September 21, 200917 yr Healthy or not, they lost by 26 on their home field. BTW, the defense was healthy, wasn't it? Kolb didn't play that bad. They got killed. There's not a big difference in Turner and Jacobs, other than Turner gets more carries. You could call it a push, but I like the Giants backfield as a whole better. I'm a big fan of Ahmad Bradshaw. I do like Ryan, but at this point, the only place he's better than Eli is on a fantasy football team. :thumb:
September 21, 200917 yr Author Now you do... Such an excellent retort. Dallas Cowboys’ owner Jerry Jones should have been more careful about what he wished for. On a Dallas radio station last Friday, Jones was asked if he hand-picked the Giants for the team he wanted to face for the grand opening of his new $1.2 billion stadium. “I did,” replied Jones. “I got to basically have real input into who we’d be playing.” Big mistake Jerry. Big mistake... “It was the ugliest homecoming they’ve ever asked to come,” said LB Antonio Pierce after the game. “We appreciate the welcoming. We appreciate the 100,000 people cheering us on. And it was good watching ourselves on TV (the Cowboys’ new jumbo video screen).” “This is definitely one of the best things I’ve ever been a part of, just coming in here and ruining this whole thing for them,” said HB Brandon Jacobs. “I love it.” “That’s when (Eli’s) the best,” said Pierce. “When we go no-huddle or up-tempo, you don’t want it in the hands of nobody else but No.10. He finds a way.” “A division opponent on the road, the biggest crowd ever, Sunday night football, and a two-minute drive — it doesn’t get any better than that,” Manning said. Quotes from http://www.bigblueinteractive.com
September 21, 200917 yr So we should never have discussions here then? You might not believe it, but some people like debating/discussing the games, even if they disagree. No. A discussion is when folks make points and there is some give and take. Dude you cry when people give you grief about being a blatant homer, yet you fail to see that you are one. Please take a few moments to leave the body of HB20 and read the thread objectively. I think that most opinions are that the Cowboys "out-physicalled" the Gmen and you won't acknowledge that. And I don't mean this in any mean spirited way, but that's what we've come to expect. And that's okay. Just please lighten up when you get called out on it.
September 21, 200917 yr Author No. A discussion is when folks make points and there is some give and take. Dude you cry when people give you grief about being a blatant homer, yet you fail to see that you are one. Please take a few moments to leave the body of HB20 and read the thread objectively. I think that most opinions are that the Cowboys "out-physicalled" the Gmen and you won't acknowledge that. And I don't mean this in any mean spirited way, but that's what we've come to expect. And that's okay. Just please lighten up when you get called out on it. Where is the give and take around here? Because I don't see it from many people at all. I understand that a lot of the grief I get for being a Giants fan is brought on myself, and I'm fine with that. I'm fine with people talking to me about the Giants in a Giants thread. When I complain (or as you put it, "cry") about the Giants being brought up is when I'm discussing something that is not even Giants related. That has happened far too much. We are griped at for sticking to the topic around here but when I complain about someone going off topic, I'm labeled as someone who cries. I'll be the first to point out when the Giants do something wrong, and whether you believe it or not (I don't really care either way) I can see things objectively. Do I always post exactly what I think here? No, not really. But that is for another discussion anyways. I honestly could not care less if anyone here thinks the Giants got physically dominated. The only reason that was brought up was because I asked how they got "dominated". Everyone kept stating they were just straight up dominated, like they were lucky to be in the game. If someone thinks that is the case, they watched a different game. The Giants could have, and probably should have won by more than 2 points. Which tells me they were not dominated at all. It tells me that the Giants made a lot of mistakes and didn't really play to the best of their ability, but they still won. I'll take that every day. And I'm done discussing whether or not I'm a homer or whether or not I cry with you. It seems like everywhere I go lately in the pro sports forum, you follow accusing me of being a homer or a cry baby. I would rather not be insulted every time I turn around, I get it. You think I'm a homer. How many times do you need to say it? Feel free to respond, but if it is more about me and less about the thread topic, I'll probably ignore it.
