Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengal Cornerbacks

Which Corner Has Been Better This Season 31 members have voted

  1. 1. Which Corner Has Been Better This Season

    • Leon Hall
      38%
      12
    • Jonathan Joseph
      61%
      19

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Both are very good corners. I would lean towards Griffin and Winfield as the best 1-2 though.

 

They might not be the best but you could make a good argument for them.:thumb:

  • Replies 62
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

I forgot to explain how me and #5 even got into this argument. He stated that if Cutler was going to have a field day, it would be on Leon Hall. I asked him why he thought this, considering Joseph has been the one who has gotten beat more this year and seems like has given up more receptions. I still stand by the fact that as of right now in the season, if either one of them are going to let a QB have a field day against one of them, it would be Joseph that gives up IMO....With that said hopefully neither one of them allow that to happen.

I think it's pretty much impossible to tell unless you're watching the games at Paul Brown stadium, or watching these guys on film. I've done neither, so I can't give an accurate assessment.

 

:thumb:

 

I would add, just because it seems that Joseph is the corner in question when a big play happens, doesn't mean he's been worse. There are so many factors that come into play. They don't exist in a vacuum. Who are the WR's on the plays? It's possibly that Joseph is being asked to cover the opponent's best WR and best big play threat. It's also possible that the Bengals ask more of Joseph...they could roll coverage to Hall more often because they have more confidence in Joseph in straight man coverage.

 

No way to know without becoming a film studier...I don't get paid enough to do that. :lol:

  • Author
:thumb:

 

I would add, just because it seems that Joseph is the corner in question when a big play happens, doesn't mean he's been worse. There are so many factors that come into play. They don't exist in a vacuum. Who are the WR's on the plays? It's possibly that Josehe opponent's best WR and best big play threat. It's also possible that the Bengals ask more of Joseph...they could roll coverage to Hall mph is being asked to cover tore often because they have more confidence in Joseph in straight man coverage.

 

No way to know without becoming a film studier...I don't get paid enough to do that. :lol:

 

I can answer this question for you. The Bengals don't put just one corner on the other teams best WR. The Bengals have said this, and you can see it while you watch games. That the Bengals keep Hall and Joseph on the same side of the field all game. Joseph is always at the left corner, and Hall is always at the right corner. So both guys play against the other teams #1 just as much. However when we have seen Joseph get beat this year, it has been by the other teams #2 and #3 receivers....

  • Author

I mean if people could go back and watch these games over, I think some of you all would see what I am talking about. Joseph as I have said definitely has more upside than Hall. Hall going into this year has given up a lot of big plays, and we all know that once Bengal fans make up their mind on someone, they always seem to keep that opinion. However I mean if people really pay attention to how the games have went this year, Hall has been by far the most consistent one. Also when it comes to what started the argument, I think if one of them were to let a QB have a field day against him it would be Joseph from what we have seen this year. Can anyone really give a good argument against that?

I can answer this question for you. The Bengals don't put just one corner on the other teams best WR. The Bengals have said this, and you can see it while you watch games. That the Bengals keep Hall and Joseph on the same side of the field all game. Joseph is always at the left corner, and Hall is always at the right corner. So both guys play against the other teams #1 just as much. However when we have seen Joseph get beat this year, it has been by the other teams #2 and #3 receivers....

 

:thumb:

FC, you keep saying that you can't go wrong either way, but when someone votes Joseph, you make five more posts about why you think it is Hall. We get it, we know who you'd vote for, there is no clear right or wrong answer.

  • Author
FC, you keep saying that you can't go wrong either way, but when someone votes Joseph, you make five more posts about why you think it is Hall. We get it, we know who you'd vote for, there is no clear right or wrong answer.

 

 

Well when people have post saying they choose Joseph cause he covers the #1 receiver on the other team, then I am going to respond to that because that is not true. Both corners stay on one side of the field most of the game. Honestly as I said before it seems like Joseph is on other teams #2 and #3 receivers more than the #1. To many people especially Bengal fans let the past dictate how they feel on things. Joseph when healthy had been the better one, cause Hall had got beat a lot going into this year. However as I said at the beginning going on this year alone, who has been better? Also going to what started the argument, who would be more likely to let a big day happen? I think obviously this year it would be Joseph from what we have seen so far this year. #5 acted like I was crazy for thinking that, however from what we seen this year, Joseph has shown if one of them is going to give up a big day it would be him. From what we have seen am I wrong?

  • Author

I just realized I am making it sound like Joseph is a bad corner or something with this argument. I definitely don't think that, I think he is very good. My point just being from what we have seen this year, if you were to guess if a corner was to give up a field day this year. Which one from what we have seen so far this year, do you all think it would be? From what we have seen this year, I don't see how you couldn't say Joseph. However hopefully we don't have to worry about that happening to either of them though.

Well the vote is slowly, but surely working it's way where it need to be. Hall jumped to an early leas with FC writing a book in support of him, but now with people reading and remembering things justice is being served.

 

Time will tell the truth. Until then I have an 8AM meeting tomorrow with a football coach. Have to hit the hay. See ya fellas.

 

 

How did that 8AM meeting go? I assume since you didn't post a repsone that you were mistaken on what the coach told you. :idunno:

How did that 8AM meeting go? I assume since you didn't post a repsone that you were mistaken on what the coach told you. :idunno:

 

It wasn't about that at all. It was about the future addition to a football program and possible ways to fund it.:thumb:

  • Author
Looks like majority thinks it's Joseph!

 

HAHA your basing that on 26 votes? I mean there is definitely many more people on here than just 26 people. I mean I could have said that the majority thinks it was Hall after just 6 votes, when I believe it was 5 votes to one in favor of Joseph. So obviously it could change very quickly, we just didn't get as many votes in this thread as we expected to really get a a majority on anything. :thumb:

  • Author

Leon Hall's play is starting to get noticed by others too. Len Pasquarelli of espn made a list of his all pro team for the midway point of the season, and he list Leon Hall as one of the all pro corners for him so far this year. Nice to see others realizing the great play by some of these guys on the Bengals defense.

 

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=4642533

I voted for Joseph because #5's posts are shorter and easier to read. :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.