August 12, 200917 yr As a Cards fan and a fan of Rick P. I am disapointed. But I will say this, this has nothing to do with me or anyone else. This is a private matter between he and his family. I hate that it has been made public and has hurt his rep. That goes with the territory. He makes a ton of money for being in the public eye and when he does something wrong, or in this case plain stupid, he deserves public criticism. Plus, if I'm sending my 18 year old son to him for four years I want to know all I can about the guy.
August 12, 200917 yr I am not at all happy for his and the woman's decision to abort a baby, or that they had dessert at the restaraunt, but I just pray that he asks God's forgiveness and moves on. He, his wife and family deserve that much. Will I watch and be a fan of his from now on, probably not. It just changes things. I do not hold his sins against him, though.
August 12, 200917 yr This is the language in Louisville’s Principles of Responsibility in regards to its faculty and staff: The continued success and strong public image of the University of Louisville is dependent upon the responsible and ethical conduct of its administrators, faculty and staff. It is the responsibility of the University Community to foster and nurture a culture where integrity in all professional conduct is the foremost aim. In addition, all members of the University Community are responsible to ensure that their behavior and activity is consistent with this commitment, as well as with University policies and procedures. … Under the sub-head … 1. Ethical and Responsible Conduct The University of Louisville’s faculty, administration and staff should conduct themselves ethically, with the highest integrity, in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and University policies, in all aspects of their work. They should be fair and principled in University business transactions and other related professional activities, acting in good faith when dealing with both internal constituents and external entities. Their conduct should always reflect their positions of trust and loyalty with respect to the University and members of these communities.
August 12, 200917 yr That goes with the territory. He makes a ton of money for being in the public eye and when he does something wrong, or in this case plain stupid, he deserves public criticism. Plus, if I'm sending my 18 year old son to him for four years I want to know all I can about the guy. Then you as a parent have choices to make where to send your child. For me he was hired to win basketball games at UofL with out violating the NCAA rules. For everyone on here blasting him over the affair and abortion, go ahead and throw stones if you are with out sin! Because all sin is equal. I am not saying what he did is right. I am just saying it is not any of my business.
August 12, 200917 yr I am just saying it is not any of my business. It is when you are the second highest paid state employee and the most visible face associated with a major public university within the state. Like it or not, with the fame and money come different standards of accountability.
August 12, 200917 yr It is when you are the second highest paid state employee and the most visible face associated with a major public university within the state. Like it or not, with the fame and money come different standards of accountability. :thumb:
August 12, 200917 yr When you eat at Porcini it sounds like you definitely don't leave hungry. I heard the rumor about the 22 year old former cheerleader at UK back when Slick Rick left for Beantown. Just goes to show that when you play with fire enough, eventually you will get burned. I have to say I feel bad for his kids. I know they are grown, but it is still something they have to live with forever. The wife will be fine, as I feel certain she's known about the indicretions as long as Hilary has. :sssh::lol:
August 12, 200917 yr Geez, I guess asking for forgiveness is out of the question. Good for Rick that Austydak ain't his judge and jury.
August 12, 200917 yr For anyone wondering if this is a big deal or not, it is the top headline on ESPN.com.
August 12, 200917 yr That's one expensive dessert Porcini's serves. :lol: NOW THAT IS FUNNY SISTA!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
August 12, 200917 yr Why is everyone acting so shocked and surprisingly disgusted by this. He's been getting bashed for his ways for years now and it doesn't change the case against Sypher.
August 12, 200917 yr What was the UofL President's reaction to the story? I'm sure he's getting out his broom....
August 12, 200917 yr What was the UofL President's reaction to the story? According to the article, both Jurich and Ramsey have released statements in support of Pitino and his family. I'm certain neither are surprised by this turn of events. I'm even more certain the were aware of what was coming before Ms. Sypher went public.
August 12, 200917 yr NOW THAT IS FUNNY SISTA!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Thanks! I figured it was lost in the argument.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.