Giants 24 Bucs 0

swamprat

Going back to last season, that makes 7 loses in a row. This is going to be a long season. :irked:

I couldn't agree with you more. I was at the game yesterday and it looked as if more Giants Fans were at the game than Bucs Fans. Also the talk around RayJay yesterday was that the only reason the game wasn't blacked out around that Tampa Area is that Bright House bought 10,000 seats in the Upper Level. Saw on Bay News 9 today that Josh Johnson will start against Washington on Sunday and Leftwich is benched.

I'm a Buc fan and I pretty much figured this would be a long season. There is a ton of transition. I thought they would be down last year and they won the division. It was pretty obvious there were a lot of players that didn't care for Gruden. Morriss had a great rep before the sesaon. This is going to be a tough one but the way the NFL is they could be loaded in 3 years. I think as a Bucs fan you have to realize that NO is loaded, Atl is really good especially on O, Car is talented but beatabale. I would start the young QB soon and let him learn under fire much like Sanchez, Stafford etc. Tampa isn't overly loaded at the WR spot etc but they do have a good TE and a really good run Oline with 3 capable RB's IMO. It's a long crazy season. Anything can happen. I think Tampa knew going in the deck was stacked against them though.

I'm a Buc fan and I pretty much figured this would be a long season. There is a ton of transition. I thought they would be down last year and they won the division. It was pretty obvious there were a lot of players that didn't care for Gruden. Morriss had a great rep before the sesaon. This is going to be a tough one but the way the NFL is they could be loaded in 3 years. I think as a Bucs fan you have to realize that NO is loaded, Atl is really good especially on O, Car is talented but beatabale. I would start the young QB soon and let him learn under fire much like Sanchez, Stafford etc. Tampa isn't overly loaded at the WR spot etc but they do have a good TE and a really good run Oline with 3 capable RB's IMO. It's a long crazy season. Anything can happen. I think Tampa knew going in the deck was stacked against them though.
Michael Clayton needs to go. I've given him the benefit of the doubt for the last 2 seasons, but he simply can't catch. Plain and simple. I lost count of the number of dropped passes he had and he handled that 4th quarter pass in the end zone like it had electrical charge on it or something. It looked like he was trying to drop it.

A really good run O-Line? They had a total net of 28 rushing yards and 15 of those came on one scramble by QB Josh Johnson who obviously led the team in rushing. The other 9 rushing plays gained a whopping 13 yards.

They only ran 36 plays. For a grand total of 86 yards.

They passed for only 58 yards.

They had the ball for only 16 and a half minutes the entire game, that means the Giants had the ball for almost 3 complete quarters.

The Bucs managed 5, I repeat 5, first downs, 4 of which came on the final drive of the game.

How much worse can a team be?

I couldn't agree with you more. I was at the game yesterday and it looked as if more Giants Fans were at the game than Bucs Fans. Also the talk around RayJay yesterday was that the only reason the game wasn't blacked out around that Tampa Area is that Bright House bought 10,000 seats in the Upper Level. Saw on Bay News 9 today that Josh Johnson will start against Washington on Sunday and Leftwich is benched.
Even if the Bucs win at Washington, I don't think Bright House Cable will be able to save the Carolina game, though. The only game you'll see on TV from RayJay that weekend, will be the UC/USF game on the 15th. Glazers still make out and us fans lose. Typical.

Their line looked like it was on the rise last season. What happened? It's the same players.
Different scheme? That line may have worked fine under the West Coast Offense. Maybe firing the Offensive Coordinator and promoting your quarterbacks coach to that position the day before your last preseason game might have something to do with it. Or maybe its just that Gruden > Jagodzinski/Olson.

Even if the Bucs win at Washington, I don't think Bright House Cable will be able to save the Carolina game, though. The only game you'll see on TV from RayJay that weekend, will be the UC/USF game on the 15th. Glazers still make out and us fans lose. Typical.

:laugh: I am actually planning on going to the USF-UC Game, just looking for tickets right now so hopefully I will not see that one on TV. I agree, the Carolina game AT LEAST will be a Blackout.

The Oline was supposed to be the bright spot. They have moved to a zone scheme so maybe it is a case of it just taking time to gel. They were supposed to have one of the better run blocking lines in the league coming into the season.

I'm with you on Clayton. I was done with him 2 years ago. They might as well let the young QB play and get used to the speed of the game. Little to loose IMO. They have 3 capable RB's and a nice TE now. I'd run the rock 70/30 or so then play action.

The Oline was supposed to be the bright spot. They have moved to a zone scheme so maybe it is a case of it just taking time to gel. They were supposed to have one of the better run blocking lines in the league coming into the season.

I'm with you on Clayton. I was done with him 2 years ago. They might as well let the young QB play and get used to the speed of the game. Little to loose IMO. They have 3 capable RB's and a nice TE now. I'd run the rock 70/30 or so then play action.

You're right, Jerramy Stevens is a good TE.

Different scheme? That line may have worked fine under the West Coast Offense. Maybe firing the Offensive Coordinator and promoting your quarterbacks coach to that position the day before your last preseason game might have something to do with it. Or maybe its just that Gruden > Jagodzinski/Olson.

It looks that way. Their line was a huge question mark last year and turned out to be a strength...now it's back to square one.

I don't think Freeman is ready for the NFL right now. It would be a mistake to throw him in there. Plus, they have another young guy they like a lot in Johnson. I think putting Johnson in there now is a good move...find out what you've got with him and let Freeman sit and learn.

JMO