Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

John Wall

Featured Replies

As for a PG, I'd have a hard time putting him past CP3, even when CP3 was in college. Wall has more athleticism, but he also has a lot of turnovers. CP3 is more of a pure PG, Wall is a hybrid "half PG & half superhero". I think he still has a ways to go, especially in the half court, but he's an amazing talent and player IMO.

 

If Wall isn't a pure PG, then I'm still waiting to see one.

 

And, I'm trying to figure out where "half superhero" is an advantage for Paul. :idunno::lol:

  • Replies 123
  • Views 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder what UK fans feelings toward Wall would be had he chosen to play elsewhere...

 

Try to guess what our team would be like without him...and then how you'd feel watching him somewhere else, knowing what you could be with him.

I'm surprised at how well Wall has hit the outside shot--particularly the mid-range jumpers. If he can just hit one 3 per game, it makes him that much more difficult to defend.

 

:thumb:

 

On the one he hit, both UConn defenders were backing away with their hands down. They knew if they closed out he'd be hanging on the rim before they could turn around.

 

His 3 point shot is a weird, low release fade away. I think it'd be easily blocked if anyone had the nerve to get close to him on the perimeter.

I'd say he deserves his own thread at this point. In my 32 years, I've never seen this skill set, and I'm not sure how to put it lightly to avoid over exaggerating his ability. Just WOW. That's all I've got...

 

Let's all enjoy it while it lasts... he is something else! A true breath of fresh air to a program that needed CPR. I like his maturity... acts more like a senior who has been there vs. a star struck frosh in New York City.

If Wall isn't a pure PG, then I'm still waiting to see one.

 

And, I'm trying to figure out where "half superhero" is an advantage for Paul. :idunno::lol:

 

What I'm saying is that Wall still has some improvement to be made in the half court. His assist to turnover ratio in these games is amazingly low for the amount of production he produces. He is great in the full court. I guess what I was saying is that it's amazing how he is able to control the game. I think that he is more of an amazing athlete than guys who create so well for others in the half court like Chris Paul. I just think that he is amazing but is no where near his full potential. I think that once he becomes more efficient in the half court game he will not be able to be guarded, even in the NBA.

 

Guys like CP3 take care of the ball more, and I think once Wall does that the sky is the limit. I'm not taking away from him, I think he's by far the most talented guy I've every watched at UK, I just think he has some work to do before being compared to CP3 in terms of being an pure PG.:thumb:

If Wall isn't a pure PG, then I'm still waiting to see one.

 

 

 

Exactly. Just because Wall doesn't fit the bill of your standard true point guard doesn't mean he isn't one. John Wall is a freakish talent that only comes around once in a blue moon. For his position he is the best prospect since Lebron, and he will transcend the point guard position. There are guys out there who can do most of what Wall does, but there is no one who can do everything he does. After this year and when he enters the pro's, every college team and every pro team will be looking for the next John Wall to lead their team. How many PG's do you know that can go in the lane amongst 6'7'' to 6'10'' big men crowding the paint, then getting a nasty tip dunk over all of them. I mean its crazy. He hits circus layups like its routine, and does stuff that we normally only see Kobe do on that kind of basis. Makes passes Steve Nash would take notice of. Solid, and I mean solid mid-range game, and can even back it up and bust it from outside if need be. Did I mention he is also one of the quickest PG's to ever get the ball in his hands? He is the total package for a ball player and is the only point guard I have ever seen who can do so many things at that position. He has a great basketball mind, and controls the game so well to be a freshman. He does an excellent job getting the ball where it needs to go, and it is obvious how much he means to this team just by seeing how they play when he is on the bench. To this point there is no one like him, and it may be hard in the future to find someone who would be like him. There's not one PG who you can honestly compare him too 90%, but there is a handful in which you can take certain parts of their game and apply it to Wall. That is saying something. When top analysts are saying that you are the best PG since Jason Kidd (who was amazing in college and his first years in the NBA) then that is also saying something. So IMO Wall is a true pure Point Guard, he is just a different breed, like something we have never saw before.

Exactly. Just because Wall doesn't fit the bill of your standard true point guard doesn't mean he isn't one. John Wall is a freakish talent that only comes around once in a blue moon. For his position he is the best prospect since Lebron, and he will transcend the point guard position. There are guys out there who can do most of what Wall does, but there is no one who can do everything he does. After this year and when he enters the pro's, every college team and every pro team will be looking for the next John Wall to lead their team. How many PG's do you know that can go in the lane amongst 6'7'' to 6'10'' big men crowding the paint, then getting a nasty tip dunk over all of them. I mean its crazy. He hits circus layups like its routine, and does stuff that we normally only see Kobe do on that kind of basis. Makes passes Steve Nash would take notice of. Solid, and I mean solid mid-range game, and can even back it up and bust it from outside if need be. Did I mention he is also one of the quickest PG's to ever get the ball in his hands? He is the total package for a ball player and is the only point guard I have ever seen who can do so many things at that position. He has a great basketball mind, and controls the game so well to be a freshman. He does an excellent job getting the ball where it needs to go, and it is obvious how much he means to this team just by seeing how they play when he is on the bench. To this point there is no one like him, and it may be hard in the future to find someone who would be like him. There's not one PG who you can honestly compare him too 90%, but there is a handful in which you can take certain parts of their game and apply it to Wall. That is saying something. When top analysts are saying that you are the best PG since Jason Kidd (who was amazing in college and his first years in the NBA) then that is also saying something. So IMO Wall is a true pure Point Guard, he is just a different breed, like something we have never saw before.

 

 

After reading this, I agree. :thumb: Great argument.

Another thing is that John Wall maybe the most talented player to ever wear a Kentucky uniform, and that is saying a lot. This whole decade I have been so envious of all the hype some of these other guys have received and how their teams were hyped because of it. Just think back to Carmelo and Syracuse, Durant and Texas. Now finally Kentucky and Wall have the same treatment. That's all you heard on ESPN all day long. Even during the halftime report of the UF/Cuse game they show highlights of the game last night, and then wrap it up with a discussion on John Wall and if its even possible to stop him. It feels too good to describe to now have one of those elite players who garner national attention playing for the Big Blue. Boy what a difference a year makes.

Once again, Nice. ^

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Instead of crossing the Potamic, I think that is Wall and company crossing the Ohio on their way to thrash Indiana in what hopefully isn't a let down game. :D

Another thing is that John Wall maybe the most talented player to ever wear a Kentucky uniform, and that is saying a lot. This whole decade I have been so envious of all the hype some of these other guys have received and how their teams were hyped because of it. Just think back to Carmelo and Syracuse, Durant and Texas. Now finally Kentucky and Wall have the same treatment. That's all you heard on ESPN all day long. Even during the halftime report of the UF/Cuse game they show highlights of the game last night, and then wrap it up with a discussion on John Wall and if its even possible to stop him. It feels too good to describe to now have one of those elite players who garner national attention playing for the Big Blue. Boy what a difference a year makes.

 

Once again, I agree with you. IMO you have a great perspective on the subject.:thumb:

Without a doubt, John Wall is the best freshman I have ever seen.

John Wall is great, but he's no Saul Smith.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.