Giants 33 Cowboys 31

They dominated physically. They shut down the Giants run game and then ran all over them on the other side. Not something we expect or are used to seeing with the best offensive and defensive lines in the league, 100% or not.

Tony Romo made some bad passes, the Giants capitalized, and Eli Manning played outstanding. This game was exhibit A for anyone who discounts the importance of QB play in the NFL. Romo's poor play combined with Manning's great play allowed the Giants to win a game they shouldn't have. Props to Eli...one of the best games I've seen him play. But, physically, the Giants got manhandled.

Well said. :thumb:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I didn't watch all of the game, but if you win the turnover battle 4-0, you have a pick 6, your Qb throws for over 300 yards, and you're a superbowl contender you should win. I wouldn't say Dallas dominated, but the Giants can't be happy about the yards Dallas picked up on the ground. Either way it's a huge win for the Giants.

Side question. How does a guy carry the ball 7 times for 96 yards? Shouldn't he have had at least 12 carries?

I agree, the Giants dominated many aspects of the game and should have won by more than 2 points. A few successful red zone appearances and they do win by more than 2.

They dominated physically. They shut down the Giants run game and then ran all over them on the other side. Not something we expect or are used to seeing with the best offensive and defensive lines in the league, 100% or not.

Tony Romo made some bad passes, the Giants capitalized, and Eli Manning played outstanding. This game was exhibit A for anyone who discounts the importance of QB play in the NFL. Romo's poor play combined with Manning's great play allowed the Giants to win a game they shouldn't have. Props to Eli...one of the best games I've seen him play. But, physically, the Giants got manhandled.

Not hardly.

They did shut down the Giants running game in the first half. In the 2nd half they did not. The Giants had just under 100 yards rushing in the 2nd half of last nights game. That doesn't sound like domination to me.

Allowed the Giants to win a game they shouldn't have? Why can we consider Tony Romo's mistakes a slip up and think of it as "Dallas should have won" but we forget that the Giants had many opportunities in the red zone that ended up in field goals, and even a missed field goal. The Giants moved the ball quite a bit on Dallas and left a lot of points on the board. Dallas could have won, but the Giants could have won by more than 2 as well. Dallas dominated with their rushing game, but they got absolutely whipped on both ends of the passing game.

Giants rush defense has to raise some concerns I would think....The Cowboys ran wild on them.

The Giants have a new defensive coordinator. I'm sure some things are different from Spags. In Spags first two games as d-coordinator, the Giants defense was absolutely awful, but after that they were great. Getting Tuck and Canty in there will help out their rushing defense as well.

Dallas ran at will... that's how they were dominant. If they keep running the ball it's not a game. 7 yds a carry and 13yds a carry are unheard of. Instead they keep throwing and lose the turnover battle 4-0. Dallas was WAY better on the ground than the Giants. Dallas secondary is very soft! Giants won the game that's all that matters. By watching the game I felt like Dallas had the better team though. Ran at will and stuffed the run. They could have run the cutback iso play all night and did when it was called. Pretty sorry coaching by Dallas. Jones has to get more touches! Two fluke tipped balls were the difference.

Ny won that's all that matters but as a Dallas fan I feel like they are better especially physically vs NY. I haven't felt that way the last few years.

Okay, they dominated one category of the game. Wow...that's domination? Football is more than running the ball. And Dallas got dominated in many areas, and beat on the scoreboard. I'm just sick of hearing "Dallas dominated" because it's not true.

You sound like Wade Phillips :lol:. Dallas had the better team? The Giants didn't play up to their standards running the ball or on defense, yet they still won a road game in Dallas' brand new stadium. I'll take the Giants as the better team.

And the cutback play isn't necessarily a power rushing play.

And two fluke tips were NOT the difference. First of all, the pass to Manningham wasn't a fluke. It was a tipped ball and Manningham made a good adjustment to catch it. Regardless, even if he hadn't caught it, Eli would have completed the next one, because Dallas' secondary couldn't cover the Giants WR's at all.

As for the Kenny Phillips interception, Dallas almost caught a break there when the refs messed up and robbed Phillips of a touchdown. Was it a fluke? Yeah, but it was also a heads up play by Phillips.

