Florence Police Stop Potential Jumper

JOHNDUNHOFT

It's a shame that nutbags like this consume the precious resourses of our law enforcement communities. Better if the police show up, and when the guy claims he's gonna jump, they just shoot him to save everybody the wasted time.

Don't police deal with nutbags ALL the time?

It's a shame that nutbags like this consume the precious resourses of our law enforcement communities. Better if the police show up, and when the guy claims he's gonna jump, they just shoot him to save everybody the wasted time.

I think your comments are really insensitive. Most of these people are mentally ill and/or depressed and they have no one to turn to or to help them. They need our compassion and a gentle hand. Yesterday was truly a success.

I think your comments are really insensitive. Most of these people are mentally ill and/or depressed and they have no one to turn to or to help them. They need our compassion and a gentle hand. Yesterday was truly a success.

I agree 100%.....we have no idea what this person was going through. The old adage of "walking a mile in his shoes" comes to mind. Life is just to precious to give up on a person without trying. Congrats to the officers involved!:thumb:

If this is truly how you feel, I feel sorry for you. You may have a great life, but some people out there suffer from depression or other illnesses that blur their judgement. Precious resources? Would you rather the police save a life or sit on a back street waiting 3 hours for someone to run a stop sign?

WOW! That is harsh.

Okay, I'll admit my post was in poor taste. And it doesn't represent my true feelings. I just get a bit aggravated at times when I read and hear what our law enforcement officials have to deal with; however, I didn't illustrate my frustration very well.

Can I come out of my room now?:isurrender: