Bellevue/Dayton Predictions

Who takes the Paddle?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes the Paddle?

:ylsuper:

This thread is way to calm for Bellevue/Dayton week. Are there any interesting twists or stories about this years game? Does either team have any special surprises for the other?

It would be more interested if Dayton wasn't 0-6, Bellevue is going to be too much for Dayton to handle

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dayton by a field goal.

Dayton 21

Bellevue 20

Doesn't a field goal mean that Dayton will win be 3 instead of 1? This must be from the same style of teaching that has "principle" instead of "prinicpal" on their school website.:eek:

This thread is way to calm for Bellevue/Dayton week. Are there any interesting twists or stories about this years game? Does either team have any special surprises for the other?

I remember about 2 years ago when Bellevue had that "secret weapon" they unleashed on the Devils.

This will be a closer game than people think. These little river school rivalries always produce close games. I do think Bellevue takes it though.

I agree. The game will be close, with Bellevue still taking the game.

I remember about 2 years ago when Bellevue had that "secret weapon" they unleashed on the Devils.

I agree. The game will be close, with Bellevue still taking the game.

There may be another secret weapon about the same size as the last one that will be unleashed this year.

James Sullivan was Daytons best player now he plays for Bellevue. Im saying watch out for some fireworks also Sullivan is going to go crazy. I think Bellevue will run the score up on them. They have nobody that can stop the Big Red Corvette (Ricky Buckler).

Bellevue 42

Dayton 0

Bellevue should win! That being said I think it will be closer than most think. This is one of the oldest rivalry games in the country. Throw the records out the window. If Dayton only wins one game all year it wouldn't shock me if it was this one. Tigers need to stay focused and keep the paddle at Bellevue.

I'm with you on this papa, there's something about the Bellevue/Dayton game and always will be. Throw the records out the window - Dayton will be ready to play - Bellevue will still take the paddle home - but don't take them lightly boys - Bring your A game !!

James Sullivan was Daytons best player now he plays for Bellevue. Im saying watch out for some fireworks also Sullivan is going to go crazy. I think Bellevue will run the score up on them. They have nobody that can stop the Big Red Corvette (Ricky Buckler).

Bellevue 42

Dayton 0

James Sullivan never was, nor never will be Daytons Best Player. A nice little player he was, but not someone you build a team around. Bellevue, by far is the better team, but lets not get carried away. And by the way, even us Old School Dayton fans cant wait to watch Ricky run, always a joy to watch the great ones.

He was indeed. I am not completely sure but I think it had something to do with Tom Cundy, the old famous tennis player from Bellevue.

Cundy and Corso were Frat brothers at Florida state. Cundy asked Corso to come up and speak at the Northern Ketucky Sports Hall of Fame induction banquet. Since it was Dayton week he also asked him to come speak at Bellevue. It really shows what kind of person he is to show up at a little river school like Bellevue.:thumb:

For a guy like Tom Cundy to keep coming back to Bellevue and give the kind of support he does to them is a testament to how special it can be to go to one of the little river schools. To bring his buddy Lee Corso shows Tom is still proud to be a Tiger. Pretty cool event for a small school.