September 21, 200917 yr I honestly could not care less if anyone here thinks the Giants got physically dominated. The only reason that was brought up was because I asked how they got "dominated". Everyone kept stating they were just straight up dominated, like they were lucky to be in the game. If someone thinks that is the case, they watched a different game. The Giants could have, and probably should have won by more than 2 points. Which tells me they were not dominated at all. It tells me that the Giants made a lot of mistakes and didn't really play to the best of their ability, but they still won. I'll take that every day. Are you serious? The Cowboys gave away this game just as much as the Giants earned it. Luck also played quite a nice role for the Giants.
September 21, 200917 yr Are you serious? The Cowboys gave away this game just as much as the Giants earned it. Luck also played quite a nice role for the Giants. :thumb: I think that's fairly obvious to almost everyone.
September 21, 200917 yr Where is the give and take around here? Because I don't see it from many people at all. I understand that a lot of the grief I get for being a Giants fan is brought on myself, and I'm fine with that. I'm fine with people talking to me about the Giants in a Giants thread. When I complain (or as you put it, "cry") about the Giants being brought up is when I'm discussing something that is not even Giants related. That has happened far too much. We are griped at for sticking to the topic around here but when I complain about someone going off topic, I'm labeled as someone who cries. I'll be the first to point out when the Giants do something wrong, and whether you believe it or not (I don't really care either way) I can see things objectively. Do I always post exactly what I think here? No, not really. But that is for another discussion anyways. I honestly could not care less if anyone here thinks the Giants got physically dominated. The only reason that was brought up was because I asked how they got "dominated". Everyone kept stating they were just straight up dominated, like they were lucky to be in the game. If someone thinks that is the case, they watched a different game. The Giants could have, and probably should have won by more than 2 points. Which tells me they were not dominated at all. It tells me that the Giants made a lot of mistakes and didn't really play to the best of their ability, but they still won. I'll take that every day. And I'm done discussing whether or not I'm a homer or whether or not I cry with you. It seems like everywhere I go lately in the pro sports forum, you follow accusing me of being a homer or a cry baby. I would rather not be insulted every time I turn around, I get it. You think I'm a homer. How many times do you need to say it? Feel free to respond, but if it is more about me and less about the thread topic, I'll probably ignore it. Guess that stepping out of HB thing didn't happen. Bottom line, I watched the entire game and the Giants won a game they should have lost. That's the sign of a good season about to unfold. Good luck to your Giants. Didn't mean to step on your toes. I obviously have hit a nerve. So, I apologize.
September 21, 200917 yr Author Guess that stepping out of HB thing didn't happen. Bottom line, I watched the entire game and the Giants won a game they should have lost. That's the sign of a good season about to unfold. Good luck to your Giants. Didn't mean to step on your toes. I obviously have hit a nerve. So, I apologize. Yeah the Giants won a game they should have lost, even though they had more total yards, won the turnover battle and scored more points. Fact of the matter is, the Giants took advantage of the other teams mistakes. And some of those mistakes were caused by great defensive plays. The fumble, caused by a Giants player. The first interception returned for a touchdown? Happened because Pierce changed the defense at the last moment. The Kenny Phillips interception? A little luck involved, along with a very good play by Phillips. The 2nd Kenny Phillips interception? Tony Romo made a terrible throw. The Giants scored 24 points off of turnovers and won a divisional game on the road. Is that not what a good team does? I guess all that matters is the team that wins the actual game, gets the win and not the team that "should have won".
September 21, 200917 yr Author Are you serious? The Cowboys gave away this game just as much as the Giants earned it. Luck also played quite a nice role for the Giants. Are you serious? The Giants had a missed 29 yard field goal, and settled for field goals far too many times inside the red zone. The Giants should have won by 10-14 points.
September 21, 200917 yr Romo had a countless number of unforced mistakes that cost the Cowboys. Shoot, if he's able to eliminate just one of them, HB would be nowhere to found today.
September 21, 200917 yr Author Romo had a countless number of unforced mistakes that cost the Cowboys. Shoot, if he's able to eliminate just one of them, HB would be nowhere to found today. You must not pay attention. I'm here when the Giants lose as well. But thankfully in sports "if's" don't count. And I'd say that having one of the best pash rushing defenses in the league coming at you is hard to deal with and will make anyone rush a few throws.
September 21, 200917 yr Author :lol: Lots of good photos from the Cowboys organization last night. First the Phillips picture, now this.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.