Tyler Smith to be dismissed today

Smith is getting exactly what he deserves. Life comes down to three things: Choices, Decisions, Consequences. For the life of me, I cannot and will never understand the gun toting mentality of these thugs. I have never owned a gun, needed to use a gun, or even thought about a gun. If you feel the need to carry a gun, then you've got serious issues, and it's obvious you are running in the wrong circles. Normal law abiding citizens do NOT need to carry guns, period. I wish they would get tougher on these thugs.

You've obviously never been robbed.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, but I don't view them as different. You can't have it both ways and treat them like a hardened adult when they do something bad/stupid, but with kid gloves when something bad happens to them. As one of the most high-profile college athletes in the United States the past few years, McCoy has been interviewed probably thousands of times, under every possible circumstance, perhaps as far back as his freshman year in high school. Stop making him out to be some beat-down, helpless victim here; he knows the score and has been playing the media game for a long time. It's part of the package when you choose to play sports at the highest levels. If he was that concerned about getting his feelings hurt by a reporter, he shouldn't play.

A championship game of any kind is a big moment, with lots of emotions attached. As the face of the team, McCoy almost certainly had to expect to be interviewed, and I'm sure he probably knew well in advance it wasn't going to be the most comfortable line of questioning he's been subjected to. I mean, how many camera shots of him going into the locker room and coming out did we see during the game? Do you think he was somehow unaware of the cameras tracking him?

And yes, it being a big game, fans want to know his reaction to it. Some might think he should be treated like a child, like you, but at the end of the day the interview was done because the audience as a whole wants to know. And as far as the timing of it goes, immediately after the game is the absolute critical time, because that's when you get your most honest answer. The fact that "all of us knew he was unhappy about it" is not the point; the reporter has to get it in his words, not assume what he might say or feel.

The reporter did her job, under a difficult circumstance, and McCoy handled it coolly, calmly and professionally like the experienced veteran he is. And besides, what's wrong with it if he does break down a little bit? It shows just how much the player cares. I like how it would be a bad thing for McCoy to possibly have shed a few tears, but Joker Phillips and Charlie Strong were hailed widely for their emotional moments at press conferences. Do you have the same criticisms for the reporters who prompted those moments from the two coaches?

Like I said, you can't have it both ways.

:thumb: Exactly. What else was she going to say/ask? "Colt, you did a fantastic job cheering your team on that late run."

So which is it? Also to make the blanket statement that if you feel the need to carry a gun you have serious issues is just plain ignorant of the facts. Grave yards are full of people who didn't feel a need to carry a gun.

I don't believe that I am ignorant of the facts at all. I just think people that feel the need to carry a weapon have some real paranoia issues. I think you are using exaggeration to make your point. Grave yards have people in them that were the victim of crime, but I would argue the point that they are "full" of these types. The majority of people in grave yards died because they got old and passed away.

You've obviously never been robbed.

You are right, I have never been robbed. Thank goodness, from a statistical standpoint, I am in the majority.

I don't believe that I am ignorant of the facts at all. I just think people that feel the need to carry a weapon have some real paranoia issues. I think you are using exaggeration to make your point. Grave yards have people in them that were the victim of crime, but I would argue the point that they are "full" of these types. The majority of people in grave yards died because they got old and passed away.

You are right, I have never been robbed. Thank goodness, from a statistical standpoint, I am in the majority.

Those statistics are misleading, depending on where u live.

So which is it? Also to make the blanket statement that if you feel the need to carry a gun you have serious issues is just plain ignorant of the facts. Grave yards are full of people who didn't feel a need to carry a gun.

I'm with you woodsrider.:thumb: But I don't think it's worth it with this dude. If you know what I mean. :jump::jump::jump:

Smith is getting exactly what he deserves. Life comes down to three things: Choices, Decisions, Consequences. For the life of me, I cannot and will never understand the gun toting mentality of these thugs. I have never owned a gun, needed to use a gun, or even thought about a gun. If you feel the need to carry a gun, then you've got serious issues, and it's obvious you are running in the wrong circles. Normal law abiding citizens do NOT need to carry guns, period. I wish they would get tougher on these thugs.

If I'm on a trip, and my car breaks down in the middle of nowhere I feel much better knowing I have something handy to protect my family. I feel much more secure having a weapon over asking some thugs to please leave us alone or I'm going to call the police. :rolleyes::ohbrother:

If I'm on a trip, and my car breaks down in the middle of nowhere I feel much better knowing I have something handy to protect my family. I feel much more secure having a weapon over asking some thugs to please leave us alone or I'm going to call the police. :rolleyes::ohbrother:

:thumb: