Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

John Wall

Featured Replies

Here is my only comment on John Wall, .... (and to quote Dicky V)

 

'This kid is super sensational'

 

I find it hilarious that we have people looking at what he is doing wrong. He is a college freshman with tons of upside who is playing like one of the best players in the country right now. What else do we want?

  • Replies 123
  • Views 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's unbelievable.

 

At 6'4'', you don't see many guys with those skills. He has a knack for finishing at the rim, and I loved that alley oop from Bledsoe where he dunked right over the UCONN guard on the fast break.

 

Let's keep in mind that he only played 9 minutes in the 1st half.

 

Wall's biggest attribute, to me, is that he enjoys the game and wants the ball in his hands as much as possible. Late in the game, you can tell he wants the ball. I love that.

 

Special, special player.

Here is my only comment on John Wall, .... (and to quote Dicky V)

 

'This kid is super sensational'

 

I find it hilarious that we have people looking at what he is doing wrong. He is a college freshman with tons of upside who is playing like one of the best players in the country right now. What else do we want?

 

Its only natural to look for areas of improvement. And, its not always a negative to discuss it. It would be an understatement to say I'm satisfied with Wall as is, but when you consider his age and realize that he hasn't reached his potential...:scared:

 

Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing an even better John Wall in 2010...

 

A while back Calipari said that we should see a lot of improvement from the team over Christmas Break because they'll be doing some three-a-day practices. I'm excited to see that happen.

:thumb:

 

I agree.

 

:lol:

 

To put it in the words of a high school principal I know (and this is a true statement)...

 

 

 

And we wonder what's wrong with our education system?

 

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Was listening to Jim Rome today, he was really giving Wall some props. Said it's John Wall and everyone else in the college game this year...

 

Pretty good for a freshman basketball player to get props a national show.

Its only natural to look for areas of improvement. And, its not always a negative to discuss it. It would be an understatement to say I'm satisfied with Wall as is, but when you consider his age and realize that he hasn't reached his potential...:scared:

 

Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing an even better John Wall in 2010...

 

A while back Calipari said that we should see a lot of improvement from the team over Christmas Break because they'll be doing some three-a-day practices. I'm excited to see that happen.

 

I agree 110%. :thumb:

Was listening to Jim Rome today, he was really giving Wall some props. Said it's John Wall and everyone else in the college game this year...

 

He's one of the rare players to exceed the hype. Wall just has whatever "it" is...

 

Pretty good for a freshman basketball player to get props a national show.

 

I don't think its that out of the ordinary...we just aren't used to it at UK after the last decade. :lol:

:lol: Neither one of those plays were dunks. I have yet to mention a dunk. I guess you really didn't watch those games :lol:

 

Other's had mentioned dunks, so I just assumed those plays were too. As I mentioned before, I haven't watched every game this year, and I missed the first 10 minutes of last night's game.

 

Let me retract my statement as I must be completely off base with my observation. The kid is perfect, and has absolutely nothing to work on. He's the best thing since sliced bread. :notworthy:

 

:idunno:

As for a PG, I'd have a hard time putting him past CP3, even when CP3 was in college. Wall has more athleticism, but he also has a lot of turnovers. CP3 is more of a pure PG, Wall is a hybrid "half PG & half superhero". I think he still has a ways to go, especially in the half court, but he's an amazing talent and player IMO.

Other's had mentioned dunks, so I just assumed those plays were too. As I mentioned before, I haven't watched every game this year, and I missed the first 10 minutes of last night's game.

 

Let me retract my statement as I must be completely off base with my observation. The kid is perfect, and has absolutely nothing to work on. He's the best thing since sliced bread. :notworthy:

 

:idunno:

 

The thing is he is finishing. I could see saying he needs to work on it b/c they are getting blocked or he is missing them. That isn't the case though. When he has to use his left hand like last night he does. When he thinks he should use his right he does. No matter what as of right now he's finishing which is important.

  • Author
As for a PG, I'd have a hard time putting him past CP3, even when CP3 was in college. Wall has more athleticism, but he also has a lot of turnovers. CP3 is more of a pure PG, Wall is a hybrid "half PG & half superhero". I think he still has a ways to go, especially in the half court, but he's an amazing talent and player IMO.

 

If simply comparing both as freshman, I take Wall and don't look back. CP3 was unreal, and I was the only one on here hyping him up from day one, but Wall is on another level right out of the gate IMO...

If simply comparing both as freshman, I take Wall and don't look back. CP3 was unreal, and I was the only one on here hyping him up from day one, but Wall is on another level right out of the gate IMO...

 

Wall is the tougher player IMO. But as a pure PG I'd take Paul in college or now. Wall can get there though easily IMO.

 

As for hyping CP3, if I would have posted on here then I would have been right with you. I've been a CP3 guy since I saw him play in HS.

Calipari is also quick to note that Wall has not missed a single class or tutoring session this year either.

Just think, after Wall takes his finals next week, he'll be done with college.....amazing.

Just think, after Wall takes his finals next week, he'll be done with college.....amazing.

 

How so?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.