Right Wing Extremists: A Homeland Security Report

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not wearing any rose colored glasses, and I'm not a blind follower. But I'm not sure what there is to get really upset about. Hey, I was told I was wrong when I was upset about the previous administrations support of tapping my phone. So, I'm not going to get upset now when apparently my rights are being somehow violated.

Who's upset? Heck, I'm perplexed!

Yet another comparison to Bush and his admin. I'm not looking backwards, it's tiring. I could sit here and make comparisons between the current admin with the Reagan admin 24/7 but what good will it do? With that said, what good does any of this do? Maybe I can withdraw my membership with BGP and just talk to my wife and kids about this stuff. Nope! I'll be on the street within a week.:D

Who's upset? Heck, I'm perplexed!

Yet another comparison to Bush and his admin. I'm not looking backwards, it's tiring. I could sit here and make comparisons between the current admin with the Reagan admin 24/7 but what good will it do? With that said, what good does any of this do? Maybe I can withdraw my membership with BGP and just talk to my wife and kids about this stuff. Nope! I'll be on the street within a week.:D

No, the comparison was to the reaction I received when I was upset about something in the previous administration. I'm not comparing this to the previous administrations actions. I'm comparing reactions to reactions.

No, the comparison was to the reaction I received when I was upset about something in the previous administration. I'm not comparing this to the previous administrations actions. I'm comparing reactions to reactions.

Are they opposite but equal reactions?

Well then! I don't have a clue how to compare our reactions. Do you? Wait a minute...What did I just say...or ask?:confused:

Well then! I don't have a clue how to compare our reactions. Do you? Wait a minute...What did I just say...or ask?:confused:

I guess there's no use discussing this with you, then. You clearly have no intent to take my thoughts seriously.

I guess there's no use discussing this with you, then. You clearly have no intent to take my thoughts seriously.

Wrong.

I guess my weak attempt to ease some of the tension with a little humor failed miserably.:isurrender:

Does this mean you were upset with Bush's infringements but not Obama's infringements?? :idunno:

No. That's not it at all. What I learned from my conversations regarding what I perceived to be infringments upon my rights by the Bush administration is that there are times when the loss of some rights, hopefully a temporary loss, is for the greater good of the nation. My position moderated after those debates.

I was upset about the infringement of rights. You're upset about the same.

That's a fair enough statement as far as it goes. However, with Bush, people were afraid that an average citizen might be confused with a terrorist. With Obama, the fear is that an average citizen will be defined as a terrorist. It seems to me that Obama is putting many more people "at-risk" than Bush ever did. Remember there are millions of people who avidly support the second amendment. There aren't many innocent bystanders who just happen to find themselves on a battlefield in Afghanistan.

That's a fair enough statement as far as it goes. However, with Bush, people were afraid that an average citizen might be confused with a terrorist. With Obama, the fear is that an average citizen will be defined as a terrorist. It seems to me that Obama is putting many more people "at-risk" than Bush ever did. Remember there are millions of people who avidly support the second amendment. There aren't many innocent bystanders who just happen to find themselves on a battlefield in Afghanistan.

I guess that I can agree partly with what you say. But, I think that I feel a terrorist isn't necessarily someone who is nameless and looks differntly than me, or practices a different religion than me. I feel that there are terrorists among us, people like Timothy McVeigh, who look like us, who live like us, but use their freedoms to facilitate their atrocities.

Like I said, go ahead and ride that train...but I'm telling you the bridge is out. Obama is going for total control of the US. What I can't figure out is whether he wants it to make us a Marxist nation; to make us apart of the one world government movement; he really hates America so he wants to bring us down; or he just loves power.

Bush may go down in history as the second worst president of the former United States of America having paved the way for the man who destroyed this country, Barack Obama.

And yeah, I'm extremely peeved that this administration is calling our soldiers dangerous to the United States as Obama sends more of them to Afghanistan.

Welcome to the USSA HHSDad.....

Like I said, go ahead and ride that train...but I'm telling you the bridge is out. Obama is going for total control of the US. What I can't figure out is whether he wants it to make us a Marxist nation; to make us apart of the one world government movement; he really hates America so he wants to bring us down; or he just loves power.

Bush may go down in history as the second worst president of the former United States of America having paved the way for the man who destroyed this country, Barack Obama.

And yeah, I'm extremely peeved that this administration is calling our soldiers dangerous to the United States as Obama sends more of them to Afghanistan.

I understand your personal involvement in all of this but I did not read anything in the report that "called our soldiers dangerous." What I read was a report examining what are POTENTIAL problems that may occur in the nation.

Like it or not, the report doesn't blanket all veterans but points out the FACT that it was a Gulf War veteran named McVeigh that did drift towards the extreme Right Wing nut jobs and did some pretty horrific damage. IF such an act occurred again people would be calling for the heads of Homeland Security for not "keeping an eye" on people that might have attacked the government like they did the Oklahoma City bombing.

I did not vote for Obama and have been pretty disappointed in a lot of things thus far but I'm not ready for the goolag just yet nor do I see this report as anything but a report of potential hot button issues/groups that the government issues. My guess is there are many more of these reports out there for forgeign nationals, left wing anarchists and other possible problems.