Beechwood 20 Bellevue 8

futurecoach

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bellevue shoots themselves in the foot with numerous fumbles in the 2nd half and the biggest of the game in the Beechwood Red zone with 2 min left and down 6 points.

Rigdon was the difference in the game. His two huge runs were the difference. If you take those away Bellevue pretty much controlled the game.

Credit the Beechwood staff for making halftime adjustments.

I was someone who thought Bellevue could win this game, then I really thought they could win with how the field conditions were. With the field conditions it definitely favored Bellevue in a big way. Beechwood is about speed this year, and that slowed them down and Bellevue is bigger on the line. So this had all the makings of Bellevue being able to win this game. However we now know that Beechwood is just plain and simple the better team. From what I seen if these two teams play again in the playoffs, I think Beechwoods wins much easier and by at least 3 touchdowns. This was Bellevue's chance and they let it slip.

I was someone who thought Bellevue could win this game, then I really thought they could win with how the field conditions were. With the field conditions it definitely favored Bellevue in a big way. Beechwood is about speed this year, and that slowed them down and Bellevue is bigger on the line. So this had all the makings of Bellevue being able to win this game. However we now know that Beechwood is just plain and simple the better team. From what I seen if these two teams play again in the playoffs, I think Beechwoods wins much easier and by at least 3 touchdowns. This was Bellevue's chance and they let it slip.

You may be right but the field conditions hampered Buckler's running also. Give credit to the Beechwood defense though for stepping up in the 2nd half.

14 fumbles in one game though is just ridiculous. How many did Bellevue fumble away? 5 or 6...

You may be right but the field conditions hampered Buckler's running also. Give credit to the Beechwood defense though for stepping up in the 2nd half.

14 fumbles in one game though is just ridiculous. How many did Bellevue fumble away? 5 or 6...

I think the stats they gave was that Beechwood recovered 4 fumbles by Bellevue, and Bellevue recovered three fumbles by Beechwood. Beechwood also threw an interception. So turnover wise it evened out. You really could take away a couple of plays from both teams, and say the other controlled it. If Beechwood doesn't fumble in the 1st quarter and then don't give up a 60 yard run, then Beechwood has a shut out. Then take away a couple of Beechwoods big plays, and Bellevue wins. It was a good game, and Beechwood just made more plays. Bellevue has themselves a real good team this year, its a shame that they are in Beechwoods district. They probably won't get the recognition they deserve in the State. They could make a run for it, if Beechwood wasn't in this district. I don't think anyone can make a good argument in saying that Beechwood isn't better. I expect if they have a rematch which would be at Beechwood, that Beechwood wins by at least 3 Td's as I said. I not trying to put Bellevue down, because I was one of the people who thought Bellevue would win to, but now after seeing this game Beechwood is just the better team once again.

I agree with futurecoach here on BW field they win by 3 scores. BW's defense did a great job. Bellvue did what they could hats off to them but what did everyone expect. A one dimensional offense is not going to beat BW. They made good half time adjustments and Bellvue had nothing for them.

The field was the great equalizer tonight. That will not be the case if these two teams meet again. Buckler is a great athlete, but what Bellevue gains with Buckler on a good field Beechwood gains 3 fold. Just too much team speed and overall better athletes for Beechwood. I was not surprised by the heart Bellevue showed. They seem to step it up a notch when Beechwood comes to town. It is a shame that Bellevue is in the same district as Beechwood because they win most other districts. Good luck Bellevue in the playoffs, hoping for a rematch.

Sparkey

All the respect possible for Bellevue. They have a very good football team. Great size up front. I believe their line may be bigger than any of the 5A schools Beechwood played early in the year. They have some good speed. And Buckler ... you just can't say enough about the kid. Great heart and stamina. He has strength, balance and speed. Just an excellent back. A very well coached team.

I am not so sure that the mud helped them as much as others are saying. The fumbled snaps contributed to stalling their offense and those are not going to happen without the mud. Of course Beechwood had snap issues also. When it is all said and done, it all pretty well balanced itself out on the snaps and turnovers. But the mud definitely hampered Beechwood's offense. Colosimo just never could get his footing all night. There were two or three plays where he had openings that he normally explodes through and it just looked like he was running in place. Vocke's style was definitely hampered and the mud prevented Beechwood from getting him as many touches as he normally gets.

The most impressive thing for me tonight from the Beechwood side was their defense. Buckler had the one big run early and that was it. Everything else was a total grind and Beechwood did a great job of adjusting as the game went on. I think Beechwood's defense is getting close to what you expect to see from a Coach Rash defense. They will be further tested next week against NewCath.

The Bellevue Tigers are clearly a top 10 team in 1A IMO. I expect them to be playing Beechwood again in the playoffs and it will be another battle then as well. Congrats to both teams on the effort tonight.

