American capitalism gone with a whimper

It must be said, that like the breaking of a great dam, the American decent into Marxism is happening with breath taking speed, against the back drop of a passive, hapless sheeple, excuse me dear reader, I meant people.

True, the situation has been well prepared on and off for the past century, especially the past twenty years. The initial testing grounds was conducted upon our Holy Russia and a bloody test it was. But we Russians would not just roll over and give up our freedoms and our souls, no matter how much money Wall Street poured into the fists of the Marxists.

Those lessons were taken and used to properly prepare the American populace for the surrender of their freedoms and souls, to the whims of their elites and betters.

http://english.pravda.ru/opinion/columnists/107459-0/

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Insightful article. In all the years that I've been a business owner, these are indeed the most uncertain of times. One thing that bothers me most these days is the ignorant response of "I don't care as long as it doesn't affect me" that seems to be invoked so often as of late everywhere you turn. Sad.

Last night, I heard on the news that a senator (can't remember the name) wants to introduce a bill requiring businesses to offer at least one week paid vacation to all workers. So much for free enterprise.....................

Anyone who can't see what is going on is blind or stupid, or both.

The left is offering up a little security Hearsay. You know, the security real Americans provide for themselves. Are the blind, stupid, or both aware of what they will be giving up for the protection that's being offered? I have a sick feeling that many of them do.

The left is offering up a little security Hearsay. You know, the security real Americans provide for themselves. Are the blind, stupid, or both aware of what they will be giving up for the protection that's being offered? I have a sick feeling that many of them do.

Who are the "real Americans"?

Who are the "real Americans"?

Those who only take assistance when needed, those who want real freedom that so many have died for, those who WANT to make it on their own........those that try to live within their means, those that do not want a nanny state.........those who see Barney Frank, Nancy Pelosi, and Obama for what they are...................

Those who only take assistance when needed, those who want real freedom that so many have died for, those who WANT to make it on their own........those that try to live within their means, those that do not want a nanny state.........those who see Barney Frank, Nancy Pelosi, and Obama for what they are...................

Thank You Sir!:thumb:

Anyone who can't see what is going on is blind or stupid, or both.

Interesting....as one who generally seems to somehow fall far enough out of line with the thinking of most in this forum, I'll take your comment personally.

Nice to get a perspective on how I'm viewed, though.

Not a fan of Pelosi, ho-hum about Frank, but did vote for Obama. I guess, just as I was branded unpatriotic, unAmerican, and told I should move because I opposed the war in Iraq, I have still no right to call my self an American.

America....land of the free....as long as you agree with the "right" talking points.

Not a fan of Pelosi, ho-hum about Frank, but did vote for Obama. I guess, just as I was branded unpatriotic, unAmerican, and told I should move because I opposed the war in Iraq, I have still no right to call my self an American.

America....land of the free....as long as you agree with the "right" talking points.

You got that right :thumb:

I saw this article last week and was wondering how long before it popped up on here. About the kind of reaction I anticipated.

I can't stand this stimulus and bailout crap, we should have let the companies that needed to go bankrupt do it long ago so as to save the already overburdened taxpayers some money. The idea of the government having ANY stake in a company that competes directly with a privately owned company is problematic as well. IF everything goes as Obama promised in his speech on Monday I will be shocked. The government has no reason to not play favorites. If they don't play favorites with incentives and further investment then they may never recoup their investment to begin with. Of course this is also not surprising that they would go so far to prop up many Union jobs, as the current "in-party" has pandered to the Unions as many would say the previous "in-party" did with owners and management.

That said, some of this "un-American" talk is beginning to remind me of the "Know-Nothings" which concerns me as I find such rhetoric problematic. Not just from a practical standpoint mind you, but also at a more personal level since I am a descendant of Irish-Catholic immigrants. Nationalistic nativism in such vitriolic rhetoric will cause more problems that it will help.

I am coming closer to realigning my voter registration to Libertarian at the rate that things are going with the current state of those on the right. I registered Republican because they were more in line with my views on defense, but I was never 100% with their social agenda. I have always been in full support of the free market.

The moves I have seen in the last year by both administrations in regards to the economy make me sick to my stomach.

Edited by PepRock01

I agree with Rockmom. It's good to know that some of us aren't considered "real" Americans (yet again) soley because we don't agree with others lines of thinking.

I'll have to tell my dad, a Vietnam vet, that he evidently fought for the wrong country, as he isn't a "real" American because of his political views. Heck, I probably need to call up some of my former students that are serving in Iraq and Afghanistan right now and tell them to come home, as they aren't "real" Americans, due to their political beliefs...same for the one that came back from Iraq wounded and had to learn how to walk again.

I was all too afraid that I understood what was meant by "real american" in the original post.

Let me make myself clear.

Just because you voted for Obama or are against war, doesn't make you "un-American." Heck I don't like the war and at one point I was going to vote for Obama......and once again I'm a registered Democrat.

In my book Afghanistan = justified, Iraq = not so much.

But it you believe that some Dims are really out for "the good of the people" and they are not power hungry or you believe national health care, a tax rate of about 50%, hyper-inflation, huge entitlement programs, a broke welfare system, and government control of our industry and market is American.......................if the shoe fits............