Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

"Since 1990, 11 schools have won 49 out of the 60 state titles"...

Featured Replies

But this is a thread about football on the football board on a site dominated by, you guessed it, football.

In another thread, the sponsors were lamblasted for not giving all the stats and limiting their stats on state championships to the past 10 years. I would say if the supporters of the private schools want that standard than they need to hold themselves to the same standard.

 

I keep hearing just enforce the rules as is. What rules are not being enforced?

  • Replies 118
  • Views 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In another thread, the sponsors were lamblasted for not giving all the stats and limiting their stats on state championships to the past 10 years. I would say if the supporters of the private schools want that standard than they need to hold themselves to the same standard.

 

I keep hearing just enforce the rules as is. What rules are not being enforced?

I pointed out that you were in a football thread on a football board when you began preaching about its not just about football. Well on this board it is. I really don't know what your response means in relation to my post. :confused:

That's not what I meant but I can tell you this. It would be hard pressed to find a football team that works harder than Dale's. Maybe the Trinity, X, Boyle or Danville's of the world. That's a fact. I've been to many, many different schools and witnessed their "offseason" programs and they are nothing like Dale's. FWIW

 

Did last year's Highlands team work harder than this years Highlands team?

I'll bite, why?

Read it carefully sticky, look at whose quote it is, and notice any glaring omissions. :cool::D

 

He is the king of mental tactics, and I mean that as an absolute compliment. He doesn't miss a beat.

Hard work may separate the top teams from each other, but the top teams all have superior talent. You have to have the players.

That's not what I meant but I can tell you this. It would be hard pressed to find a football team that works harder than Dale's. Maybe the Trinity, X, Boyle or Danville's of the world. That's a fact. I've been to many, many different schools and witnessed their "offseason" programs and they are nothing like Dale's. FWIW

And a lot of athletes in smaller public rural schools are working hard too. On the farm, at jobs, earning money to pay for their school expenses, car because their parents cannot afford to provide one for them, etc, etc. Not saying this is true of every situation BUT private and public schools simply operate on 2 different levels. Like the Reds and the Yankees.

 

Would everyone agree that year in and year out that it will be very difficult for the Reds to compete against the Yankees and Red Sox? That is how the publics look at the situation. If the planets are aligned and they have just the right class and make all the decisions correctly they can compete. If not, they won't. As some have been crying for a salary cap to "level the playing field" in MLB, the publics are asking for something to be done to do the same in HS athletics.

 

For too long, the privates have taken the stance that they are doing nothing wrong and arrogantly said the publics are simply not working hard enough. Well now the majority is rising up against the minority and it is playing out. I personally don't think Prop 20 will pass. I think there will be 40-some public schools vote against it. I think it's failure will be a GOOD thing, if the privates realize that it is an issue and there are enough public schools upset with the situation that THEY need to contribute to a solution to the problem BESIDES simply telling the publics to work harder.

Read it carefully sticky, look at whose quote it is, and notice any glaring omissions. :cool::D

 

He is the king of mental tactics, and I mean that as an absolute compliment. He doesn't miss a beat.

 

That's why I asked. I thought that's what you were getting at.

Did last year's Highlands team work harder than this years Highlands team?

 

Not sure. Why does that matter?

Read it carefully sticky, look at whose quote it is, and notice any glaring omissions. :cool::D

 

He is the king of mental tactics, and I mean that as an absolute compliment. He doesn't miss a beat.

VERY GOOD catch. I am impressed.

And a lot of athletes in smaller public rural schools are working hard too. On the farm, at jobs, earning money to pay for their school expenses, car because their parents cannot afford to provide one for them, etc, etc. Not saying this is true of every situation BUT private and public schools simply operate on 2 different levels. Like the Reds and the Yankees.

 

Would everyone agree that year in and year out that it will be very difficult for the Reds to compete against the Yankees and Red Sox? That is how the publics look at the situation. If the planets are aligned and they have just the right class and make all the decisions correctly they can compete. If not, they won't. As some have been crying for a salary cap to "level the playing field" in MLB, the publics are asking for something to be done to do the same in HS athletics.

 

For too long, the privates have taken the stance that they are doing nothing wrong and arrogantly said the publics are simply not working hard enough. Well now the majority is rising up against the minority and it is playing out. I personally don't think Prop 20 will pass. I think there will be 40-some public schools vote against it. I think it's failure will be a GOOD thing, if the privates realize that it is an issue and there are enough public schools upset with the situation that THEY need to contribute to a solution to the problem BESIDES simply telling the publics to work harder.

 

Do you honestly think there will be a solution that appeases everyone?

Great article and credit has to be given to the players, coaches, school administration and fans, to those 11 schools for maintaining the excellence in football.

 

Here's a question, are these schools considered primarily Football schools and not necessarily a Basketball or Baseball school. I know several have had success and recent success, but are they looked at as primarily Football schools.

Do you honestly think there will be a solution that appeases everyone?

NO. There never is in any situation in any scenario a solution that will make everyone happy. Somebody will disagree. If they pass Prop 20, privates will be upset. If they don't probably close to 180 public schools that will vote for it will be upset when it fails.

 

Of course, someone on here will say give everyone a trophy/medal and think they are witty. :D

Did last year's Highlands team work harder than this years Highlands team?

 

 

 

As an outsider I thought I could speak openly on this question,and we still reside in Fort Thomas,just not born and raised. :D

 

No. This year team is not as senior dominated and that's the biggest difference. Regarding how hard they (the Birds) work. I have been around 4 DIFFERENT programs in NKY over the past 15 years and I have yet to see one that works as hard as Highlands not saying that their isn't, but none, absolutely none I have been around and that not blowing smoke or making any digs at any team. That a pure fact.

NO. There never is in any situation in any scenario a solution that will make everyone happy. Somebody will disagree. If they pass Prop 20, privates will be upset. If they don't probably close to 180 public schools that will vote for it will be upset when it fails.

 

Of course, someone on here will say give everyone a trophy/medal and think they are witty. :D

 

I was going to say that. :irked: PARTICIPATION MEDALS FOR EVERYONE! :p

No. This year team is not as senior dominated and that's the biggest difference. Regarding how hard they (the Birds) work. I have been around 4 DIFFERENT programs in NKY over the past 15 years and I have yet to see one that works as hard as Highlands not saying that their isn't, but none, absolutely none I have been around and that not blowing smoke or making any digs at any team. That a pure fact.

So you are saying that it is NOT only hard work that wins championships but also talent?

 

I believe that is what the publics are admitting. That the talent is consistently at the private schools and the VAST, VAST majority of public schools cannot compete with that, no matter how hard they work.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.