NBA Finals discussion

Lee missed basically 2 layups in the final 10 seconds, both of which would have won the game. Sorry, but if you're in the NBA and can't make layups, you don't deserve to see the floor. He should be right there sitting next to Van Gundy the rest of the way. He's been terrible all postseason.

He was very good against the Cavs. He didn't play as much as a normal starter would, but he hit some big shots.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lee played well in the Cleveland series I thought. Didn't watch them much before that, but he has been far from terrible all post-season. The shot at the end of regulation was not a "layup." It was a tough play to make.

I couldn't agree with you more. I thought it was a pretty tough shot to make. Had a good luck, but for us to sit on our coaches and say "There is no way he should have missed that" is just wrong.

He'll bounce back and be fine.

Lee missed basically 2 layups in the final 10 seconds, both of which would have won the game. Sorry, but if you're in the NBA and can't make layups, you don't deserve to see the floor. He should be right there sitting next to Van Gundy the rest of the way. He's been terrible all postseason.

He got fouled on both plays. Both are tough calls, but for Kobe the whistle would have blown. On the last play Kobe fouled him twice before the pass. He played well the whole post season until JJ played 27 minutes hitting 1 outside shot compared to his 12 minutes. It's not his fault his coach loses his mind.

He got fouled on both plays. Both are tough calls, but for Kobe the whistle would have blown. On the last play Kobe fouled him twice before the pass. He played well the whole post season until JJ played 27 minutes hitting 1 outside shot compared to his 12 minutes. It's not his fault his coach loses his mind.

:lol::lol::lol:

Howard got just as many calls as Kobe down the stretch. Ariza stripped him clean and Gasol blocked him when Dwight went up with his left hand in the fourth. How about the blatant goal-tend that was missed in the first quarter when Howard when through the rim to block Gasol's shot? The people who complain about officials being one sided must have only watched one side of the court because there were calls blown on both ends. You really think that Kobe fouled him before the ball was thrown in on the last play? You have to KILL someone for a foul like that to be called.

Howard got just as many calls as Kobe down the stretch. Ariza stripped him clean and Gasol blocked him when Dwight went up with his left hand in the fourth. How about the blatant goal-tend that was missed in the first quarter when Howard when through the rim to block Gasol's shot? The people who complain about officials being one sided must have only watched one side of the court because there were calls blown on both ends. You really think that Kobe fouled him before the ball was thrown in on the last play? You have to KILL someone for a foul like that to be called.

While I agree you have to kill someone for a foul to be called, if you're asking did he foul him, the answer is yes, he held him a little coming off the screen. Kobe was beat, he knew it, and he did a little bit to impede his momentum. I wouldn't have wanted the foul called, and the refs obliged. It's the type of foul you see constantly. But a foul it was by the letter of the law.

While I agree you have to kill someone for a foul to be called, if you're asking did he foul him, the answer is yes, he held him a little coming off the screen. Kobe was beat, he knew it, and he did a little bit to impede his momentum. I wouldn't have wanted the foul called, and the refs obliged. It's the type of foul you see constantly. But a foul it was by the letter of the law.

So did Howard get fouled at the end of the Cleveland game?

Kobe got a back screen that he couldn't see, the fault was on Ariza for not bumping Lee to let Kobe recover.

Howard also had alot of no calls. He got plenty, but there were times I felt like he got hacked and nothing got called. At no point in the game did I feel like a questionable call didn't go Kobe's way. A few of those fouls on jump shots were just crap. But, like I said stars will get the calls and for the course of the game they probably should.

Howard also had alot of no calls. He got plenty, but there were times I felt like he got hacked and nothing got called. At no point in the game did I feel like a questionable call didn't go Kobe's way. A few of those fouls on jump shots were just crap. But, like I said stars will get the calls and for the course of the game they probably should.

It is what it is and we could talk about it all day. To say Kobe got every questionable call is laughable. He get the benefit of the doubt more often than not, but then again, what superstar doesn't? I'm done talking about officials, anyone that thinks they won the game for the Lakers is watching a different game.

Game 3... who ya got? Must win for Orlando.

It is what it is and we could talk about it all day. To say Kobe got every questionable call is laughable. He get the benefit of the doubt more often than not, but then again, what superstar doesn't? I'm done talking about officials, anyone that thinks they won the game for the Lakers is watching a different game.

Game 3... who ya got? Must win for Orlando.

Did I say that?

The couple of fouls that put Kobe on the line were garbage. I did say that. The Magic failed to capitalize when they had the opportunity, the Lakers seized their chance nothing more you can say. Both teams played bad and were lucky that it was such a sloppy game.

So did Howard get fouled at the end of the Cleveland game?

Kobe got a back screen that he couldn't see, the fault was on Ariza for not bumping Lee to let Kobe recover.

Probably? First of all, I don't really remember what foul we're talking about. But it probably was the same type of situation where it was a foul they weren't going to call, but a foul by the letter of the law.

Did I say that?

The couple of fouls that put Kobe on the line were garbage. I did say that. The Magic failed to capitalize when they had the opportunity, the Lakers seized their chance nothing more you can say. Both teams played bad and were lucky that it was such a sloppy game.

I'd say more than a couple. There were two or three fouls on Pietrus where I'm not even sure the two players made contact with each other.

Kobe seems to be getting more calls on his jump shot than when he drives to the basket. He and Howard both get a lot of calls, IMO.

NBA officiating it what it is...BAD.

Did I say that?

I didn't say you did, but some are implying it.

Probably? First of all, I don't really remember what foul we're talking about. But it probably was the same type of situation where it was a foul they weren't going to call, but a foul by the letter of the law.

Yes it was a lob to Dwight just after LeBron hit two free throws to tie the game on the phantom trip call.

Yes it was a lob to Dwight just after LeBron hit two free throws to tie the game on the phantom trip call.

So yeah, a similar situation where a foul could have been called, but as you said, someone would just about have to kill a player out there for them to call a foul with that little time. But you'd agree that it could've been called?

The officiating was bad both ways, although the Lakers benefited more, especially late in the game. Pietrus had some horrible fouls(twice when there was absolutely no contact) called on him which led to his fouling out. Ariza was fouling(almost appeared as though he was trying to intentionally foul) Turkoglu every time he brought the ball up the court late in the 4th quarter without a call being made.