November 26, 200916 yr They are not decent at all. They have 1 good player but the rest of their players are so unathletic. They got literally nothing except fouls from their frontcourt. UK should have won by 20+. They are very well coached. There was only one way they had an oppurtunity to win this game and that was to run the shot clock under 6 and hit shots. They did that almost every possession. They followed their game plan to a tee.
November 26, 200916 yr Last in the Pac-10 is decent? Let's see where they finish up...Apparently nobody knows how to do preseason predictions huh?
November 26, 200916 yr UK allowed Stanford to dictate the tempo of the game and it nearly cost them. More pressure D would certainly help. You can't let teams like this wind the shot clock down on every possession.
November 26, 200916 yr Spoiled kid. 2You've got to be kidding me!! The kid makes 1 big mistake and you call him spoil? Are u a UK fan? This team is young and they are learning by process, thats what happens when you have 3 frosh starting. Why don't some of you give them a bit of growing room and try not to critisize every close game as being a bunch of spoiled kids. They are ahead of where I thought they would be be with 2 come from behind wins that they will learn from in the future. THEY ARE YOUNG!! THEY HAVE A TON OF GROWING TO DO!! That doesn't mean they are overrated or spoiled!! Give me a break!! Some of you unrealistic critics are why we have a bad reputation as UK fans. Cal said from the very beginning that it's going to be a process and that he wanted them to be tested early in the schedule and that's exactly what has happened. Allow them the mistakes that we all knew was going to happen and allow them to be young stars that they are. They are going to make many mistakes early but that's expected. IT'S EXPECTED PEOPLE!!! IT's a process and they will be ok. Give them time to develope as players. Give them the time they need!!! Quit bashing every mistake they make and support them!! GEEEEEZ!!!! Cats, please know that the majority of us fans support everything you are doing, it's just a small group who like to criticize everything!! We love ya!!! Keep up the good work@@ We are standing right beside you as you learn and grow into the team we all know you will be. Please ignore the UK critics and realize that most of us are UK FANS!!!
November 26, 200916 yr But should handle himself as a man...18 qualifies as being a man. He's a year past that. 19 is still a kid.
November 26, 200916 yr It didn't look like the Cats would win but they did what was necessary to pull it off. The inbounds play was a very good call. Bledsoe passes it in, then he goes down to the corner, PP comes up to screen then rolls to the hoop taking the defender and Bledsoe is wide open for the 3. Team still has a way to go but they have the ingredients for success and I'll take a win every day even if it's ugly.
November 26, 200916 yr Wow, what negativity. UK just picked up an overtime win to move to 6-0 on the season. The win was the second in as many nights, in an odd environment, against a Pac-10 team that may not be great but is well coached, and all everyone on here is doing is bashing players for being spoiled and the team for their ranking? Color me confused. Look, I'm not making excuses. The Cats didn't play great. But if you look at every championship-caliber team they always have these types of games. Is Kentucky a championship-caliber team? Who knows. But I don't think an eight point overtime victory diminishes them much. Are the Cats the number five team in the country? Probably not. But I'm not sure there are more than five teams I'd pick to beat Kentucky on a neutral court. But perhaps more importantly, it doesn't matter. This isn't the BCS. Kentucky isn't hoping to win out and make the Sugar Bowl. You guys have to realize that the University of Kentucky isn't going undefeated. No one is going undefeated this year and I don't believe it will ever happen again. The days of UNLV '91, Indiana '76, and San Francisco '55 are long since past. What we should all do is take a step back, relax, remember that it's the sixth game of the season, and most of all remember that KENTUCKY WON!
November 26, 200916 yr Even you said they aren't very good.... That says a lot, IMO. It's a little early to declare them the worst team in the Pac 10.
November 26, 200916 yr 6-0, I'll take it. I don't think UK got their 6th win until game 9 last year. Yes Cousins does need to mature, but the guy can play. For those of you saying he tried to give the game away. What about all of the positives he did in the game? The guy is a huge talent, and really be scary good once he matures, and learns how to play the college game. This team is exciting to watch, and it sure beats getting on here talking about loses, and stupid substitution patterns by Gillispie. I can see it hasn't taken long for some of you to go right back to being spoiled again.
November 26, 200916 yr 6-0, I'll take it. I don't think UK got their 6th win until game 9 last year. Yes Cousins does need to mature, but the guy can play. For those of you saying he tried to give the game away. What about all of the positives he did in the game? The guy is a huge talent, and really be scary good once he matures, and learns how to play the college game. This team is exciting to watch, and it sure beats getting on here talking about loses, and stupid substitution patterns by Gillispie. I can see it hasn't taken long for some of you to go right back to being spoiled again. Thank you couldn't of said it better myself.
November 26, 200916 yr Author 6-0, I'll take it. I don't think UK got their 6th win until game 9 last year. Yes Cousins does need to mature, but the guy can play. For those of you saying he tried to give the game away. What about all of the positives he did in the game? The guy is a huge talent, and really be scary good once he matures, and learns how to play the college game. This team is exciting to watch, and it sure beats getting on here talking about loses, and stupid substitution patterns by Gillispie. I can see it hasn't taken long for some of you to go right back to being spoiled again. Is it wrong to say that a player should grow up? I believe that's entirely more important right now than anything else he's doing correctly. We know he's a good talent. We've been talking all along about how once this team grows they'll be great and when one player clearly has a lot of growing up to do and we mention it we get bashed? I applaud those who do well. Try reading back to the threads against Sam Houston when Cousins played well. When someone plays well, like Ramon did in OT, I'll say they played well. If someone is acting like a child on the court, I'll say that too. I don't consider that "spoiling" by any means.
November 26, 200916 yr UK isn't a top five team right now, I agree. They got the talent to get there, but they are very overranked right now. I agree with this as well. I am hoping these very talented freshmen will come around and by seasons end will be a top 5 (or higher) team but no way are we a top 5 team right now.
November 26, 200916 yr Is it wrong to say that a player should grow up? I believe that's entirely more important right now than anything else he's doing correctly. We know he's a good talent. We've been talking all along about how once this team grows they'll be great and when one player clearly has a lot of growing up to do and we mention it we get bashed? I applaud those who do well. Try reading back to the threads against Sam Houston when Cousins played well. When someone plays well, like Ramon did in OT, I'll say they played well. If someone is acting like a child on the court, I'll say that too. I don't consider that "spoiling" by any means. I stated myself that Cousins still needed to mature. For somebody to say that Cousins did his best to give the game away though is way off, and unfair.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.