Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tyler Smith to be dismissed today

Featured Replies

  • Replies 36
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate to see that, but you reap what you sow. The young man seems to be sorry for his actions, and I hope he is able to get his life back in order. I wonder how much the passing of his father last year effected the decisions he seemed to be making in life.

  • Author
I hate to see that, but you reap what you sow. The young man seems to be sorry for his actions, and I hope he is able to get his life back in order. I wonder how much the passing of his father last year effected the decisions he seemed to be making in life.

 

I'm sure it did, but it isn't an excuse for actions like this. I know you aren't saying it is and I guess i'm stating the obvious, but these MEN that play college athletics must understand their actions have serious responisbilities. It is a total shame and I hope he amounts to something in the future. He had a lot going for him and now has an uphill battle for sure. As my father always told me, it is more about how you REACT than ACT. We all face tough situations daily and the successful people deal with it. I wish him luck.

I'm sure he'll be playing somewhere for pay relatively soon....He is/was a very talented player.

  • Author
I'm sure he'll be playing somewhere for pay relatively soon....He is/was a very talented player.

 

I don't think it will be in the NBA though. With the Arenas - Crittenden thing and now this???

It makes me angry and sad to see such talent gone to waste.

I'm sure it did, but it isn't an excuse for actions like this. I know you aren't saying it is and I guess i'm stating the obvious, but these MEN that play college athletics must understand their actions have serious responisbilities. It is a total shame and I hope he amounts to something in the future. He had a lot going for him and now has an uphill battle for sure. As my father always told me, it is more about how you REACT than ACT. We all face tough situations daily and the successful people deal with it. I wish him luck.

 

You should go give them some help over on the Texas-Bama thread. They seem to think college athletes are fragile little pre-adolescents.

There goes any chance of Tenn. advancing deep in March

Smith is getting exactly what he deserves. Life comes down to three things: Choices, Decisions, Consequences. For the life of me, I cannot and will never understand the gun toting mentality of these thugs. I have never owned a gun, needed to use a gun, or even thought about a gun. If you feel the need to carry a gun, then you've got serious issues, and it's obvious you are running in the wrong circles. Normal law abiding citizens do NOT need to carry guns, period. I wish they would get tougher on these thugs.

Smith is getting exactly what he deserves. Life comes down to three things: Choices, Decisions, Consequences. For the life of me, I cannot and will never understand the gun toting mentality of these thugs. I have never owned a gun, needed to use a gun, or even thought about a gun. If you feel the need to carry a gun, then you've got serious issues, and it's obvious you are running in the wrong circles. Normal law abiding citizens do NOT need to carry guns, period. I wish they would get tougher on these thugs.

 

Smith got what he deserved but the rest of your post about guns makes no sense whatsoever. :isurrender:

Hats off to Tennessee for doing the right thing despite the talent of the player and the fact that the team will likely suffer in the wins/losses area as a result.

 

I know as a Kentucky fan I'm supposed to "hate" Tennessee and typically I do... But I hope the remaining players on the team can put this behind them and succeed.

Smith got what he deserved but the rest of your post about guns makes no sense whatsoever. :isurrender:

 

:thumb:

You should go give them some help over on the Texas-Bama thread. They seem to think college athletes are fragile little pre-adolescents.

 

I still think they are kids. However, they still must be accountable for their actions.

 

I hate that, but he brought it upon himself. Hope he learns his lesson from this and doesn't repeat this behavior in the future.

This is a brave move by Bruce Pearl. Out of the four, Smith seemed like the last person who would have been removed.

 

I do think this is good for Tennessee though. As much as I dislike their program, from an outsiders perspective, he seemed like a bad influence on that team. Chism (as much as the headban annoys me) seems to be a good kid at heart and Hopson seems fair as well.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.