Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 73 Stanford 65 (OT)

Featured Replies

:ohbrother:

 

You can :ohbrother: all you want. It's the truth.

 

I will not at all dispute any of the statements in this thread. They have the talent to get to that ranking. And I think they will. But right now, they don't even almost deserve it. I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt preseason, but through these games, it is clear they should drop down.

  • Replies 132
  • Views 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some pretty clutch plays from Wall, Harris and a huge shot by Bledsoe. Glad to see a win, but obviously this team has a long way to go to get where they want to be.

 

Stanford played hard, but they are not very good. They have one really good player and another good shooter. Outside of those two, I didn't see a major D-I player on the floor.

You can :ohbrother: all you want. It's the truth.

 

I will not at all dispute any of the statements in this thread. They have the talent to get to that ranking. And I think they will. But right now, they don't even almost deserve it. I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt preseason, but through these games, it is clear they should drop down.

 

Why, they are young and still winning. :confused:

Some pretty clutch plays from Wall, Harris and a huge shot by Bledsoe. Glad to see a win, but obviously this team has a long way to go to get where they want to be.

 

Stanford played hard, but they are not very good. They have one really good player and another good shooter. Outside of those two, I didn't see a major D-I player on the floor.

 

You are correct OR, a lot of people have Stanford picked last in the Pac 10. The Fields kid can ball though.

Yeah probably cause he is only 19. He is a kid.

 

But should handle himself as a man...18 qualifies as being a man. He's a year past that.

Kentucky has the ability to clamp down, I think the overtime is a pretty good example of what they can do when they want to. They key is getting that level of defensive play for forty minutes.

But should handle himself as a man...18 qualifies as being a man. He's a year past that.

 

:laugh::laugh:

Kentucky has the ability to clamp down, I think the overtime is a pretty good example of what they can do when they want to. They key is getting that level of defensive play for forty minutes.

 

The OT defense was helped out by the fact that Stanford set on the ball for the entire shot clock nearly every possesion. They didn't even look to score.

Why, they are young and still winning. :confused:

 

They are young is an excuse for why they aren't winning impressively. All wins weren't created equal. In my mind, a ranking should be an indication that generally you would expect a team to beat every team below them. I don't believe that there are only 4 teams that I would expect to beat UK right now.

 

Their youth means they have potential. Again, I agree with the statements here that they may be deserving of being this high later in the season. That's the promise of the youth. But right now they are still learning and just are clearly not as good as their rank. Stanford was picked 10th in the Pac-10. They lost to Old Dominion just the other night. UK was extremely close to having zero shot at the end, as Stanford had two free throws up 2.

Ramon Harris came up huge in overtime, I know some of my friends might owe number 5 a few apologies.

The OT defense was helped out by the fact that Stanford set on the ball for the entire shot clock nearly every possesion. They didn't even look to score.

 

And I think was was caused by being dead tired. And unless a team can go deep with their guards, they will wear most teams down.

The OT defense was helped out by the fact that Stanford set on the ball for the entire shot clock nearly every possesion. They didn't even look to score.

 

I think alot of that was because UK did a better job gettting through screens and bumping cutters. On ball pressure was also alot better in overtime.

Bleh. Happy they won, but if this is the #5 team in the nation, I'm the King of England.

 

:notworthy: :notworthy::notworthy:SIR KING FIRE:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

And I think was was caused by being dead tired. And unless a team can go deep with their guards, they will wear most teams down.

 

Why will UK wear guards down? They pretty much only play two themselves. They really need to develop some guard depth IMO. Wall can play every minute of every game as a freshman, it will tak a toll.

They are young is an excuse for why they aren't winning impressively. All wins weren't created equal. In my mind, a ranking should be an indication that generally you would expect a team to beat every team below them.

 

Which they have done

 

 

I don't believe that there are only 4 teams that I would expect to beat UK right now.

 

So Kansas should NEVER lose?

 

Their youth means they have potential. Again, I agree with the statements here that they may be deserving of being this high later in the season. That's the promise of the youth. But right now they are still learning and just are clearly not as good as their rank. Stanford was picked 10th in the Pac-10. They lost to Old Dominion just the other night. UK was extremely close to having zero shot at the end, as Stanford had two free throws up 2.

 

No, they lost to Oral Roberts, and Stanford was hot in the first half and UK withstood it. Stayed with it and won the game.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.