Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Georgetown 89 Duke 77

Featured Replies

Neither seem to be "true" point guards, which might attest to why their assist/turnover ratio is low, but I think in a way this helps them, both are very capable scorers and both have proven they are capable of taking over a game. I think they fit what the Princeton offense wants to accomplish pretty well, they aren't in the mold of Jonathan Wallace-who would be the ideal point guard in the Princeton Offense IMO, but can move very well without the ball. They may be even more effective if either had the passing ability and court vision that Wallace did, but a lot of that is compensated for when Greg Monroe's passing abilities are taken into account-a must in the Princeton offense. Neither is a top ten guard based on talent I'll admit, but they are a big reason why Georgetown could get back to the Final Four this year IMO. Also, I looked at the stats, and to further my assertion that they are capable of taking over a game offensively, I found that Wright has scored over 20 5 times this year-one was a 34 point game, also Wright has only not scored in double figures 5 times. Also, Freeman has went over 20 5 times-including a 33 point game, and he's only not scored in double figures twice this season.

Wright was in single digits in all 3 of the Gtown conference loses. It goes back to the inconsistency to produce that I talked about. They are the two biggest scoring threats, so of course they will have big games, but guard/wing oriented squads in Nova, Marquette and Cuse locked Wright down and rode it to victory. Freeman has been excellent putting the ball in the basket in a variety of ways this season, no doubt about that. To lay claim to "best backcourt in the land", I simply think they fall short as a duo on several fronts. That doesn't take away from the fact they are very good. Give me Reynolds, Fisher and Wayns by a large margin...

  • Replies 48
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wright was in single digits in all 3 of the Gtown conference loses. It goes back to the inconsistency to produce that I talked about. They are the two biggest scoring threats, so of course they will have big games, but guard/wing oriented squads in Nova, Marquette and Cuse locked Wright down and rode it to victory. Freeman has been excellent putting the ball in the basket in a variety of ways this season, no doubt about that. To lay claim to "best backcourt in the land", I simply think they fall short as a duo on several fronts. That doesn't take away from the fact they are very good. Give me Reynolds, Fisher and Wayns by a large margin...

 

Then we can agree to disagree. :cool:

Then we can agree to disagree. :cool:

Wouldn't be the first time... :lol:

I do think Duke can be scary good next season, and I also think that 'Nova or Kansas has the best back court in the land.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.