Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengal Cornerbacks

Which Corner Has Been Better This Season 31 members have voted

  1. 1. Which Corner Has Been Better This Season

    • Leon Hall
      38%
      12
    • Jonathan Joseph
      61%
      19

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

You going against someone who knows more about defense than either you or I, and he even said there was nothing wrong with what Hall did. He tried to make a play on the ball, and a lot of times that ends up incomplete or intercepted. Not caught and then run for a touchdown by the offense. As I been saying before it was just more bad luck than anything on that play. Any corner in the NFL would have tried the same thing, and if they couldn't knock it straight down they would have still deflected the ball just like him. You are taught to try to make a play on the ball and get a hand on it. I mean yeah its very easy for you to say, well we would have been better off if he didn't, and yeah knowing what we know now we would have been better off if he didn't. However he did what he needed to do at that time, because no one would have thought it would have happened like it did. It was just bad luck thats all.

 

You also realize we are not even talking about the thread anymore, we been talking about just this one play the whole time. Which brings me back to how could you say Joseph has been better and more consistent than Hall, by basing it off of two plays and one of them being a fluke play.

 

Clearly not sir.

  • Replies 62
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#5, I think you might be mistaking a last second hail mary, on a regular pass play. I have never heard of a coach tell a DB not to try and make a play on a ball. Now coaches will tell their players to bat down balls on last second hail mary passes, but I believe you're mistaken on this one.

  • Author
Clearly not sir.

 

He did what he has been taught to do, so how did he not do what he was suppose to there? Yeah the first things people teach is to knock the ball down "if they can" however they also teach if you can make a play on the ball and get your hands on it, then you should. Which includes being able to deflect the ball. I mean I know you have to much pride to admit your wrong, but seriously come on now I think you even know this. You know you will not find a coach who will tell a guy well you should just let a guy catch it, even though you could deflect it. You will also not find a corner who wouldn't have tried to make a play on it like Hall did. A few of them maybe could jump higher and could knock it down, but I bet you almost everyone would have been trying to jump up there to deflect the ball or something if they could. I mean we see it every week corners deflecting the ball and it goes up in the air, and usually is incomplete or intercepted. It was just bad luck man, that is all it was.

  • Author
#5, I think you might be mistaking a last second hail mary, on a regular pass play. I have never heard of a coach tell a DB not to try and make a play on a ball. Now coaches will tell their players to bat down balls on last second hail mary passes, but I believe you're mistaken on this one.

 

:thumb: Now back to the thread at hand. I still believe up to this point in the year, Hall has been the more consistent one. Which takes a lot for me to admit, because I really never was a big fan of Hall going into this year. However he has impressed me this year with his consistent play, which has been more consistent than Joseph. Even though Joseph has also done a very good job too. The Bengals have themselves two really good corners. :thumb:

Well the vote is slowly, but surely working it's way where it need to be. Hall jumped to an early leas with FC writing a book in support of him, but now with people reading and remembering things justice is being served.

 

Time will tell the truth. Until then I have an 8AM meeting tomorrow with a football coach. Have to hit the hay. See ya fellas.

I would say the are the best 1-2 punch in the NFL. End of argument. :D

  • Author
Well the vote is slowly, but surely working it's way where it need to be. Hall jumped to an early leas with FC writing a book in support of him, but now with people reading and remembering things justice is being served.

 

Time will tell the truth. Until then I have an 8AM meeting tomorrow with a football coach. Have to hit the hay. See ya fellas.

 

Remembering what exactly? I mean we have heard Joseph's name this year more, because QB's throw his way more and have been more completions on him this year. Sometimes not hearing a corners name as much like Hall this year, is a good sign of the corner doing his job.

 

People need to remember I am not talking about careers. Because Hall has been burnt a lot so far in his career. I am talking about this season, and this season Hall has been the more consistent one.

  • Author
I would say the are the best 1-2 punch in the NFL. End of argument. :D

 

I can agree with that. :thumb:

Joseph is the #1 corner, he has to cover the burner. Hall is a cover corner. Both are valuable.

  • Author
Joseph is the #1 corner, he has to cover the burner. Hall is a cover corner. Both are valuable.

 

You do realize the Bengals keep their corners on the same side of the field every play. The Bengals don't put one of their corners on the other teams top receiver. Its just whatever side the the #1 receiver lines up on is who guards him. Which seems like the teams #1 receivers have lined up more against Hall. Because usually the receptions we see against Joseph are against the other teams #2, and #3 receivers as we seen with the Steelers Mike Wallace against Joseph and how he beat him a few times and Sweed, and Mosquoi (sp.) of the Browns when he had his big day against the Bengals, most of it coming against Joseph. My point is the big plays have come against Joseph this year, and seems like more receptions have been against him too. So that would mean that Hall has been the more consistent one this year. :thumb:

I was telling someone the other day that they are probably in the top 5 in CB duos in the league. I voted Hall because I think, other than the tip in the air, he has had a VERY good year.

Let's just say that both have been GREAT first round picks by the Bengals and have solidified a defense from bad when Joseph was first drafted to now a top 10 defense maybe top 5.

  • Author
I was telling someone the other day that they are probably in the top 5 in CB duos in the league. I voted Hall because I think, other than the tip in the air, he has had a VERY good year.

 

I admit I think Joseph still has more upside than Hall. However as for this season, I think Hall has been better. As I said though you really can't go wrong with either because they both have been great. I think we should give the Bengals some credit for make good smart draft picks when they got these guys.

At this time, JJ is leading Hall by a field goal...

I would say the are the best 1-2 punch in the NFL. End of argument. :D

 

Both are very good corners. I would lean towards Griffin and Winfield as the best 1-2 though.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.