Giants 33 Cowboys 31

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you look at my 2nd sentence I said Dallas pass d was bad and so was Romo.

My point was Dallas dominated the game on the ground but for some reason kept throwing. Heck Barber ave about 7 yds a carry which is amazing in the NFL and Jones ave 13! It doesn't take a genius to figure out you are dominating on the ground so keep pounding the ball. That's not even counting Choice. IMO Dallas is good enough to win it all. When you can run the ball at will on NY and Dallas did...then you have to ride that then play action to Witten off of it. To me that is the formula for Dallas to win down the stretch. They have an amazing set of backs that they need to ride! They have the best all around TE in the game that is great of play action. Romo throwing 65 yds downfield to a safety playing center field is not the answer. The defense played good ball. Run d was very good...pass d was bad but they did get a lot of shots on Eli. Hard to keep up when your QB keeps giving them the ball.

The officials were just as bad if not worse to Dallas. They stunk all together. Without the ball bouncing off Wittens heals like a magnet to Phillips and the tipped pass landing right in the WR's hands the game would probably be different. Like I said NY got the breaks. That's life. Much like UK and I'm a UK fan you'll take the games you were outplayed and win.

Both teams are going to be a tough out this year IMO. I'm with you on Eli. He is like Big Ben. Something I don't really like about them but when they keep on winning it's hard to dispute. Both obviously have amazing defenses and run games or they wouldn't be talked about but over the last couple of years they have played well in the clutch for the most part. Eli played a good game tonight.

If you look at my 2nd sentence I said Dallas pass d was bad and so was Romo.

My point was Dallas dominated the game on the ground but for some reason kept throwing. Heck Barber ave about 7 yds a carry which is amazing in the NFL and Jones ave 13! It doesn't take a genius to figure out you are dominating on the ground so keep pounding the ball. That's not even counting Choice. IMO Dallas is good enough to win it all. When you can run the ball at will on NY and Dallas did...then you have to ride that then play action to Witten off of it. To me that is the formula for Dallas to win down the stretch. They have an amazing set of backs that they need to ride! They have the best all around TE in the game that is great of play action. Romo throwing 65 yds downfield to a safety playing center field is not the answer. The defense played good ball. Run d was very good...pass d was bad but they did get a lot of shots on Eli. Hard to keep up when your QB keeps giving them the ball.

The officials were just as bad if not worse to Dallas. They stunk all together. Without the ball bouncing off Wittens heals like a magnet to Phillips and the tipped pass landing right in the WR's hands the game would probably be different. Like I said NY got the breaks. That's life. Much like UK and I'm a UK fan you'll take the games you were outplayed and win.

Both teams are going to be a tough out this year IMO. I'm with you on Eli. He is like Big Ben. Something I don't really like about them but when they keep on winning it's hard to dispute. Both obviously have amazing defenses and run games or they wouldn't be talked about but over the last couple of years they have played well in the clutch for the most part. Eli played a good game tonight.

And my point is Dallas didn't dominate anything but the running game. And that won't be as easy the next time they play if Tuck and Canty are in there. Dallas does have a good set of running backs though.

The Giants were not out played, so that doesn't mean much here.

I'll take back what I said about the NYG WR during the preseason. They played awesome yesterday. Dallas' DB's, with the exception of Sensabaugh, were terrified to try to tackle any Giants RB. Romo still sucks. Phillips and Garrett will be gone. Giants are sitting very nicely in the East.

ONLY buy RETIRED players jerseys...or Franchise QB's that you really like. If I were a Giants fan, it would be Phil Simms, LT, or Strahan for me. Cowboys jersey's...I have Aikman and Tony Dorsett.

Everyone keeps saying Dallas dominated. How did they dominate?

Total Net Yards

Giants: 427

Cowboys: 378

Takeaways

Giants: 4

Cowboys: 0

Score

Giants 33

Cowboys 31

I didn't watch all of the game, but if you win the turnover battle 4-0, you have a pick 6, your Qb throws for over 300 yards, and you're a superbowl contender you should win. I wouldn't say Dallas dominated, but the Giants can't be happy about the yards Dallas picked up on the ground. Either way it's a huge win for the Giants.

Side question. How does a guy carry the ball 7 times for 96 yards? Shouldn't he have had at least 12 carries?

The Dallas D played masterfully, but Romo pretty much gave the game away. He was garbage last night. That is what I cannot stand about Romo, you never know what you are going to get. Sometimes he plays great, then some games he cannot do anything but hurt you. I think he gets most of the blame for the loss. The D played good considering the situations they were having to play in.

And my point is Dallas didn't dominate anything but the running game. And that won't be as easy the next time they play if Tuck and Canty are in there. Dallas does have a good set of running backs though.

The Giants were not out played, so that doesn't mean much here.

Truth be told, neither team was impressive. Both needs to get much better if either wants to go deep in the playoffs. As bad as Dallas was last night, and they were real bad, the Giants were only able to eke out a 2 point win at the end.

No one has anything to crow about from that performance last night.

Hats off to the Giants though for pulling it out.

Romo is terrible, again. The Dallas secondary is terrible and soft with the exception of Hamlin, and he did not play well last night. Wade Phillips has got to go. Take Garrett with him. Dallas better hope Barber is not hurt too bad.

Dallas ran at will... that's how they were dominant. If they keep running the ball it's not a game. 7 yds a carry and 13yds a carry are unheard of. Instead they keep throwing and lose the turnover battle 4-0. Dallas was WAY better on the ground than the Giants. Dallas secondary is very soft! Giants won the game that's all that matters. By watching the game I felt like Dallas had the better team though. Ran at will and stuffed the run. They could have run the cutback iso play all night and did when it was called. Pretty sorry coaching by Dallas. Jones has to get more touches! Two fluke tipped balls were the difference.

Ny won that's all that matters but as a Dallas fan I feel like they are better especially physically vs NY. I haven't felt that way the last few years.

Everyone keeps saying Dallas dominated. How did they dominate?

Total Net Yards

Giants: 427

Cowboys: 378

Takeaways

Giants: 4

Cowboys: 0

Score

Giants 33

Cowboys 31

They dominated physically. They shut down the Giants run game and then ran all over them on the other side. Not something we expect or are used to seeing with the best offensive and defensive lines in the league, 100% or not.

Tony Romo made some bad passes, the Giants capitalized, and Eli Manning played outstanding. This game was exhibit A for anyone who discounts the importance of QB play in the NFL. Romo's poor play combined with Manning's great play allowed the Giants to win a game they shouldn't have. Props to Eli...one of the best games I've seen him play. But, physically, the Giants got manhandled.