Fantasy trade help...

There are two weeks left in the regular season... I sit at 5-6 and probably have about 20% chance of making the playoffs. Due to a change in management this season, our league has some rules that need to be fixed. We just changed to a keeper league this season and there is no trade deadline before the playoffs. Soooo, all of the terrible teams are trying to trade away their teams for one really good player for next year.

I've been offered:

Cedric Benson, LeSean McCoy and Ricky Williams for Steven Jackson and Darren Sproles.

Thoughts?

This season aside, I feel like Benson may be a better keep than Jackson going into next year. Maybe that is the Bengals fan in me talking...

If you're just considering keeper status, I like Steven Jackson better than Benson. Jackson plays for one of the worst teams in the league and is still on pass for over 2000 total yards. You have to believe St. Louis will be better offensively in 2010, which should help his production, especially when it comes to scoring opportunities.

JMO

If you don't think you can make the playoffs, I'd stick with what I had.

How many players can you keep?

In his situation, what's the reasoning behind taking the trade?

I'm assuming he can keep one, maybe two guys. He said he has about a 20% chance of making the playoffs. So, why would you want to give away a guy like Steven Jackson?

If you knew you were going to make the playoffs, or could keep several players, then I'd certainly take it.

You can keep one guy

Is Benson or Jackson for sure going to be your keeper? Who else is on your roster?

If you have somebody better than those two that you're going to keep, then I'd take the deal. But, Jackson is going to be your keeper I'd stand pat. If you're not making the playoffs, Jackson is the best player and that gives you the best guy to start with next year.

I would do the deal.

McCoy will be the starting RB in Philly before too long. Westbrook is getting old & banged up.

Sproles will be the starter in San Diego before too long, but I think Benson's future here is bright. Jackson plays on such a bad team that I have a hard time liking him in terms of fantasy.

Take the deal. Ricky Williams gives you an opportunity to get into the playoffs this year, too. With Ronnie Brown out, he'll be putting up huge numbers the rest of the way.

Is Benson or Jackson for sure going to be your keeper? Who else is on your roster?

If you have somebody better than those two that you're going to keep, then I'd take the deal. But, Jackson is going to be your keeper I'd stand pat. If you're not making the playoffs, Jackson is the best player and that gives you the best guy to start with next year.

I'm with 5wide here. If there is someone else you have that is a better keeper, like an elite QB or WR, then I say do the deal. But if not, it's too large a risk for not enough gain. Sproles is a fine change of pace back and a starter for several games, but I don't like his body to hold up to punishment on a full time basis. And I think the Chargers agree or else he'd have the job by now. Philadelphia has no faith in the running game if it's not Westbrook running, I don't know how well McCoy would be next season. Certainly you wouldn't keep him anyway. Benson is the best chance you have for a keeper out of those three, and he's not as sure a bet as Jackson. We've seen him show great form in one season. Who knows if he can do it again?

I'm with 5wide here.

A few things to think about/answer.....

What happens if you make this trade and don't make the playoffs? You lost the best player in the deal.

You make the trade and make the playoffs, does this trade make you a championship contender this year? Next year?

If you can only keep one, which one is your keeper for next year and are they better than SJ?