Shelby Valley 82 Miller Grove, GA 75

Elisha Justice put up 33 points (27 in the 2nd half) to lead SV over the defending 5A state champion from Georgia. Very nice win for the SV program.

Also, Rick Pitino and Walter McCarty were in attendance to watch the game.

When and what time was this game played?

No wonder Louisville lost today. Missing Pitino and McCarty would hurt.

Interesting to see coaches following a walkon. UL won't be hurting for a point for the next four year. Smith at South Kent is the real deal.

The Indy team was the night cap. Justice is crazy to walk on anywhere. This kid isnt your typically Eastern Kentucky case. He can ball and seems to have the quickness to play at a high level. I would be thrilled for him to back out of the UL deal and pursue a scholarship at another big time school.

The game started with Justice penetrating and dishing. Miller Grove tried to go to a zone trap to force the ball out of his hands and it didnt work. Then the they tried to press and deny him from getting the ball. Miller Grove was much bigger and IMO could have pounded it inside and probably won but they stuck with the press and Justice torched them. These were long, quick athletes and Justice dribbled through their press with ease. In the second half the Lousville coaches would just look at each other and laugh and shake their heads at some of the stuff he was doing with the ball. He capped that off with five straight 3's. The Miller Grove coach must have tried to defend him with at least 5 guys and Justice broke them all down on the dribble. I love his game and I dont deny that but last night may have been the best game I've personally saw him play.

Honestly, not a surprise. Shelby Valley is a quality team playing in their backyard and Miller Grove, frankly, comes from a state which lacks quality coaching on a widespread basis. I've seen a lot of Georgia and Florida schools with all kinds of talent and athletes lose to Kentucky teams with less talent and more fundamentals, game skills and coaching.

For what it's worth, Miller Grove is now 2-3 after losing three of their top five scorers from last year, according to MaxPreps.

I've scouted all three kids and Parker is clearly the best of the bunch. Once he trims off the baby fat he is going to be a load to handle and a high, high major recruit...

I've scouted all three kids and Parker is clearly the best of the bunch. Once he trims off the baby fat he is going to be a load to handle and a high, high major recruit...

Parker had a nice game... I think he put up around 20 points. He has a very broad and strong upper body. The other two appeared to be more lean physically.