Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pitino: I had relations with Sypher

Featured Replies

This takes some of the air out of the UofL fans calling Coach Cal shady.......

Too bad for Pitino he will be out when they get the new arena!

  • Replies 284
  • Views 29.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What about a guy that does both? :sssh:
Beat me to it.

 

Seriously guys, how is this a shocker? The rumors have been going on since the middle of the UK days (with cheerleaders and the like). To me this isn't nearly a big of a deal as some want to make it. Though I think Pitino does leave as soon as he can just to get out of the spotlight.

I've never been asked if I wanted to be seated in the sex, or no sex section at a restaurant. Is it that way in all Louisville restaurants?

What is the name of this restaurant? Pork-Cini's?

 

 

As a Card fan this is dissapointing. I mean, everyone knew this was the story. But now it's official. He didn't do anything illegal, so I don't think he will be dismissed. But this sure is troubling, and I think it has killed UofL on the recruiting scene this summer.

 

I will always be a UofL fan, no matter who the coach is. But I must admit, I'm not a big fan of Pitino now.

He has embarrassed the university. I think it is grounds for a firing but I dont think it will happen. However, I thought I saw a quote from somewhere that this news is new to the UL President.

1) She extorted someone. It won't be dropped

2) It's not illegal to pay, or try to pay, someone for an abortion.

3) The police AND FBI have questioned her about her allegations of rape and have dismissed her story as not credible.

4) It's not illegal to be immoral. It IS illegal to extort.

 

She is a sleaze...he is a sleaze but happens to have money.

 

I find it highly doubtful that the University will do anything, especially dismissing him. Unless of course they plan to reprimand everyone on their staff who has had or will have an extra-marital affair.

 

I think they got grounds for it. Conduct unbecoming of an employee...high profile character, high profile program...National Enquirer headlines.

 

I have been convinced for a while that is the delay on Teague giving a verbal as his dad is very tight with Pitino and his recruitment has played out WAY longer than expected. Very likely this is the last year Rick coaches the Cards IMO...

Possibly so...

Why argue over whether he had an affair or a one night stand. Either way he cheated on his wife and paid to have an abortion. That is very pathetic.

 

I am a huge UofL fan, but that's just wrong. There's no way to spin it. I'm not saying you fire him or punish him for his actions, because it happened 7 years ago and it was personal in nature. But it sure is a PR nightmare.

 

The story is already getting national headlines and has obviously hurt the program this summer. First Richard leaves, this is a big hit in recruiting. Tyler decommits and goes to Europe, Martin decommits, Melo and Teague never commit. The school went out and spent a ton of money to bring in Willard (makes sense now) because they knew they needed a stable, older coach on staff just in case.

 

Of course fans of other schools are going to pile on, that's just how it is. There's no sense in acting like Pitino did nothing wrong though, he did. He is human like the rest of us and we all make mistakes.

It could get ugly on the road....chants of "Coathanger...Coathanger" would get people's attention. Comes with the territory.

 

Keep in mind this guy is in his own world.....for Pete's sake, he has a Priest at every game.....I don't think he cares what the "road folks" will say.

I think its comical now to look back and see him speak of Father Bradley and carry his Catholicism on his sleeve, and to now go public with this...

Will the church boot him?

 

I feel for the families on both sides of this. Sypher and Pitino not so much.

 

Was she really going to Porkcini's to interview for a job at the C-J?

 

Can you imagine what it will be like for Pitino to do in-home visits this fall?

 

I still think he gave her money over the last few years to keep her quiet...paid in cash. Then he probably cut her off or she got greedy and tried to extort it.

It could get ugly on the road....chants of "Coathanger...Coathanger" would get people's attention. Comes with the territory.

 

 

I think that is going to be a new chant at Rupp Arena this year :D

Rick Pitino...the new spokesman for Trojan Latex Condoms says "Don't leave home without it"

So now everyone knows Rick is telling the truth. I think I've said this before, but I know someone that worked very closely with Rick when he was at UK. a They said if his lips are moving he's lying and that's from someone that likes him. So take his word for what it's worth.

You can not fire a basketball coach for something you wouldn't fire a teacher for... I don't care how famous he or she is...

 

Duece if you didn't know Kentucky is an at will employment state and you can fire someone because of any reason. Especially if it is making your compnay organization( UofL ) look bad or look negatively in the public eye. So the Pitino can't be fired for what he has done is a completely wrong way to look at it. He has disgraced UofL and the city of Louisville. He can be dismissed for that.

I didn't know that you could have your dessert in bed at Porcini's.

1) She extorted someone. It won't be dropped

2) It's not illegal to pay, or try to pay, someone for an abortion.

3) The police AND FBI have questioned her about her allegations of rape and have dismissed her story as not credible.

4) It's not illegal to be immoral. It IS illegal to extort.

 

:thumb:

As a Cards fan and a fan of Rick P. I am disapointed. But I will say this, this has nothing to do with me or anyone else. This is a private matter between he and his family. I hate that it has been made public and has hurt his rep.

 

Now as it relates to basketball.

1. He brought in a guy to help run the team to get through this tough time.

2. With the addition of Willard, it shows me he plans to stay.

3. I look for him to get through this and work hard to prove he can coach.

 

4. Like a good ole coach by the name of Billy Clyde once said

"Winning changes everything"

 

So win and keep your clothes on.

So now everyone knows Rick is telling the truth. I think I've said this before, but I know someone that worked very closely with Rick when he was at UK. a They said if his lips are moving he's lying and that's from someone that likes him. So take his word for what it's worth.

Dead on.

 

One of the biggest manipulators of the truth....ever! Dishonest, but smooth as silk.

1. The case for extortion will go forward, this changes nothing on that front.

2. I had always heard the rumors about Pitino, but this confirms it. The affair is sleazy, but not illegal. However, on moral grounds, I do have an issue with his actions.

3. I have an even bigger issue with paying for the abortion. IMO, as a Catholic Christian, beyond the affair, this is an even bigger deal to me and this is what Pitino claims to be. I know that we all sin and fall short of the grace of God, but he compounded the problem by adding another wrong to what he had already done.

4. I don't understand why the article I read stated that the priest he normally has pray at games hasn't returned phone calls. What does he have to do with any of this? Do they think that the priest will reveal what sins Pitino may or may not have confessed? This has NOTHING to do with the priest.

 

I have always thought Pitino was a great coach, and still do. However, I would not want him coaching the team I cheer for with this new information that has come to light.

 

And to answer one poster who thinks UK fans would react differently if Pitino were the UK coach, ... this UK fan would feel the same regardless.

I've always been a somewhat begrudging fan of Pitino. I loved him for what he did at UK and he broke my heart when he went to the Celtics. As a UK student, I sometimes saw him at church in Lexington. The adultery is one thing--and it makes me sick--but as a fellow Catholic, the abortion is something else. I can't get over that I no longer will be a fan of his. This is JMHO.

I've always been a somewhat begrudging fan of Pitino. I loved him for what he did at UK and he broke my heart when he went to the Celtics. As a UK student, I sometimes saw him at church in Lexington. The adultery is one thing--and it makes me sick--but as a fellow Catholic, the abortion is something else. I can't get over that I no longer will be a fan of his. This is JMHO.

 

:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.