You say those were the difference, I say Antonio Pierce's adjustments to change the defense and move Bruce Johnson right into the perfect position to pick off a Tony Romo pass and return it for a touch down was the difference. I say Eli Manning's ability to pass the ball at will on Dallas was the difference.

Truth be told, neither team was impressive. Both needs to get much better if either wants to go deep in the playoffs. As bad as Dallas was last night, and they were real bad, the Giants were only able to eke out a 2 point win at the end.

No one has anything to crow about from that performance last night.

Hats off to the Giants though for pulling it out.

I agree that the Giants won "ugly". But a win against a NFC East division rival on the road in their brand new stadium is probably going to be ugly. The Giants won ugly against Dallas two years ago in the playoffs, but guess what...

A win is a win is a win.

As for the bolded, I'm very excited with this win, just as any Cowboys fan would have been had Tynes missed that last field goal. Unfortunately for the Cowboy fans though...he didn't. :lol:

Not hardly.

They did shut down the Giants running game in the first half. In the 2nd half they did not. The Giants had just under 100 yards rushing in the 2nd half of last nights game. That doesn't sound like domination to me.

Allowed the Giants to win a game they shouldn't have? Why can we consider Tony Romo's mistakes a slip up and think of it as "Dallas should have won" but we forget that the Giants had many opportunities in the red zone that ended up in field goals, and even a missed field goal. The Giants moved the ball quite a bit on Dallas and left a lot of points on the board. Dallas could have won, but the Giants could have won by more than 2 as well. Dallas dominated with their rushing game, but they got absolutely whipped on both ends of the passing game.

Dallas won decisively in the trenches and lost the game. Plain and simple.

And, that's the first time I've ever heard of a team getting "whipped" in the passing game. :idunno:

Congratulations to the G-Men. This was a big win for them, IMO. Most people had them pegged as a team that would rely on its defense and running game to win most weeks. They showed last night that they can win when the ground game isn't working. If we saw the real Mario Manningham last night, then the Giants have asserted themselves as the clear favorite in the NFC at this point in the season. That was the only question mark on the team and Manningham looked like a stud last night. Fun to watch.

That's why I wish the Titans had Eli under center. They might be 2-0 right now...1-1 at least, IMO.

And, that's the first time I've ever heard of a team getting "whipped" in the passing game. :idunno:

Congratulations to the G-Men. This was a big win for them, IMO. Most people had them pegged as a team that would rely on its defense and running game to win most weeks. They showed last night that they can win when the ground game isn't working. If we saw the real Mario Manningham last night, then the Giants have asserted themselves as the clear favorite in the NFC at this point in the season. That was the only question mark on the team and Manningham looked like a stud last night. Fun to watch.

That's why I wish the Titans had Eli under center. They might be 2-0 right now...1-1 at least, IMO.

Not sure I can agree with the bolded. I think Atlanta and a healthy Philly are the best 2 teams in the NFC.

Not sure I can agree with the bolded. I think Atlanta and a healthy Philly are the best 2 teams in the NFC.

Philly got killed yesterday. Did you miss that?

And, there's no way I'd rate Atlanta ahead of NY. Other than Roddy White and Gonzo, where are they better?

So teams can win the rushing battle, but not passing? Are passing/receiving yards not a statistic anymore?

And I'll give you that Dallas dominated with their rushing game, I've said that repeatedly. However when the Giants were determined to run the ball, they did. The Giants had 68 yards rushing in the 3rd quarter.

And Manningham has looked pretty good the past two weeks. Good enough that I think Hixon has lost his starting job. It should be Manningham, Smith, Hixon, Nicks when he gets back.

5, brother, forget it. You can't win this argument regardless if you're right or not. The horse, he is dead.:deadhorse:

So we should never have discussions here then? You might not believe it, but some people like debating/discussing the games, even if they disagree.

Philly got killed yesterday. Did you miss that?

And, there's no way I'd rate Atlanta ahead of NY. Other than Roddy White and Gonzo, where are they better?

I didn't realize Philly was healthy yesterday. Did you miss that?

I'll take Matty Ice over Eli, and Turner over Jacobs all day long.