• Pulaski County
    • South Laurel
    • Southwestern
    • Whitley County

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You also thought SW would beat Pulaski by 2 tds. The 7th will not be swept. North would get beat by Pulaski and SW by 3 tds this time of year. But we will never know since North is not in playoffs.:D

North already beat PC, ... nothing left to prove there. We can talk about what time of year it is, but the fact is that North beat PC and as bad as you hate it, ... nothing will change that.

I hate that North has had such a solid turnaround this season, but will miss the playoffs. They are 2-0 against the other district in their region but come playoff time, that means nothing. Just a few seasons ago, district 7 was by far the stronger district of the 2. Now, the tide has turned. Amazing what just a few seasons can do. However, the difference in North Laurel last year and this is is remarkable. Finishing at .500 or better for the first time since 2004 and with a tougher schedule is a big stepping stone. Next year, they will be even better.

They also got beat by Harlan who lost to SW who lost to Pulaski.:idunno:

Do you seriously consider the theory of "they beat someone who beat you, so that means you would lose argument?" Please...:lol:

Besides I wouldn't argue but NL only lost the 2 district games by an extra point and a missed PAT in 10 quarters of play.

Oh and by the way NL beat PC and SL head to head, have I already said that?

3 wishes, you yourself said that the Harlan is a different team than the one that lost to SW in their week one game. Well can't the same logic be used for PC? I mean they are playing about as good as anyone lately ( obviously except for the Barren game which I have no explanation for). Plus it is playoff time and good teams really get rolling at this time, which they are. I am not saying that they will run the table, I just wanted to point out your own logic for thinking one team is better than another.

3 wishes, you yourself said that the Harlan is a different team than the one that lost to SW in their week one game. Well can't the same logic be used for PC? I mean they are playing about as good as anyone lately ( obviously except for the Barren game which I have no explanation for). Plus it is playoff time and good teams really get rolling at this time, which they are. I am not saying that they will run the table, I just wanted to point out your own logic for thinking one team is better than another.

I agree that teams can get better, however, that is not what 1st and Goal is saying, he is completely dismissing the fact that NL won head to head over both #1 and #3 seeds in district 7. Rather he is basing it on how we played against another team that played another team. Everyone knows you cannot base high school football on that logic, it is about matchups. If people do not believe that then there is always a scenario where Betsy Lane should be favored over Trinity.

Do you seriously consider the theory of "they beat someone who beat you, so that means you would lose argument?" Please...:lol:

Besides I wouldn't argue but NL only lost the 2 district games by an extra point and a missed PAT in 10 quarters of play.

Oh and by the way NL beat PC and SL head to head, have I already said that?

You also said SW would beat Pulaski by 2 td's, so lets not start calling yourself Jimmy the Greek just yet!::lol:

Looks like Whitley Co. is (so far) the favorite to come out of Region IV. Are they head and shoulders above the rest, or are there a number of teams (i.e. Letcher Co.) who have just as good of a shot at it as they do?

I think Whitley has to be the favorite. I don't think they are head and shoulders above everyone else in the region like they were last year, but they still have to be #1 IMHO. However, Harlan County and Letcher have real legit shots. PC is playing very well right now and I would not count them out either. They seem to have found their legs as Eastham has adjusted well from WR to QB after the injury to Muse.

Just a few years ago, District 7 was far stronger from top to bottom, but now it has flip flopped and District 8 is the stronger of the two. I think the combination of Whitley's tremendous run last year pushing the rest of the district, the Larkey factor at Harlan and North as well as the downturn at Lincoln and Mercer are the primary reasons for this reversal. But in this area, who knows if they won't flip back in the next few seasons.

I think Whitley has to be the favorite. I don't think they are head and shoulders above everyone else in the region like they were last year, but they still have to be #1 IMHO. However, Harlan County and Letcher have real legit shots. PC is playing very well right now and I would not count them out either. They seem to have found their legs as Eastham has adjusted well from WR to QB after the injury to Muse.

Just a few years ago, District 7 was far stronger from top to bottom, but now it has flip flopped and District 8 is the stronger of the two. I think the combination of Whitley's tremendous run last year pushing the rest of the district, the Larkey factor at Harlan and North as well as the downturn at Lincoln and Mercer are the primary reasons for this reversal. But in this area, who knows if they won't flip back in the next few seasons.

Good observation-:thumb:

IMO after seeing PC play, if they do not win the region then therie season is a failure. All the talent they have and cant win the weak region. I am sick of hearing how PC iws so good and this is the only year they have ever won the dist. Act like you have been there before, but you cant because you havent been there before. Also Hines is under achieved in PC with all of the talent he has had. Give Rock or most teams his talent and watch them win district and maybe region every year.

IMO after seeing PC play, if they do not win the region then therie season is a failure. All the talent they have and cant win the weak region. I am sick of hearing how PC iws so good and this is the only year they have ever won the dist. Act like you have been there before, but you cant because you havent been there before. Also Hines is under achieved in PC with all of the talent he has had. Give Rock or most teams his talent and watch them win district and maybe region every year.
Wow-I think you must have a personal problem with PC-every post is something negative about PC. Was the loss to them that upsetting to you? By the way I don't think the region is week at all.:cry: