Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pitino: I had relations with Sypher

Featured Replies

Let's think for a moment.......

 

What if she had the baby? With the child support Rick would have had to pay, it is a nineteen year annuity?

 

I wonder how Rick sold her on having an abortion? Or, I wonder and am guessing that Rick was paying her all along up until the divorce proceedings of the Syphers. I think when the money stopped, Karen Sypher started talking.

  • Replies 284
  • Views 29.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is not how the statement in the report reads and you know it. You can spin it that way but that's all it is, a spin. She told him she was having an abortion but didn't have insurance. He asked how much it was? You, I, and everyone that has read that report knows he wasn't asking her how much the insurance was. It's laughable to try to spin it that way. He asked her how much the abortion was and she said $3000. Whether he thought she was really pregnant or not doesn't matter. If she was then he just gave her $3000 to cover the abortion and to go away. No one that wants and abortion goes out to and gets health insurance first so the insurance will pay for it.
It actually has everything to with the subject for those passing judgment on the issue of abortion. If he doesn't think she is pregnant than in his mind he isn't funding her abortion. As if he would even have a say in that matter anyhow....

Anyone read Jason Whitlock's article today?

Hilarious.

Says Pitino is the greatest sports victim to the biggest dynasty of them all.

It is not a Pitino slam altogether but a funny take nonetheless.

Let's think for a moment.......

 

What if she had the baby? With the child support Rick would have had to pay, it is a nineteen year annuity?

 

I wonder how Rick sold her on having an abortion? Or, I wonder and am guessing that Rick was paying her all along up until the divorce proceedings of the Syphers. I think when the money stopped, Karen Sypher started talking.

"Um, like I said before, you know, this is not something that, uh, you know, I can decide on. I think that the best thing in all scenarios is to go through with it, but that it has to be your call because it's the, it's uh, (inaudible)."

 

http://fox41.com/Global/story.asp?S=10921650&nav=menu1404_1

You can choose what you believe but that is what his lawyer is saying.

 

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4394257

I'm asking you, by the statement he made, where it says he asked how much it would cost, what you think he meant. Not what he's saying, not what his lawyer is saying, not what it could mean, what you think based on the statement you quoted at the top. Where she said she wanted to get an abortion but she didn't have medical insurance and he asked how much it would cost and gave her $3,000.

I'm asking you, by the statement he made, where it says he asked how much it would cost, what you think he meant. Not what he's saying, not what his lawyer is saying, not what it could mean, what you think based on the statement you quoted at the top. Where she said she wanted to get an abortion but she didn't have medical insurance and he asked how much it would cost and gave her $3,000.
In the long run it really doesn't matter, because she said she would get an abortion with it, but the statement, as read, is ambiguous, (which was the point of my response to begin with) and the only clarification we have received is such that the payment was for insurance.

 

I heard on the radio that an abortion cost was closer to $300 not $3000. Furthermore if the Sypher recordings are legitamate, Pitino was putting the choice in her hands. Should she have not chosen to have the abortion, is it at all likely he would have wanted her to have insurance? I could see why he might.

 

So the moral of the story is if we had already had healthcare reform back then than we wouldn't be having this arguement.

In the long run it really doesn't matter, because she said she would get an abortion with it, but the statement, as read, is ambiguous, (which was the point of my response to begin with) and the only clarification we have received is such that the payment was for insurance.

 

I heard on the radio that an abortion cost was closer to $300 not $3000. Furthermore if the Sypher recordings are legitamate, Pitino was putting the choice in her hands. Should she have not chosen to have the abortion, is it at all likely he would have wanted her to have insurance? I could see why he might.

 

So the moral of the story is if we had already had healthcare reform back then than we wouldn't be having this arguement.

You've danced around answering it a thousand and one ways, and you're clearly not going to answer my question, so whatever. If I had to guess, you think the same thing the rest of us do, that he knew perfectly well what he was giving her money for.

 

As to putting the choice in her hands, if someone tells me they'd kill themselves if only they had a gun, and I put a gun in their hands, the choice is still theirs whether or not they pull the trigger. But that doesn't mean I didn't know what the likely outcome was going to be. The fact of the matter is she told him the specific end goal, and whether he gave her $3,000 for the abortion or $3,000 for the insurance is beside the point. He still knew what she intended to do and enabled her to do it.

What part did I make up? What I said is based on what the police report says. If that isn't correct blame the police not me. And who said anything about cover up money? I said to cover the abortion, as in cover the cost.

You said to make the situation go away, that's the same thing as cover up money.

You said to make the situation go away, that's the same thing as cover up money.

Actually that's what others were saying. I used it in my post because of that.

"It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'it' is" ...

You've danced around answering it a thousand and one ways, and you're clearly not going to answer my question, so whatever. If I had to guess, you think the same thing the rest of us do, that he knew perfectly well what he was giving her money for.

 

As to putting the choice in her hands, if someone tells me they'd kill themselves if only they had a gun, and I put a gun in their hands, the choice is still theirs whether or not they pull the trigger. But that doesn't mean I didn't know what the likely outcome was going to be. The fact of the matter is she told him the specific end goal, and whether he gave her $3,000 for the abortion or $3,000 for the insurance is beside the point. He still knew what she intended to do and enabled her to do it.

The very first thing I thought after I read that sentence is "which does "it" mean". But I also aknowledged that it doesn't really matter it all ended up in the same action. My post was to clarify the very specific point made by another as to the wording in the report.
I've heard of getting an extra value meal, but that is ridiculous right there.[/quote

 

Did they supersize that?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.