Georgetown 89 Duke 77

Hangman

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here, Purple. Duke desperately needs to find a point guard and stay with that person, one possession it's John Scheyer, the next it's Nolan Smith, I think even saw Dawkins bring the ball up, and Singler as well. This would be fine if this happened when either Smith or Scheyer were out, but sometimes they are -in some combination or another-on the floor together. Having a different person bring the ball up the floor and initiating the offense (almost) every time has to mess with a team's rhythm.

I like having Scheyer at the point myself. Nolan Smith has improved a lot this year also, but I like Scheyer at the point. He seems to be the best passer. Plus, Kyrie Irving takes over at the point next year and Seth Curry will likely be the two guard so the experience that Nolan and Andre are getting now should only help the future look even brighter and the bench a lot deeper.

I would take the guards for Nova, Kansas, Texas, K State, Ole Miss and UK long before the group at GTown...

That's you, I think Wright and Freeman play better together than any other combination in the country. Do I think they are the two best guards in the country? No, but I do think they make the best backcourt.

That's you, I think Wright and Freeman play better together than any other combination in the country. Do I think they are the two best guards in the country? No, but I do think they make the best backcourt.

How many times have you watched the Hoyas play???

I like having Scheyer at the point myself. Nolan Smith has improved a lot this year also, but I like Scheyer at the point. He seems to be the best passer. Plus, Kyrie Irving takes over at the point next year and Seth Curry will likely be the two guard so the experience that Nolan and Andre are getting now should only help the future look even brighter and the bench a lot deeper.

Singler will be back as well, won't he?

How many times have you watched the Hoyas play???

As much as I can-probably 7 or 8 times this season, and I've watched them for 5 years or so now, I like watching that style of basketball, and I have liked them since Hibbert's and Green's sophomore year.

As much as I can-probably 7 or 8 times this season, and I've watched them for 5 years or so now, I like watching that style of basketball, and I have liked them since Hibbert's and Green's sophomore year.

There's no doubt Freeman and Wright are good, and fit very well in the Princeton system, but they have too many mental mistakes and lapses of long dry spells that leave them below the teams I mentioned for my taste. Freeman has really turned on the scoring output this year, but in that system his asst/to ratio should be a lot better than slightly above 1/1. I do enjoy watching them play, but they show too many flaws to be considered the best in the country IMO...

I think he should be and I hope does come back, but if he left, it wouldn't surprise me.

I think Duke is a top 2, top 3 team in the country next year without him. With him, I think they will be the best team in the country.

He'd be stupid not to come back. Personally, I can't make my mind up if we would be better with or without him. And yes, I know that sounds ridiculous to say but I'm talking about athletically. I see him going back to the 4 position a lot next year if he does indeed come back to open up the 3 spot for Seth or Dre and the rotate the two plumlees at the Center position and occasionally having them both in there.

I think he should be and I hope does come back, but if he left, it wouldn't surprise me.

I think Duke is a top 2, top 3 team in the country next year without him. With him, I think they will be the best team in the country.

Wait so they would lose Singler and Scheyer and still be a top 2-3 team? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wait so they would lose Singler and Scheyer and still be a top 2-3 team? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

With the addition of Kyrie Irving, Seth Curry, Joshua Hairston, the return of Nolan Smith, Andre Dawkins, the Plumlee brothers, hopefully the emergence of Ryan Kelly and Coach K pulling the strings, yes, I believe they could be a top 2-3 team in the nation without Singler. It'll be the most athletic Duke team in quite some time. Whether or not I am looking at this with Blue and White deviled tinted sunglasses remains to be seen, but for now, yes, that is my belief.

There's no doubt Freeman and Wright are good, and fit very well in the Princeton system, but they have too many mental mistakes and lapses of long dry spells that leave them below the teams I mentioned for my taste. Freeman has really turned on the scoring output this year, but in that system his asst/to ratio should be a lot better than slightly above 1/1. I do enjoy watching them play, but they show too many flaws to be considered the best in the country IMO...

Neither seem to be "true" point guards, which might attest to why their assist/turnover ratio is low, but I think in a way this helps them, both are very capable scorers and both have proven they are capable of taking over a game. I think they fit what the Princeton offense wants to accomplish pretty well, they aren't in the mold of Jonathan Wallace-who would be the ideal point guard in the Princeton Offense IMO, but can move very well without the ball. They may be even more effective if either had the passing ability and court vision that Wallace did, but a lot of that is compensated for when Greg Monroe's passing abilities are taken into account-a must in the Princeton offense. Neither is a top ten guard based on talent I'll admit, but they are a big reason why Georgetown could get back to the Final Four this year IMO. Also, I looked at the stats, and to further my assertion that they are capable of taking over a game offensively, I found that Wright has scored over 20 5 times this year-one was a 34 point game, also Wright has only not scored in double figures 5 times. Also, Freeman has went over 20 5 times-including a 33 point game, and he's only not scored in double figures twice this season.