Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pitino: I had relations with Sypher

Featured Replies

Late to the thread so this might be on the 5 previous pages.

 

I've heard speculation that recruits won't care about this and I'd probably agree.

 

However, a mom might not appreciate the "abortion" aspect and could play a role in the recruit looking elsewhere.

  • Replies 284
  • Views 29.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Late to the thread so this might be on the 5 previous pages.

 

I've heard speculation that recruits won't care about this and I'd probably agree.

 

However, a mom might not appreciate the "abortion" aspect and could play a role in the recruit looking elsewhere.

 

I think the biggest factor is how much longer he'll be around.

Late to the thread so this might be on the 5 previous pages.

 

I've heard speculation that recruits won't care about this and I'd probably agree.

 

However, a mom might not appreciate the "abortion" aspect and could play a role in the recruit looking elsewhere.

 

The abortion would bother me, but it would bother me more when taken in the entire context of the situation. His casual attitude toward marriage and sex.... not the role model I'd want around my kid mentoring and leading him. Some it won't disturb though. Only time will paint the entire picture of the consequences of his/Sypher's behavior.

The abortion would bother me, but it would bother me more when taken in the entire context of the situation. His casual attitude toward marriage and sex.... not the role model I'd want around my kid mentoring and leading him. Some it won't disturb though. Only time will paint the entire picture of the consequences of his/Sypher's behavior.

 

Agreed. However, just the infidelity, while a problem, might more acceptable to some families. However, add in that he funded her abortion and now you've got some upset parents.

It has become so public and very damaging against him and ultimately it makes the university look bad.

 

While true, that has nothing to do with my post.

Agree with ya and as you stated before. Not only the scenario that you describe, but remember Sypher and Pitino had UNPROTECTED sex and they both apparently have a fairly busy sexual history. So, did Sypher not mind that? Did he ask his new bride to go get tested? Odd situation for a fella to find a new Mrs.

I was told some time ago that Tim Sypher was the one who drove Karen to Cincinnati to make sure she had the abortion.

No that isn't what it said.

 

It said "She told him she was going to have an abortion, and stated she didn't have health insurance. He asked how much it would cost. She gave him the figure of $3,000, which he gave to her".

 

"It" could be referring to health insurance or the abortion itself.

 

And depending on the mindset of Pitino the money might have simply been "go away" money if he didn't believe her story.

Come on RRR, your smarter then this post. And Pitino is smarter then to think he was giving her $3000 for health insurance.

Come on RRR, your smarter then this post. And Pitino is smarter then to think he was giving her $3000 for health insurance.

Your not getting my point really, he may have been doubtful about the existance of the pregnacy to begin with, as I would be. He asked her how much the insurance was, she said 3000 dollars, then he paid her. Did he pay her to be able to have the abortion or did he pay her to go away? We don't have that answer.

I've heard speculation that recruits won't care about this and I'd probably agree.

 

I think the biggest factor is how much longer he'll be around.

 

The only way that this will affect Pitino's recruiting is the "will he be here next year?" factor... Recruits don't care if he or any other coach cheated on their wife...

The only way that this will affect Pitino's recruiting is the "will he be here next year?" factor... Recruits don't care if he or any other coach cheated on their wife...

 

Some parents of these recuits will. Do I think it could/will hurt his recuiting, yes. Not with all players, but some.

Edited by rockmom

The only way that this will affect Pitino's recruiting is the "will he be here next year?" factor... Recruits don't care if he or any other coach cheated on their wife...

 

Recruits may not care, but their parents might; but I don't particularly care about weighing in on how this will effect his recruiting/coaching or anything like that. I'm a UK fan but I don't feel any ill-will towards Pitino for going to UL, he thought it was the best move for his family and had his own reasons- he has always seemed like a coach that has loved to stir the pot.

 

I feel bad for both families involved, I don't know much about the situation, as I have not followed it very closely, I don't think he gets fired or even reprimanded by the university and I don't really think he should. It was an immoral thing to do, but I think reprimanding him would just add more stress to the situation.

 

He got himself into an extremely stupid situation-having sex in a restaurant, I don't care if it was with his wife, girlfriend, whoever, that's a dumb thing to do-and he's paying for it in the court of public opinion, which I don't care what anyone says, that will effect him. This story just seems to be the kind of story that would be in a poorly written soap opera: high profile individual engages in an extra-marital affair, having sexual relations in public places, then getting said squeeze pregnant and giving her $3000 for an abortion. Does anyone else kind of laugh when reading a summary of this whole thing?

 

It'll be interesting to see what othertwists and turns this story has.

Your not getting my point really, he may have been doubtful about the existance of the pregnacy to begin with, as I would be. He asked her how much the insurance was, she said 3000 dollars, then he paid her. Did he pay her to be able to have the abortion or did he pay her to go away? We don't have that answer.

That is not how the statement in the report reads and you know it. You can spin it that way but that's all it is, a spin. She told him she was having an abortion but didn't have insurance. He asked how much it was? You, I, and everyone that has read that report knows he wasn't asking her how much the insurance was. It's laughable to try to spin it that way. He asked her how much the abortion was and she said $3000. Whether he thought she was really pregnant or not doesn't matter. If she was then he just gave her $3000 to cover the abortion and to go away. No one that wants and abortion goes out to and gets health insurance first so the insurance will pay for it.

That is not how the statement in the report reads and you know it. You can spin it that way but that's all it is, a spin. She told him she was having an abortion but didn't have insurance. He asked how much it was? You, I, and everyone that has read that report knows he wasn't asking her how much the insurance was. It's laughable to try to spin it that way. He asked her how much the abortion was and she said $3000. Whether he thought she was really pregnant or not doesn't matter. If she was then he just gave her $3000 to cover the abortion and to go away. No one that wants and abortion goes out to and gets health insurance first so the insurance will pay for it.

It's laughable that you get to make up your own version of the story and call it fact. If it was cover up money for a baby, she would have gotten a lot more than $3,000.

It's laughable that you get to make up your own version of the story and call it fact. If it was cover up money for a baby, she would have gotten a lot more than $3,000.

 

What part did I make up? What I said is based on what the police report says. If that isn't correct blame the police not me. And who said anything about cover up money? I said to cover the abortion, as in cover the cost.

No that isn't what it said.

 

It said "She told him she was going to have an abortion, and stated she didn't have health insurance. He asked how much it would cost. She gave him the figure of $3,000, which he gave to her".

 

"It" could be referring to health insurance or the abortion itself.

 

And depending on the mindset of Pitino the money might have simply been "go away" money if he didn't believe her story.

 

I've stayed out of this (haven't even read the first three pages of this thread), but I flatly reject the notion that the "it" was the health insurance. Could it have been? Sure, I suppose it could have been. But how likely do you really think it is that that was what he was asking about? I'm asking you to think if someone told you they desperately needed a root canal, but didn't have dental insurance, are you thinking about how to purchase them dental insurance or the root canal?

 

I can buy that maybe he thought she was lying and was giving her a small sum to go away, but at no point do I buy that he was giving her $3,000 to go get insurance.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.