NFC Defensive Rookie of the Year-B.J. Raji-Green Bay Packers

AFC Champs-New England Patriots

NFC Champs-Philadelphia Eagles

Super Bowl Champs-New England Patriots.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying without Burress they couldn't win. I'm saying with Burress they would have had a much better shot at winning.

There is a big difference in losing a key player mid season and starting a new season without him. Hixon and Smith were forced to play more immediately. Now they have both had that experience, along with an entire offense to practice with their QB and learn and become better players. Do I think they will dominate? I'm not sure. But I think they'll be better than they were last year.

Domenik Hixon will probably start for Burress. He's a different kind of player than Burress. In a limited role last year he showed flashes that he could be very good. A long with Hixon the Giants have Steve Smith, Sinorice Moss, Hakeem Nicks, Ramses Barden, and David Tyree. Not to mention Kevin Boss at TE who has been getting better and better.

Eli is on record stating he doesn't even know who will start at WR this year. That can't be a good thing at this point of the preseason. I think they struggle in that role big time.

Each Division Winner

NFL MVP

NFL Defensive Player of the Year

NFC/AFC Rookies of the Year

NFC/AFC Champs

Super Bowl Champs

AFC East-New England Patriots

AFC North-Pittsburgh Steelers

AFC South-Indianapolis Colts

AFC West-San Diego Chargers

NFC East-Philadelphia Eagles

NFC North-Green Bay Packers

NFC South-Atlanta Falcons

NFC West-Arizona Cardinals

AFC Wildcard-Tennessee Titans, Baltimore Ravens

NFC Wildcard-Carolina Panthers, New Orleans Saints

NFL MVP-Tom Brady-New England Patriots

NFL Defensive Player of the Year-Ed Reed-Baltimore Ravens

AFC Offensive Rookie of the Year-Donald Brown-Indianapolis Colts

AFC Defensive Rookie of the Year-Tyson Jackson-Kansas City Chiefs

NFC Offensive Rookie of the Year-Jeremy Maclin-Philadelphia Eagles

NFC Defensive Rookie of the Year-B.J. Raji-Green Bay Packers

AFC Champs-New England Patriots

NFC Champs-Philadelphia Eagles

Super Bowl Champs-New England Patriots.

Solid picks Purple.

Each Division Winner

NFL MVP

NFL Defensive Player of the Year

NFC/AFC Rookies of the Year

NFC/AFC Champs

Super Bowl Champs

What say you...

AFC East- Patriots

AFC North- Pittsburgh

AFC South- Colts

AFC West- Chargers

AFC Wildcard:

Jets and Ravens

NFC East- Giants

NFC North- Vikings

NFC South- Saints

NFC West- Cardinals

NFC Wildcard:

Eagles and Seahawks

NFL MVP:

Adrian Peterson

NFL Defensive Player of the Year:

Justin Tuck

AFC Rookie of the Year:

Matt Sanchez

NFC Rookie of the Year:

Aaron Curry

AFC Champs:

Colts

NFC Champs:

Giants

Superbowl Champs:

Giants

Eli is on record stating he doesn't even know who will start at WR this year. That can't be a good thing at this point of the preseason. I think they struggle in that role big time.

Eli isn't the coach. He's not going to end the competition for wide receiver before it begins :lol:. That's what the preseason and training camp is for...

I'm not saying without Burress they couldn't win. I'm saying with Burress they would have had a much better shot at winning.

There is a big difference in losing a key player mid season and starting a new season without him. Hixon and Smith were forced to play more immediately. Now they have both had that experience, along with an entire offense to practice with their QB and learn and become better players. Do I think they will dominate? I'm not sure. But I think they'll be better than they were last year.

Domenik Hixon will probably start for Burress. He's a different kind of player than Burress. In a limited role last year he showed flashes that he could be very good. A long with Hixon the Giants have Steve Smith, Sinorice Moss, Hakeem Nicks, Ramses Barden, and David Tyree. Not to mention Kevin Boss at TE who has been getting better and better.

That is a below average receiving core IMO....

That is a below average receiving core IMO....

Based on last year they're very average, or below average. But Nicks and Barden haven't even gotten a shot yet so we'll see. They could pleasantly surprise Giants fans.

I think having a dominant run game will open it up.

Oh and I forgot Mario Manningham. He's got a shot at getting a lot of PT for the Giants as well and I've heard he's had a pretty good off season so far.

Based on last year they're very average, or below average. But Nicks and Barden haven't even gotten a shot yet so we'll see. They could pleasantly surprise Giants fans.

I think having a dominant run game will open it up.

Oh and I forgot Mario Manningham. He's got a shot at getting a lot of PT for the Giants as well and I've heard he's had a pretty good off season so far.

The likelihood of either Nicks or Barden having more than a minimal impact is pretty slim. The running game also lost a big part with Ward going to Tampa. I just don't see them coming anywhere close to the past 2 seasons.

The likelihood of either Nicks or Barden having more than a minimal impact is pretty slim. The running game also lost a big part with Ward going to Tampa. I just don't see them coming anywhere close to the past 2 seasons.

The Giants running game has lost pieces every year and it never misses a beat.

They lost Tiki a few years ago and people questioned whether Jacobs could do very well. He did. Then Ward came in and played well along side Jacobs, but Ward got hurt at the end of the 07 season and people wondered who would replace him? Ahmad Bradshaw came in and ran very well for the last two weeks of the season and throughout the playoffs. Then Ward came back and people didn't know who would play, Ward or Bradshaw? And Ward and Jacobs then both had over 1000 yards rushing.

The Giants running game is good mainly because of their offensive line. Jacobs being the size of a defensive lineman and as fast as a corner helps...but with that line, they will run the ball well. There is no doubt in my mind about that.