Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

John Wall

Featured Replies

Wall has ZERO problem finishing with his left hand. Coming out of high school, I wasn't sure he was right handed! Don't you guys remember that rediculous reverse against YNC a couple days ago???

  • Replies 123
  • Views 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm glad I wasn't just seeing things. :lol: A couple times he cut from the right elbow, across the paint, and twisted his body to use his right hand to put it in. He finished, but he made it a lot tougher than it should've been. By using his left, it would've been a lot easier, and the rim would've given him more protection.

 

I completely agree, specificially on the breakaway when he reversed to the left side.

 

I know Wall can throw it down left handed, but I would still be he could use work on finishing with finese (sp?) with his left.

The one thing Wall needs to work on IMO, is he needs to be able to finish with his left hand. I haven't watched every UK game this year, but those that I have, when he goes to the left side of the basket, he still puts it up with his right hand. He needs to protect the ball, and use his left as he's putting that ball right back in the defenders face. Other than that, the kid is an absolute stud.
He does use his left hand,as a mater of fact if you have seen any of his high school highlights he has had many dunks with his left hand, So many in fact that at one time I thought he was left handed.

He's not very good... I think he could use a few more years in college to work on his game.

He does use his left hand,as a mater of fact if you have seen any of his high school highlights he has had many dunks with his left hand, So many in fact that at one time I thought he was left handed.

 

OK, I get the point that he can dunk with his left hand. However, you can't dunk it every time. I'm just saying that from the few games I've watched this year, I haven't seen him lay it in with his left. Each time, he's twisted his body to put it in with his right. That's been the only weakness to his game that I've seen.

OK, I get the point that he can dunk with his left hand. However, you can't dunk it every time. I'm just saying that from the few games I've watched this year, I haven't seen him lay it in with his left. Each time, he's twisted his body to put it in with his right. That's been the only weakness to his game that I've seen.

 

You mean you missed the game last night? The blazing coast to coast drive with the STRONG left finish? Or the UNC NASTY reverse??? He is better then fine with his left. I can't figure out why you think otherwise.

They just asked him on ESPN's "First Take" did he agree with his coach that their record should be 4-5. He said that it could be, and said they could have lost the Miami, Stanford, UNC, and UConn games, but they found a way to will themselves a win.

 

And it sounded like he was yawning when he said "Thank you" at the end of the interview.:D Must have just woke up.

Two things that I think separate Wall from many other talented players, especially at his age...

 

1. His maturity. He seems to have a great feel for the game...when to attack, when to pull up, etc.

 

2. His ability in the clutch. We've seen him step up down the stretch enough times to believe it isn't a fluke, whether it be to win a game, tie a game, or just multiple plays down the stretch to maintain a lead.

 

Those are things you can't teach, IMO. And great players have it.

 

The scary thing is that Wall will be even better in the NBA where the game is more suited to his talents.

He's not very good... I think he could use a few more years in college to work on his game.

 

:thumb:

 

I agree.

 

:lol:

 

To put it in the words of a high school principal I know (and this is a true statement)...

 

He's not ready for the NBA. He's not ready for the SEC!

 

And we wonder what's wrong with our education system?

You mean you missed the game last night? The blazing coast to coast drive with the STRONG left finish? Or the UNC NASTY reverse??? He is better then fine with his left. I can't figure out why you think otherwise.

 

Can we please move past the dunks?? :rolleyes: You guys are taking it like I'm saying he's horrible. As MJ stated above, we'd like to see some more "finesse" shots from the left hand when around the basket. If he continues to open his body to the defender when he cuts across the lane from right to left, those types of shots will get blocked in the NBA.

I think the only thing Wall has to figure out is what he can't do at D1 that he could do in high school. His freakish athletic ability sometimes gets him into jams which leads to TOs.

 

Once he figures out how to not get into trouble, Katy bar the door.

I think the only thing Wall has to figure out is what he can't do at D1 that he could do in high school. His freakish athletic ability sometimes gets him into jams which leads to TOs.

 

Once he figures out how to not get into trouble, Katy bar the door.

 

I don't disagree, but even in that regard I think Wall is ahead of the majority of guys who come into college.

I don't disagree, but even in that regard I think Wall is ahead of the majority of guys who come into college.

 

Agreed.

Can we please move past the dunks?? :rolleyes: You guys are taking it like I'm saying he's horrible. As MJ stated above, we'd like to see some more "finesse" shots from the left hand when around the basket. If he continues to open his body to the defender when he cuts across the lane from right to left, those types of shots will get blocked in the NBA.

 

:lol: Neither one of those plays were dunks. I have yet to mention a dunk. I guess you really didn't watch those games :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.