Owensboro Catholic 57 Lexington Christian Academy 55

Becca Greenwell found a teammate open under the basket for a layup in the closing second for the victory. Greenwell had 26 points and 14 rebounds. Mary Kate Clemens and Kaley Robertson added 13 and 11 respectively. Sarah Beth Barnette led LCA with 30 points, 15 rebounds, and four blocked shots.

Becca Greenwell found a teammate open under the basket for a layup in the closing second for the victory. Greenwell had 26 points and 14 rebounds. Mary Kate Clemens and Kaley Robertson added 13 and 11 respectively. Sarah Beth Barnette led LCA with 30 points, 15 rebounds, and four blocked shots.

Thanks for the great info!

This game was unreal,maybe one of the greatest finishes in the history of this tournament. The coaching decision to call the time out with 7.4 seconds left was a very interesting one, but it worked out.

Can you explain more for those not there? I'm definitely intrigued!

With about a minute left LCA was holding the ball then Barnette(sp) had a layup that was blocked. Greenwell proceeded to go down to the other end and make a 3 to make it a 1 point game. After a basket by LCA, Greenwell then made another deep 3 from about 5 feet behind the line to tie the game with 7.4 left. Owensboro catholic then called a time out which was very questionable because LCA had none left. But O-Cath got a steal at mid- court on the inbound and then hit a player (i think 34) underneath for a layup as time expired.

http://www.wazoosports.com/womens/hsbasketball.html

You can watch a replay of the game at the above link. Even if you are not a fan of either team, I would suggest at least forwarding the video to the final two minutes of the game. Fantastic finish.

It sure was a game I was happy that I got to see. I've enjoyed all the games this week. EKU and ALL A has done a fantastic job.