Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 73 Stanford 65 (OT)

Featured Replies

I realize they're still learning but I watched a very young Gonzaga team last night and they had flow to their offense. UK doesn't. It's helter skelter.

 

While the overall roster for Gonzaga is young, the guys getting the large majority of the minutes for them have been in the program at least 3 years. Bouldin and Foster are SRs, Gray is a JR and Sacre is a RS FROSH...

  • Replies 132
  • Views 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's see for months Cal has been saying this team would struggle early, make alot of turnovers, and be sloppy. Yet, some of us are shocked. UK is 6 and 0, enjoy, quit being unhappy in victory. I think Cousins isn't they only person who has some growing up to do. If you don't believe me read some of the post in this thread.

UK is just a young and talented team. Majority of young teams play down to their competition. If UK is playing a top 25 they will look a lot better, just playing to the competition. Stanford controlled tempo and there were also a few minor set backs(intentional foul, review of a Stanford 3pointer, and a clock malfunction). These factors also play into Stanford's favor and tempo.

I like the fact that Cal doesn't call a timeout and he lets Wall and others have a chance before the defense sets up. Its hard to find players that react that quickly and can finish. Cousins also had a bad night so don't loose all hope in him yet.

Let's see for months Cal has been saying this team would struggle early, make alot of turnovers, and be sloppy. Yet, some of us are shocked. UK is 6 and 0, enjoy, quit being unhappy in victory. I think Cousins isn't they only person who has some growing up to do. If you don't believe me read some of the post in this thread.

 

I agree with the 3 basic premises in your post:

 

1) Be happy that UK is 6-0. I'm happy (and pleasantly surprised)!

 

2) Expect this team to struggle early & be sloppy. No problem, they'll get better. Rome wasn't built in a day.

 

3) Cousins has some growing up to do. That's my only gripe. If he grows up soon, I'll be thrilled!

I agree with the 3 basic premises in your post:

 

1) Be happy that UK is 6-0. I'm happy (and pleasantly surprised)!

 

2) Expect this team to struggle early & be sloppy. No problem, they'll get better. Rome wasn't built in a day.

 

3) Cousins has some growing up to do. That's my only gripe. If he grows up soon, I'll be thrilled!

 

 

I though this was Camelot? :lol:

To echo what many have already said. THEY ARE YOUNG! They are talented and talent is winning these games right now. They are freshman palying against junior and senior led teams.

 

As much as I would enjoy seeing them blow everybody out, these close games are teaching them more about winning than blow-outs would. When they get to conference games and then the dance, they have meaningful experiences from which to pull from. They have been in the fire before.

 

Should we throw in the towel because they won? Come on CATS fans, be more realistic! They will be fine.

 

BTW, I bet Big Cuz doesn't miss anymore freethrows on purpose...EVER!!!!!

Got a question on a call in tonight's game. R. Harris drove the lane, made the shot. The ref counted the shot, but called him for a charge (I think)?? Then they walked to the other end and the Stanford player shot free throws. I thought there were not shots taken on a player control foul. The only explanation I can come up with is that the foul was called on another UK player, if so who got called for that foul? Can someone help me out here?

 

From what I understood on the call, it was a post-possession change foul. The ball had already entered the hoop before the foul was committed. Thus the two points, and then the foul considered defensive. Irregardless :cool::D the whole situation seemed messed up to me. I didn't think a defender could position himself in front of someone already in the air and draw a foul that way. Not too sure what the ref was thinking there.

 

On another note... Am I the only one who feels like the game is always in hand when it comes down to Wall having the ball in the final seconds? A freshman shooting FT's to send it into overtime should be a very scary thought. Heck, I would be worried even with most high percentage FT shooters. I never worry with Wall. He just seems to be a playmaker who does his best work with the game on the line. I love his competitiveness every bit as much as his athleticism. Terrible game, but great heart shown by the Cats. Could come in handy late March.

Did anybody else notice the offense that Stanford ran? Look familiar? They ran FLEX! The offense ran by every high school team across the country!

 

Maryland runs it a lot to...you dont see it a lot in its basic form, but Stanford does as well as Maryland.

Everyone relax... Cal has told us the whole time leading up to the season that it would be a while until this team finally "got it". This team will struggle, and they are NOT going undefeated like everyone thinks they will. I like how they can still pull out wins even though they haven't played up to par. What does that say about this team's talent? I mean UK is a couple clutch shots from being 4-2.

 

Big Cuz will mature over time, not everyone deveolps the same. I like the fire though he has rather than a state of mind of apathy like some other players that wore blue and white. This team when they figure it all out will be dominant, but until then expect more of the same.

 

Good win though. Cats are 6-0.

They also loss to San Diego...

 

Who just whooped a ranked Oklahoma team! :thumb:

Cousins made some freshman mistakes, but he is likely the best freshman big man in the country and may be the best period by march.

Cousins made some freshman mistakes, but he is likely the best freshman big man in the country and may be the best period by march.

 

Can you name 5 big men that you'd rather have then Cousins?

Maybe Aldrich from Kansas is the only one I can think of that might be in the same category.

 

 

I am agreeing with you even if it doesn't sound like it.

I feel those who have read my post are mistaken. I feel Cousins has great potential and I believe he will turn in to one of the most dominant post players in the SEC and maybe even the country BUT I feel that his negativity only hurts him and the team. He must learn to filter the good and the bad and keep a positive attitude, fast.

 

A player's mindset is one of the most crucial aspects in the game and negativity will be his downfall.

Sloppy game, if Wall wants to be as good as Rose, he needs to cut down on the turnovers. Johnny Dawkins did a great job with a clearly overmatched team. I'm just glad we got the win, that is the kind of team that would have blown us out last season.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.