I have to question if certain people were looking into the future or if they were watching the game. I think that is enough said about the future because they obviously have no future as a coach.

Hats off to BW. I thought the field conditions were in Bellevue favor however BW being the good organization they are found a way to hold on to the ball and prevail in the game. I have to question anyone who says this game would have been a blow out on a dry field. Be careful what you wish for. Bellevue fan wished for a wet field it came back to bite them in the. Well you know what I mean. Great game by BW they deserve all the credit for doing what it takes to win. My guess is coach Rash would just assume not see Bellevue in the Playoffs. Bellevue on the 13 yrd line getting read to score with 3 minutes left to take the lead, then the 10 th or 11 th fumble of the day. I don't think that happens on a dry day.

The field was the great equalizer tonight. That will not be the case if these two teams meet again. Buckler is a great athlete, but what Bellevue gains with Buckler on a good field Beechwood gains 3 fold. Just too much team speed and overall better athletes for Beechwood. I was not surprised by the heart Bellevue showed. They seem to step it up a notch when Beechwood comes to town. It is a shame that Bellevue is in the same district as Beechwood because they win most other districts. Good luck Bellevue in the playoffs, hoping for a rematch.

Sparkey

While I respect your opinion, I don't think we were at the same game. The conditions as it turned out did make the difference. Just not the way most would have thought. Bellevue fumbled 11 times turning it over 5 times when they were driving to score and BW had no answers other than for Bellevue to shoot them selfs in the foot. I don't think BW stops them if they don't stop them selfs on 5 different drives. I think Buckler matches Rigdon in speed and I think the overall athleticism has to go to Bellevue. Hats off to Beechwood they found a way to win a game where IMO they were not the clear cut best team. Be as cocky as you want but this game will be a battle if they get to meet again.

I agree with futurecoach here on BW field they win by 3 scores. BW's defense did a great job. Bellvue did what they could hats off to them but what did everyone expect. A one dimensional offense is not going to beat BW. They made good half time adjustments and Bellvue had nothing for them.

:thumb:

Turnovers are part of the game. On a night like that even more so. I can say at least one was caused by pressure. The BW d-lineman split the gap and was hitting Buckler as the handoff was made. He never even got the ball in his hands hardly.

It seems Bellevue turned to being one dimensional last night. May be due to the weather. Buckler had 37 carries according to the paper. How many offensive plays did they run?

BW also stopped themselves on drives, including the opening drive, with fumbles. They drove into BV territory on the opening drive fumbling I believe on 4 th and one. The fake punt on the first drive was wide open and well executed.

Bellevue does have a big line. Surprised they do not play both ways a little more. Seems that size would be hard to run on if they had both of the bigger guys on the d-line. I have only seen them this one time, there may be a good reason. What do I know. Buckler runs very hard and has no quit. The hit he took on the BW sideline was nasty. He was slow to get up,but he did and stayed in. :notworthy:

Beechwood did not get to use all the speed due to the weather and pressure from the BV defense. They kicked away from Vocke on punts. A rematch in the regional final should be a real good game if both teams are fortunate enough to get there.

While I respect your opinion, I don't think we were at the same game. The conditions as it turned out did make the difference. Just not the way most would have thought. Bellevue fumbled 11 times turning it over 5 times when they were driving to score and BW had no answers other than for Bellevue to shoot them selfs in the foot. I don't think BW stops them if they don't stop them selfs on 5 different drives. I think Buckler matches Rigdon in speed and I think the overall athleticism has to go to Bellevue. Hats off to Beechwood they found a way to win a game where IMO they were not the clear cut best team. Be as cocky as you want but this game will be a battle if they get to meet again.

First, I thnik you took Sparkey's "hoping for a rematch" was not being cocky. I think he is rooting for Bellevue to win their playoff games so there is a rematch.

As to your comments above, I think both teams stopped themselves on drives with bad snaps and turnovers. Beechwood's defense did stop Bellevue more than once on drives. Bellevue was forced to punt 3 times I believe and they were stopped on fourth down at least once. So I am not sure Bellevue would have scored even without the botched snap on the last drive. They were struggling to get every yard they could. Plus, remember almost half the yards gained on that last drive were from a questionable facemask penalty on Beechwood.

It will be hard to take anything away from this game and try to use it to judge the next one. The conditions will be very different and we will see more of what both teams have to offer. I think both teams made their offense much more one dimensional than usual due to the conditions. I agree the rematch will be a battle.

I have to question if certain people were looking into the future or if they were watching the game. I think that is enough said about the future because they obviously have no future as a coach.

Wow, could not possibly agree more with a statement made here. papa you nailed this one.