BGP Poll Accuracy!

HouseofPain

I was wondering how accurate are the polls at the top of each game prediction threads. Does anyone know what percentage does the team that is leading in the poll actually wins on Friday night. I think it posses an interesting question does anyone have an answer? If not what are everyones opinion on the subject! :idunno:

We can add a poll and see

Add a poll to see if people the BGP polls are accurate or not, that is to funny:laugh: I have accually worked at places that has had meetings to see if we needed to have a meeting about something.

What the heck, add a poll I would be curious to see if there are more people who think the BGP polls hold up on Friday's than think they do not!

I doubt that poll numbers are that accurate. I know that I will never vote that someone will beat Rockcastle, whether I like our chances or not. How could I tell my son to his face, "Play your heart out for a win, I believe in you" in a game and then come on here and say, "I pick Boyle to win by twenty"? I try to be positive about every game that they play, whether I expect a win or not. BTW...This week I expect a win. :D

From info gathered from all polls available to access, polls were correct 99 times, wrong 31, and the result was tied twice. This means 75% of the time they were correct, 23.5% incorrect, and tied 1.5%. Trends show that the most unpredictable area was what is the 16th region in basketball, with the majority those other upsets being located in NKY and the southeast.

From info gathered from all polls available to access, polls were correct 99 times, wrong 31, and the result was tied twice. This means 75% of the time they were correct, 23.5% incorrect, and tied 1.5%. Trends show that the most unpredictable area was what is the 16th region in basketball, with the majority those other upsets being located in NKY and the southeast.
Very impressive work Grizzly33! :thumb:

I have to work tonight 4-8AM. I will have an answer for yall by 8 of the actual count of poll accuracy starting with the 1st available poll on the 13 current pages in the football forum.

From info gathered from all polls available to access...

How do I get a job like that????!!

I doubt that poll numbers are that accurate. I know that I will never vote that someone will beat Rockcastle, whether I like our chances or not. How could I tell my son to his face, "Play your heart out for a win, I believe in you" in a game and then come on here and say, "I pick Boyle to win by twenty"? I try to be positive about every game that they play, whether I expect a win or not. BTW...This week I expect a win. :D

That is why I asked the queston. I would say that most fans vote for their home team no matter what but the rest of the BGP faithfull usually votes in a manner that reflects how they actually believe the game will go. Also, I noticed last year at one point that the BGP polls were getting most if not all games correct, I mean everyone knows that the KY high school football fans, coaches and players are the smartest football minds in the world! :D. I also want to say thanks to grizzly33 for the information he provided, I think 75% is pretty good for forum polls.

Thanks for your support!:rolleyes:

You can roll your eyes all you want. I wasn't slamming the Rams. No one thought they'd be 1-3 so far. That's why the polls in those threads have been out of whack. That coupled with the enormous number of Raceland posters that wouldn't publicly dare vote against the Rams. So, you can relax with the paranoia.:sssh::rolleyes:

You can roll your eyes all you want. I wasn't slamming the Rams. No one thought they'd be 1-3 so far. That's why the polls in those threads have been out of whack. That coupled with the enormous number of Raceland posters that wouldn't publicly dare vote against the Rams. So, you can relax with the paranoia.:sssh::rolleyes:

Now I understand your point of view:thumb:. Have you said this instead of quoting me and saying what you did I wouldn't have blinked an eye. I would've simply agreed with you. I guess it's because everyone was quick to say congrats last year. But everyones been even quicker to insult or say things this year. I apologize for taking your post wrong.:isurrender: