Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

John Wall

Featured Replies

  • Replies 123
  • Views 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bingo.

 

Kemba Walker is a BIG TIME PG and Wall made him an afterthought down the stretch.

 

Guys I have sold HARD on here? Durant. Paul. Harden. Arthur. It's a list I could add to for days.

 

I'm taking Wall. Sorry Crush... :lol:

 

Though I didnt have much reason to question you before, except your enyoyment of us laying in misery, I cant picture me questioning you again.

Color me impressed. I agree with the above statement about Kemba Walker being an afterthought AFTER the game. Midway through the 2nd Half, Walker was playing some big time ball, had a swagger and then Wall just took over. Amazing player.

The one thing Wall needs to work on IMO, is he needs to be able to finish with his left hand. I haven't watched every UK game this year, but those that I have, when he goes to the left side of the basket, he still puts it up with his right hand. He needs to protect the ball, and use his left as he's putting that ball right back in the defenders face. Other than that, the kid is an absolute stud.

The one thing Wall needs to work on IMO, is he needs to be able to finish with his left hand. I haven't watched every UK game this year, but those that I have, when he goes to the left side of the basket, he still puts it up with his right hand. He needs to protect the ball, and use his left as he's putting that ball right back in the defenders face. Other than that, the kid is an absolute stud.

 

 

I've seen him finish numerous times with his left. His play last night early in the game, I believe before his first dunk, he went almost coast to coast drove left and finished easily left handed.

If he continues hitting the 15 footer off the dribble he's unstoppable. What he did after Patterson became a 10 minute decoy was fantastic. Patterson could barely run so Wall scored 12 of the last 15. He's pretty good.

I've seen him finish numerous times with his left. His play last night early in the game, I believe before his first dunk, he went almost coast to coast drove left and finished easily left handed.

 

I agree. I know they're highlights from high school but he dunks better w/ the left hand than he does the right.

Best Play that I saw by Wall last night: stole the ball, checked for Dyson and almost waited hoping to draw him into a 4th foul. It worked.

 

 

Worst Play: Dribbling nonchalant across the time line and laser focused on defender in front of him and the trail Huskie easily picks the ball from him. Freshman mistake.

 

 

It's early December and that's the worst we can think of Wall? It's going to be a good year.

He's must see TV, even for a Card fan like myself. I love basketball to much to miss watching him play. He's the fastest player with the ball I've ever seen. Kind of a hybrid between Devin Harris and Jason Kidd IMO. He needs to work on his defense and turnovers, and I think he'll easily do that.

This is the ultimate compliment and something I agree with. When he is playing, you have to watch.

 

The only knock to his game is that he is a Freshman.... with that comes some standing around during offensive and defensive sets and carelessness with the rock. He is able to compensate by being such a freak of a player. He turned the ball over 7 times last night; on the other hand he offset that by stealing the ball 6 (or 7?) times.

The one thing Wall needs to work on IMO, is he needs to be able to finish with his left hand. I haven't watched every UK game this year, but those that I have, when he goes to the left side of the basket, he still puts it up with his right hand. He needs to protect the ball, and use his left as he's putting that ball right back in the defenders face. Other than that, the kid is an absolute stud.

 

I don't really ever recall him getting blocked though and he usually finishes.

The one thing Wall needs to work on IMO, is he needs to be able to finish with his left hand. I haven't watched every UK game this year, but those that I have, when he goes to the left side of the basket, he still puts it up with his right hand. He needs to protect the ball, and use his left as he's putting that ball right back in the defenders face. Other than that, the kid is an absolute stud.

 

You are right nees and that was exactly the point I was going to bring up. Besides the turnovers, which will come with time and more maturity, I feel he need to work on finishing with his left.

 

He did make two really tough baskets with his right, but they woudln't have been as tough with his left. I noticed this last night as well. But that is what I would focus on if I was him. Either way, like you said, he's unreal.

You are right nees and that was exactly the point I was going to bring up. Besides the turnovers, which will come with time and more maturity, I feel he need to work on finishing with his left.

 

He did make two really tough baskets with his right, but they woudln't have been as tough with his left. I noticed this last night as well. But that is what I would focus on if I was him. Either way, like you said, he's unreal.

 

I think that he prefers driving left rather than going right. They ran the dribble drive to set him up in a clear out on the left side each time. I don't think this is his downfall at all.

 

His shot to me is a little slow, but when you are as explosive with ball as he is, defenders can't afford to get too close to him.:isurrender:

I only watched Bulls game's when MJ played.

I only watch Cavs game's when LJ plays.

I only watch golf when Tiger's playing.

I watch UK games, but I won't miss one when Wall's playing.

You are right nees and that was exactly the point I was going to bring up. Besides the turnovers, which will come with time and more maturity, I feel he need to work on finishing with his left.

 

He did make two really tough baskets with his right, but they woudln't have been as tough with his left. I noticed this last night as well. But that is what I would focus on if I was him. Either way, like you said, he's unreal.

 

I'm glad I wasn't just seeing things. :lol: A couple times he cut from the right elbow, across the paint, and twisted his body to use his right hand to put it in. He finished, but he made it a lot tougher than it should've been. By using his left, it would've been a lot easier, and the rim would've given him more protection.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.