor after the 4th. Then both team started to sub. Neither team played great defense, Connor had a couple of bombs and Holy Cross scatched for a couple runs.

Connor has 2 very good pitchers who throw pretty hard and have decent control. They are very talented offensively and on the mound the one thing that might be there weakness is overall defense and they are not real athletic. I was impressed with there catcher she seemed to be a good player.

Holy Cross is going to have to play there best to be able to compete with teams like Connor. They are very athletic and have a very good infield defense. There pitching is ok and they will hit enough to keep them in games. They put a lot of balls in play today against 2 very good pitchers.

Holy Cross has a pretty good group of players, they should have a good year.

I had mentioned earlier in this thread that Walton Verona would be contenders in the 8th Region. I have received news that their starting catcher who is also their 2nd best hitter has decided not to play this season. This could make them quite a bit less of a contender.

They did but they have more than enough to still be a contender!

Holy Cross defeated Beechwood on Monday. The big news was that Beechwood is playing home games on their turf football field. They had temporary fenses in the outfield and brought in fencing for a backstop and down the lines. It is not some where that I would want to play all the time but is was pretty cool to do once.

Holy Cross defeated Beechwood on Monday. The big news was that Beechwood is playing home games on their turf football field. They had temporary fenses in the outfield and brought in fencing for a backstop and down the lines. It is not some where that I would want to play all the time but is was pretty cool to do once.

I had wondered if the schools with turf football/soccer fields would play fastpitch games on these fields. Can you fit a full fastpitch field on a football field? If the answer is yes, then what would be the possible drawbacks to this? Obviously a plus would be less rainouts.

I had wondered if the schools with turf football/soccer fields would play fastpitch games on these fields. Can you fit a full fastpitch field on a football field? If the answer is yes, then what would be the possible drawbacks to this? Obviously a plus would be less rainouts.

I think you can fit a full field on the football field. It felt like a real game, the temp fences in the outfield helped a lot. I am willing to guess the HC and Beechwood game was the only game played Monday due to the cold and the rain.

Besides some people seeing it as an unfair home field advantge I am not sure what the draw backs would be. I would still prefer to play on dirt but it sure beats not playing. This was a district game for both teams and by being able to play they do not have to worry about trying to make up the game now.

• 3 weeks later...
Now that I have seen all the teams in the 9th Region....I would rank them:

1) Conner

2) St. Henry

3) Ryle

I can't see anyone else winning the region.

Looks about right to me. I would not be surprised to see anyone get upset though once the districts and regions begin.